immamac has permabanmed me against bob’s wishes. read this thread before it disappears.

6 hours ago, CycleTex87 said:

Need to hear from @Nicole44 and @Wulaw Horn before we can put this all to bed. 

I’m sad whenever Derka is sad. I think he’s a good human being that tries to do right, and takes too much shit because he can’t get out of his own way at times and that’s a problem. I wish this world was more understanding at times. Immamac has done such an incredible job with this site. It’s like seeing mommy and daddy fight. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

6 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I’m sad whenever Derka is sad. I think he’s a good human being that tries to do right, and takes too much shit because he can’t get out of his own way at times and that’s a problem. I wish this world was more understanding at times. Immamac has done such an incredible job with this site. It’s like seeing mommy and daddy fight. 

How you feelin about these Astros big dog.

Posted (edited)

Blake,

I've been an observer of the Longhorn internets since approx 2001; and was very a active reader of Shaggy from Day 1.  You are one of my favorite contributors during that entire time frame.  Even back when you were a "different person", I still always looked forward to seeing your hoops takes and thought it was really bizarre how many people (such as the "Hi" crowd) felt compelled to have real-life personal beef with you.

Fast forward to now and very little seems to have changed; so my advice is this:  Please permanently leave this website and find a different/healthier outlet for expressing your interest in sports and engaging with other fans.  Many of the largest influencers here do not have your best interests at heart (and that's putting it gently), and they never will.

I fully believe that anyone who devotes any substantial amount of attention/energy to an internet message board (and by the same token, mainstream social media) is fundamentally a loser.  Time and resources are finite, and youth/vigor/opportunity costs are tremendously precious.  The fact that there are many people here with tens of thousands of posts (translate those into conscious hours!) dropped into little more than an abyss of uselessness (95% of the time) or a vortex of hatred, division, and personal attacks (at worst) speaks immense volumes about their character as adults, parents, spouses, etc etc. 

There is a reason so many posters fit similar archetypes of ultra-high incomes and professional classes...they are the same people (especially the lawyers) who everyone else on the globe typically despises for the way they live their lives and treat others.  It is only natural that they translate their self-loathing into attempts to cope/compensate through sanctimony, condescension, frequently outright abuse towards others while safely protected behind their screens.

I aim to browse the board approx ~30 mins a week now to aggregate Astros news and pertinent insights relating to markets/finances.  Fortunately that's because I (finally) have other important, meaningful, real-world human priority shit to do which was never that case when I spent hours and hours a day here (and not coincidentally, was objectively a loser during those same life stages).

I don't know your whole story, but I perceive an enormous amount of victimhood from you during this most recent episode without appropriate regard for the greater context: This place will never be uplifting for you, it will never be a source of joy/pride/confidence/health whatever.  It is a fundamentally ugly place populated overwhelmingly by fundamentally ugly people. 

There are certainly useful things you can "learn" here (like the 'Help' board) just as you would browsing google/reddit for specific topics of interest; but actually engaging anyone here and expecting anything different than the exact-same toxic pattern over the past 10+ years for you is horribly misguided.  In the parlance of Tommy Boy, you are the woman in white gloves horribly upset by the mess made by ketchup popsicles that you insist on ordering over and over again.

Put this hellscape away.  Take control of your own life and your own recovery.  Bob, imaamac, motown, etc etc should not and cannot be the gatekeepers to your health, happiness, and well-being.  May God bless you, and I hope to see you reach your full potential somewhere that is worthwhile.

Edited by Muny_Tex
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 8

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

If some of you, like me, have been struggling to better understand the conflict, go to the Fire Rodney Terry thread and start with post 2060. Then quickly scan the Derka interactions to the end. You will see three things happening:

1. Derka banging the concept strongly (irritatingly?) that Terry was the wrong choice and a lot of posters unhappy with that.

2. Some pretty aggressive responses to his views. 

3. Him pointing out that aggressiveness. 

4. A few subtle shots at him. 

I compared my thought process when I originally read those posts awhile back to when I read them now. 

When I scan threads I usually do it quickly and skip over stuff, never reading anything too closely. Originally, I remember thinking that Derka always calls other posters combative when they are just disagreeing with him. So it seemed like he was starting fights. 

Now when I read them after seeing this thread I do see how some of the comments towards him are either more aggressive or subtle jabs. The reason I didn’t notice them before is because I often see other people  on the receiving end of similar styles of posts. 

So in my opinion, I see both sides of the issue. Derka probably is the recipient of more aggressive posts. There are other posters on surly that also are often on the receiving end of aggressive posts. Derka struggles more than others to take that, and hence this thread. 

