Week 14, 2023, Texas v Washington, College Football Playoff Edition

Wulaw Horn

6 minutes ago, sith_horn said:

I won't be surprised if this turns out to be true or false. Big 12 crews aren't the only refs that get calls wrong. I will say that our edges would have more sacks this season if holding was called appropriately. On the flip side, Washington's tackles are both good, so they have their work cut out for them. If they can't get to the QB, I just hope they hold the edge and allow the interior to push the pocket, and our LBs/DBs to take care of the rest.

@sushihorn had a great post earlier in the week with stats on Big XII pass rush performance in bowl games relative to the regular season.

The TL;DR: Washington?prepareyouranus GIF by FirstAndMonday

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

On a cruise ship in the middle of the gulf. Not super happy to not be in NO with the other degenerates, but whatever, allegedly they are going to have the game on the huge tv at the lido deck pool. Shitty watching experience probably but whatever.  

On a cruise ship in the middle of the gulf. Not super happy to not be in NO with the other degenerates, but whatever, allegedly they are going to have the game on the huge tv at the lido deck pool. Shitty watching experience probably but whatever.  
Is this a humble brag? Watching on a cruise ship with tons of food and beverages is the next best thing to actually being in the big easy right now...unless you're hopelessly outnumbered by UW fans or something.

I passed on N'awlins, all in on Houston next week
  • Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I watched the last 3 games of the regular season on a cruise ship with the full drink package, it was great even if I wasn’t drinking.  

let your freak flag fly and realize that the wife is happy.

If I’m not at the game I can only watch with my daughter.  She understands my yelling and screaming.  My son will root against UT just to piss me off.  Even the dog has to be outside.  He gets upset when I yell and tries to get in my lap to comfort me.

my daughter and I walked by the Horns team hotel at 7:00, just in time to see the team load up in buses.  I don’t know where they were headed.

Edited by NeverMarryAStripper
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ousux said:

Is this a humble brag? Watching on a cruise ship with tons of food and beverages is the next best thing to actually being in the big easy right now...unless you're hopelessly outnumbered by UW fans or something.

I passed on N'awlins, all in on Houston next weekemoji869.pngemoji869.png

Carnival cruise with the rubes and morons, plus my 3 kids and my potted plant dad (after bariatric surgery ruining the pig out part of it) is not a humble brag. My wife is from East Texas though so this is lugs sure eeeee

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Carnival cruise with the rubes and morons, plus my 3 kids and my potted plant dad (after bariatric surgery ruining the pig out part of it) is not a humble brag. My wife is from East Texas though so this is lugs sure eeeee

trophy GIF

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I’m from East Texas and I think cruise ships suck 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

We had a big watch party for the 1991 Cotton Bowl. That was a nightmare so we decided to never ever do that again. In fact we carefully avoided parties for years...and then one cold night in December 2001 I got tricked into attending a watch party for the Big 12 Title game (it was attached to another event...it is a long story). And that was, if anything, even worse.

So years later I went over to a friends house to watch the 2010 BCS Title Game and as I was chatting with people I suddenly realized, to my horror, that this was no small get together but a watch party and I had just doomed Texas.

So I am staying in. Nobody who does not already live in my house is allowed. I will not doom Texas a third time through my carelessness.

Now I only do watch parties for the first game of the season. 

What's your address?  I think we need a stake out by a sniper to be sure.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Just as I was starting to feel bad about my life this hits like a bolt of lightning that things aren’t that bad!  Thanks. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, TexasEx said:

Sark is fucking ready and so too should you be. 

image.thumb.jpeg.bd7d65276e8a43590654aae8b646f39f.jpeg

Sark has developed quite the poker face.  He's ready to wipe his ass with nice, soft, fluffy huskies.

Let there be no doubt.

• Hook 'Em 1

I think Texas wins this game. They still have to play to their potential, but with the way this revenge tour has gone it’s another opponent we need to reverse scoreboard on. I wish Sark and Co. the best and hope they play loose.

Hook’em🤘🏼

18 hours ago, Doc Daneeka said:

Texas’ A game is 14 points better than Washington’s. If it’s a blowout, it’s almost certainly Washington on the short end of it. 

If I knew for sure when Texas was going to show up with the A game and when not, there’d be at least another zero on the right side of my net worth. So there’s that.

That said, I don’t expect Texas to get up 20 and fuck around as in three of the less than stellar games. I expect Texas to have some frustrating times but to go all python on their asses until, like Anthony Hill said (in general), you can see in their eyes that they’ve quit. 

I also think we learned a few things, finally, about playing down to competition and maintaining third quarter intensity with the ISU game and a narrow lead into half. 

• Hook 'Em 2

• Pancho locked this topic
  • Pancho unlocked this topic