Bedlam - OU @ Okie Lite - ABC

ztejas

2 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

This game will not be the difference between us making the playoff and not. 

It definitely has ramifications.   This loss did not help at all, Bama loses today now too our chances go way down.  It was not logically smart to root for OU to lose today.  

Edited by Hook1997

3 minutes ago, Stunns38 said:

Honestly, I wanted a 2nd shot at OU. Maybe now OSU where the refs will be blatant as fuck. We just need to win out.

If it’s Texas vs osu and we have 1 loss, the league would have to weigh a possible financial gain of a playoff team vs having a 2 loss team win that isn’t about to leave the conference win it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

It definitely has ramifications.   This loss did not help at all, Bama loses today now too our chances go way down.  It was not logically smart to root for OU to lose today.  

Agreed. Sometimes though, you just have to let logic take a backseat and savour a blOU loss.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Will need a comprehensive post on standings and who has who left after tonight’s games 

We beat KSU so we're in over them. 

OSU beat OU so they are in over them. 

Long as Texas and Okie Lite do their thing I think it's the game. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

It wasn't, but now you have to root for OSU to win out and face them in the championship game and hopefully beat a top 15ish team with only 2 losses.  @UCF, @Hou, and BYU.  They should be big favorites in every game.

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

We control our destiny. Win out and we're in. Lose and then it goes to tiebreakers. OU & KSU have 2 losses. ISU may have another shortly but we can knock them out regardless. Just win. Don't worry about the rest. 

And ISU plays Kansas tonight and has us and @ K-state so they have the roughest path.

• Hook 'Em 1

Here's how I see it:

1. OU has benefitted from noncalls for years, and I like seeing their other big rival send them off with a loss and scoreboard for however long. Because OU always deserves to lose.
  2. I don't care if the refs are crooked. It still gives UT a chance to have scoreboard over Okie Lite if we win out and meet them in Arlington, since they beat us at the last meeting.
  3. We have infinite shots at OU, because the Cotton Bowl is forever.
Edited by bolverk
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

It's not binary.  I can sit here and emotionally savor OU tripping on their dicks while logically realizing it might have negative ramifications down the line.  

ESPN has us at a 96% chance of making the playoffs by winning out and winning the conference championship and that was from four days ago, two of the teams above us are bama and ou

https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/page/cfbplayoffpredictor/cfb-playoff-predictor?appsrc=sc&RuleNumber=Not Applicable&consent_mode=ccpa

6 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Here's how I see it:

1. OU has benefitted from noncalls for years, and I like seeing their other big rival send them off with a loss and scoreboard for however long. Because OU always deserves to lose.
  2. I don't care if the refs are crooked. It still gives UT a chance to have scoreboard over Okie Lite if we win out and meet them in Arlington, since they beat us us at the last meeting.

This. blowu has been benefiting from conference cheating for decades. Fuck the rig XII and douchebag cheating sooners forever.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1