Maybe everyone on this site should just tone down the rhetoric a bit in general. Being personally mean to people isn’t very healthy for anyone. 

to your point, the no.1 thing that gets said against me by those who don’t like me- and this has been posted repeatedly in this threads- is that i’m combative, antagonistic, that i am constantly starting shit with other posters, that any BS that comes my way was brought on myself by me. it’s simply not true, and this was my no.1 point when talking and working with blacklab. he came around to seeing this and it made a big difference.

i absolutely 100% used to be one of the most unhinged, foul, crass, aggressive, combative posters these sites have ever seen. but the truth is that was years and years ago. i have not behaved that way -antagonistically- on these boards in a very long time. yes, i can still be extremely reactive and when i go off i GO OFF, and that’s not right of me nor is it fair to the rest of this board. however, it is also not fair, or honest, or accurate in any way to say that i still am an agitator, a shit starter, or someone who attacks other posters. it is just not even remotely true, and its why motown kept getting banned while i never did.

i do not go out of my way to be insulting or to start shit. i just don’t. so if you don’t like me or you want me gone, that’s your prerogative. just don’t say that it’s because i’m out here starting fights, because that is just 100% not the case, and hasn’t been for some time. i still have a lot of flaws and things i need to improve on. starting bullshit with other people isn’t one of them. it is neither fair nor accurate to say this about me and use it as justification for either fucking with me, or in this case, banning me. 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Drool 1

Posted (edited)

for those who don’t know my personal low point on these boards came back in 2009. i was so butthurt by things other people had said to me about my mental illness that when a shaggy poster started the “i’m an alcoholic” thread i went in on page one and said, “i hope you fall off the wagon and that your drinking eventually kills you.” in my warped, juvenile, victim mentality mind i was making some great point about how i got treated on that site. yikes on bikes. i deserved alllll of the hate back then. all of it.

with that said, i truly have worked extremely hard on myself and continue to do so, and i have made tremendous progress, particularly when you look back at how i used to behave, and compare it to how i behave now. ask the folks of the nba or mlb season threads, or even the longhorn hoops posters- even those who sometimes (often lol) disagree with me- we might not always see eye to eye, but i genuinely, earnestly try to be a productive, contributing member to any of these threads.

that’s why the motown thing (and similar situations) bothers me so much. if i was fucking with you and starting shit with you then i’ve got it coming when it comes back to me. but when all i do is sincerely try to contribute to the discussion and i *literally never* post to/about someone who then shows up every day just to harrass me and talk shit and insult me and never once try to have one honest discussion- well everyone has their braking point, and mine unfortunately happens to be more easily reachable than most. that doesn’t make motown’s daily missions to fuck with me and then play the victim ok or acceptable in any way, much less endorsed and celebrated by the site owner.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

5 hours ago, Muny_Tex said:

Blake,

I've been an observer of the Longhorn internets since approx 2001; and was very a active reader of Shaggy from Day 1.  You are one of my favorite contributors during that entire time frame.  Even back when you were a "different person", I still always looked forward to seeing your hoops takes and thought it was really bizarre how many people (such as the "Hi" crowd) felt compelled to have real-life personal beef with you.

Fast forward to now and very little seems to have changed; so my advice is this:  Please permanently leave this website and find a different/healthier outlet for expressing your interest in sports and engaging with other fans.  Many of the largest influencers here do not have your best interests at heart (and that's putting it gently), and they never will.

I fully believe that anyone who devotes any substantial amount of attention/energy to an internet message board (and by the same token, mainstream social media) is fundamentally a loser.  Time and resources are finite, and youth/vigor/opportunity costs are tremendously precious.  The fact that there are many people here with tens of thousands of posts (translate those into conscious hours!) dropped into little more than an abyss of uselessness (95% of the time) or a vortex of hatred, division, and personal attacks (at worst) speaks immense volumes about their character as adults, parents, spouses, etc etc. 

There is a reason so many posters fit similar archetypes of ultra-high incomes and professional classes...they are the same people (especially the lawyers) who everyone else on the globe typically despises for the way they live their lives and treat others.  It is only natural that they translate their self-loathing into attempts to cope/compensate through sanctimony, condescension, frequently outright abuse towards others while safely protected behind their screens.

I aim to browse the board approx ~30 mins a week now to aggregate Astros news and pertinent insights relating to markets/finances.  Fortunately that's because I (finally) have other important, meaningful, real-world human priority shit to do which was never that case when I spent hours and hours a day here (and not coincidentally, was objectively a loser during those same life stages).

I don't know your whole story, but I perceive an enormous amount of victimhood from you during this most recent episode without appropriate regard for the greater context: This place will never be uplifting for you, it will never be a source of joy/pride/confidence/health whatever.  It is a fundamentally ugly place populated overwhelmingly by fundamentally ugly people. 

