maga vs the swifties (taylor's version)

henrygandorf

43 minutes ago, Helobious said:

It just occurred to me that I dislike Trump & Swift for a similar reason. A culture of feverish celebrity worship that destroys objective thoughts in their followers. 

... says the Yankee fan with more than ten thousand posts on a Longhorn message board.

• Haha 9

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

The music and how much she’s talked about. Everywhere. Seems pretty self-absorbed (who the fuck promotes a new album while accepting a Grammy?), just doesn’t seem like a likeable person to me. 

Needless to say, she’s not someone I want to hear about while watching a game. Yet that’s all I got this season. 

You watch the Grammys?  

Anyway, I didn't think I liked her music (mostly because I'm a snob and never listened to it), but then I hear a song on KGSR that I really liked...Googled it, and you guessed it...Taylor Swift.  

Edited by DixonHur
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

To me, the Grammys are about 1 thing: sometimes there are some historic performances. However I would never watch the 3 hour show to see them. Catch them the next day on youtube after you read what was good and bad.

Exactly. None of us watch this shit live anymore. If there's a performance or moment that's making headlines, maybe I'll check it out. Helo 100% clicked on a link or tweet that said, "Can you believe that Taylor Swift promoted her next record [apparently] during her own acceptance speech!?!"

And then blamed others for her overexposure and media saturation invading his life. Because he's an idiot.

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Helobious said:

It just occurred to me that I dislike Trump & Swift for a similar reason. A culture of feverish celebrity worship that destroys objective thoughts in their followers. 

Well, the difference here is that Swifties “worship” her by buying music, copying her style choices, and liking the Chiefs. MAGA worships Trump by voting for a man who wants to be a dictator and hurt people. 

So, same-same but different. But also same. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Mood What GIF by Bounce

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Reading through all this and I’m realizing there’s no way talking about Swift is worth all of this energy. Maybe I’m the one that’s giving her power. I still think her/her fans/the chiefs are fucking annoying but I’m sitting the rest of this out.

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

So am I a MAGA-tard if I just wanted the 9ers to win because I’m sick of the chiefs, don’t like mahomes, don’t like Kelce or Swift, and like watching football games without seeing or hearing about someone watching from the press box every 10 seconds? From reading this thread I guess I am.

Think for yourself? 

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

So your theory is that Goredho was talking about you when he said "they" multiple times. Seems like the problem is you're too sensitive, you feel guilty that he was actually describing you, you can't read, or some combination of those. 

and he wants to call Taylor "self absorbed" 

18 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

This image is now Democrat/shitlib coded for no other reason that MAGA becoming a bunch of weirdos.

image.thumb.jpeg.1801f6d906824f581466c3c2d18b8ba5.jpeg 

Like the VJ Day kiss pic.  Let’s call this one VTay Day.

IMG_4612.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Yeah but that don’t mean shit.  What pop star is he fucking?

Miranda Brooke?

Also, how dare he have John Legend sing at his wedding!

Edited by DDD Dad
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, DDD Dad said:

Slightly off topic but not sure where to post this.  Can we talk about the shadow campaign by Hobby Lobby magnate David Green?

"Christianity is all about serving your fellow man.  Here, let me wash your feet while I take away your rights to medical care, equal treatment based on sexuality, and ship a bunch of you back to where you came from."

https://www.npr.org/2023/02/06/1154880673/jesus-commercial-super-bowl-billboard-he-gets-us-hobby-lobby-evangelical-billion

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/11/us/he-gets-us-super-bowl-commercials-cec/index.html

I started a discussion on this in the LGTBQ thread.  I had no idea until that morning that David Green is behind this.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Helobious said:

It’s ridiculous. No one “told” me to not like Taylor Swift. I just don’t fucking like her for reasons I stated above. I don’t like Trump, I don’t like Taylor Swift, and I wanted the 9ers to win. 

IMG_2331.gif.600c664e86c2a01d1fa8dee3ef1e3cf1.gif

Just now, South Austin said:

Did Travis Kelce win Taylor Swift, or was she awarded to him?

Do you even NFL conspiracy bro? 

IMG_2332.jpeg.722c403f4f32ba989c9286259a920c92.jpeg

Here, Swift and Goodell script out the last 10 plays of overtime. Even more difficult, Goodell directs the post-game kiss scenes. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, G650 said:

I feel like this thread needs the Harrison Ford who gives a shit gif

As a single dad with 2 sons, I have no exposure to Taylor Swift and I really don't give a shit about pro football so my interest in the chiefs or the Kelce brothers is whatever. I'm squarely in the "who gives a fuck" camp but I do have to admit, I was secretly hoping for a chiefs comeback last night just for the maga tears. 

TLDR: I'm only in it to see the maga snowflakes get worked up over it

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Do you even NFL conspiracy bro? 

IMG_2332.jpeg.722c403f4f32ba989c9286259a920c92.jpeg

Here, Swift and Goodell script out the last 10 plays of overtime. Even more difficult, Goodell directs the post-game kiss scenes. 

Is that fat Jessica Simpson next to Tayor?

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Hmbre97 said:

As a single dad with 2 sons, I have no exposure to Taylor Swift and I really don't give a shit about pro football so my interest in the chiefs or the Kelce brothers is whatever. I'm squarely in the "who gives a fuck" camp but I do have to admit, I was secretly hoping for a chiefs comeback last night just for the maga tears. 

TLDR: I'm only in it to see the maga snowflakes get worked up over it

Yeah I haven't watched NFL in ages, but my son wanted to watch this because he got into the 49ers through my FIL. I think the last SB I watched before this was Broncos and Seahawks, whenever that was.

I did prefer the Chiefs slightly, just because fuck the 49ers and Andy Reid always seemed like a good dude. MAGA tears definitely a bonus.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The Grammys are 100% about selling albums and promoting concerts. It's never been about the best music. They throw a bone every now and then to a new unknown act but it's mainly about who the big distributors are looking to promote.

So…not 100% then. 

• Haha 3