Civil War

babysdaddy

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I love A24 stuff, but this is weird.

It won't be weirder than his last movie, Men

2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Alex Garland did Ex Machina and Annihilation. In. 

He also wrote 28 Days Later, Sunshine, and Never Let Me Go

• Hook 'Em 1

Florida and Texas I could see, but California and Texas, WTF?

CA will forgo its beliefs and fuck the fattest pig (TX) at party if there’s money to be made. An economic alliance between CA and TX would conquer all. We just need an unscrupulous evil billionaire who understands both sides of that coin to lead the way.

giphy.gif
  • Haha 8

2 hours ago, Reese Bennett said:

Not to get too Cloaky, but I'll just note that California has more Republicans than any other state except Texas while Texas has more Democrats than any other state except California. 

not to cloak up your cloak, but there were more trump voters in ca (2020) than any other state.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fud said:

He also wrote 28 Days Later, Sunshine, and Never Let Me Go

Never Let Me Go was closely based on a book by Kazuo Ishiguro, who wrote ... Remains of the Day. And won the Nobel Prize in Literature for it.

Great read, highly recommend (but really dark).

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/13/2023 at 2:16 PM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Florida and Texas I could see, but California and Texas, WTF?

California is not the homogenized flower children state that some choose to believe. Orange County and the San Fernando Valley are not hippie communes. 

For that matter, Texas certainly isn't a 100% anything, either. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I thought California libruls were blue-stating up Texas by moving here?  Can't have it both ways, not how civil wars work..  

I would honestly pay to watch on this at IMAX if in the end, despite the millions of lost lives, we got to annihilate and eliminate the State of Florida through some elaborate double-cross.  I'm willing to sacrifice a good chunk of Texas and most of California (not the geography, just the people) if it means no more Floridians in the United States.  Or Earth. 

But as stated above---what the fuck with 180 minute run time?  Our actual Civil War didn't last much longer than that.   

California is not as liberal as you think. Kevin McCarthy is from there. Hell, even Snoop Dogg and Kim Kardashian threw their support for LA Mayor to Republican Billionaire Rick Caruso over Karen Bass, a Black Democrat. And of course they voted Arnold to be the two-term governor because he did a great job of defeating Crimson Jihad in True Lies.

On 12/24/2023 at 12:05 PM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I really don’t think that I want to sit in a dark theatre for three hours with the type of viewer this movie will probably attract.  I’m sure I’ll watch it when it hits streaming, if the country is still around then

Same here. This shit is a little too on the nose for me to get excited about as mere entertainment, and I sure as shit have no interest in sitting in a theater full of people who’ve been jacking off to The Turner Diaries for decades. Morbid curiosity says I’ll probably stream it in the sanity and relative safety of my own home at some point. My kids have already had to deal with “What kind of American are you?” at school the day after an election a while back. 

Edited by Whitewater Horn

3 hours ago, YGIFS said:

I thought California libruls were blue-stating up Texas by moving here?  Can't have it both ways, not how civil wars work..  

I would honestly pay to watch on this at IMAX if in the end, despite the millions of lost lives, we got to annihilate and eliminate the State of Florida through some elaborate double-cross.  I'm willing to sacrifice a good chunk of Texas and most of California (not the geography, just the people) if it means no more Floridians in the United States.  Or Earth. 

But as stated above---what the fuck with 180 minute run time?  Our actual Civil War didn't last much longer than that.   

Can we somehow get all the Ohioans shipped to Florida before we nuke it (or whatever)?

• Like 1

I thought about getting rid of Ohio as well, but it's just near too much other important American "stuff/populations" for fallout purposes.  You can't get rid of Michigan or Pennsylvania or Kentucky just to eliminate Ohio.  Not worth it IMO.  If you could somehow draw their population down to Florida, that would be ideal.  But logistically, a nightmare.  But you can, either conventionally or through thermonuclear means, get rid of Florida and its people rather easily with extremely minimal collateral damage to Georgia.  Anything that may happen to Alabama is a risk I'm willing to take.  Be a shame to lose SW Florida or the Keys, but war is hell...as they say.  

Until you've spent a lot of time in remote parts of California, most Texans don't really appreciate how much more hardened they are than we are here.  A straight line from the Pacific to Santa Rose to Sacramento.  Everything north of that has more firepower and more rugged people than anyplace I've seen in the United States.  Then do the same from the Pacific from San Jose to Stockton/Modesto to Nevada on down to the Valley and on to Lake Havasu.  Those are huge swaths of population, guns, militias, etc.  And those people can endure deserts, unforgiving mountains, extreme heat, massive snowfall, and every ecosystem in between.  Most Texans I know, remind me of the bartender in "Blues Brothers"....."Oh we can fight both kinds of terrain.  The Access Road & The Strip Center!" 

Anyway, could be a fun movie to watch on xanax or something.  Sometimes I think i could be America's Heydrich for offering the United States' final solution to the Florida question.  

• Hook 'Em 1