Noah Knigga

Vic Mackey

1 hour ago, Incredulity said:

Imagine how much social pressure there is for this family to change their surname. 

I had a couple teachers and coaches born before the rise of Hitler whos given names were Adolph.  

Strong Michael Bolton Vibe

image.png.7ad82da6794bf425063d95969cba85d0.png

you know that guy only got called by his first name by the coaches.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

you know that guy only got called by his first name by the coaches.

I didn't know anyone my age with that name, but teachers and coaches who were given that name.  None of them went by Adolph.

It was always a minor scuttlebutt when it was discovered that Coach "Red" Johnson's real name was Adolph... like Hilter.  Ohhh my dog!!!  (example, not real name)

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Incredulity said:

Imagine how much social pressure there is for this family to change their surname. 

I had a couple teachers and coaches born before the rise of Hitler whos given names were Adolph.  

Strong Michael Bolton Vibe

image.png.7ad82da6794bf425063d95969cba85d0.png

Lucky for my first girlfriend Trudy, born in Bamberg, Germany in 1944, that her mutter divorced her vater - who was a hauptsturmfuhrer in the SS - and married a US Army sergeant during the Occupation.

When they moved Stateside in 1946, her mom (a pretty redhead) experienced a lot of hostility from other military wives until her husband’s CO put a stop to it.

Edited by Armybrat
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Incredulity said:

fuck social pressure, it’s their name.  and I hope announcers lean into it as well; it’s the kid’s fucking name.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1