There are certainly useful things you can "learn" here (like the 'Help' board) just as you would browsing google/reddit for specific topics of interest; but actually engaging anyone here and expecting anything different than the exact-same toxic pattern over the past 10+ years for you is horribly misguided.  In the parlance of Tommy Boy, you are the woman in white gloves horribly upset by the mess made by ketchup popsicles that you insist on ordering over and over again.

Put this hellscape away.  Take control of your own life and your own recovery.  Bob, imaamac, motown, etc etc should not and cannot be the gatekeepers to your health, happiness, and well-being.  May God bless you, and I hope to see you reach your full potential somewhere that is worthwhile.

+rep, even from this lawyer. 

6 hours ago, Muny_Tex said:

Blake,

Oh the irony of you calling other posters sanctimonious and condescending. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Muny_Tex said:

I fully believe that anyone who devotes any substantial amount of attention/energy to an internet message board (and by the same token, mainstream social media) is fundamentally a loser.  

Counterpoint. At least those of us who spend a little time each week on a message board have developed the maturity, self awareness, and graciousness to not be a complete jerk in calling someone else a loser for how they decide to spend their time. 

Hornfans, Shaggy and Surly have contributed to me being much more knowledgeable politically. I am a better person in interacting with people of differing opinions because of message boards. I have had some of the best vacations of my life because of message boards. I have a few real life friends because of message boards. I relate to different generations better because of message boards.

I retired early because I was financially able to do so and have some spare time to learn, reflect, grow, and engage with others. A message board is one of many ways to do that. I try not to judge how others live. 

Maybe you don’t have life all figured out just yet. Maybe. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Counterpoint. At least those of us who spend a little time each week on a message board have developed the maturity, self awareness, and graciousness to not be a complete jerk in calling someone else a loser for how they decide to spend their time. 

Hornfans, Shaggy and Surly have contributed to me being much more knowledgeable politically. I am a better person in interacting with people of differing opinions because of message boards. I have had some of the best vacations of my life because of message boards. I have a few real life friends because of message boards. I relate to different generations better because of message boards.

I retired early because I was financially able to do so and have some spare time to learn, reflect, grow, and engage with others. A message board is one of many ways to do that. I try not to judge how others live. 

Maybe you don’t have life all figured out just yet. Maybe. 

Hell, I bought my house through a realtor I met on surly! Shout out to @UTPhil2006 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Muny_Tex said:

I aim to browse the board approx ~30 mins a week now to aggregate Astros news and pertinent insights relating to markets/finances. 

Translation: "I'm on IPIHB for hours and hours on end"

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Pancho said:

Derka, you should have put Motown on ignore. Don’t worry about what he personally says about you. People are going to personally talk about you for the rest of your life. You can’t help that and why should you care? Not only that, the rest of us in the basketball forum will take care of it if Motown gets out of control and keeps being an ass. We’ve done it before. 

Motown—you also are at fault here. You had every chance to put Derka on ignore as well and you didn’t do it. You could have been the bigger person and stopped it altogether but you kept egging him and the situation on, which says a lot about the maturity level. 

If you permaban Derka, you must also permaban Motown as he is the other 50% of this problem. 

I put him on ignore as requested. You’re right I should have earlier. I didn’t realize I could still see the threads he starts if I had him on ignore. My apologies for not doing it earlier.

Literally all Derka has to do is click one button to be able to stay.

This is all a very silly waste of everyone’s time. I wrote a long post about it earlier that didn’t post.

The short of it is I have been actively trying not to aggravate Derka. My apologies to him for being rude in the past. My apologies to everyone for not putting him on ignore earlier. My apologies to immamac and blacklabs for wasting their time with this silliness. 

I wish Derka well, am truly not trying to antagonize him, and have now put him on ignore for the rest of time. 

Edited by MotownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

24 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

I put him on ignore as requested. You’re right I should have earlier. I didn’t realize I could still see the threads he starts if I had him on ignore. My apologies for not doing it earlier.

Literally all Derka has to do is click one button to be able to stay.

This is all a very silly waste of everyone’s time. I wrote a long post about it earlier that didn’t post.

The short of it is I have been actively trying not to aggravate Derka. My apologies to him for being rude in the past. My apologies to everyone for not putting him on ignore earlier. My apologies to immamac and blacklabs for wasting their time with this silliness. 

I wish Derka well, am truly not trying to antagonize him, and have now put him on ignore for the rest of time. 

IMG_0029.gif

“Heed my call” said the Hairy Man “Denizens of Central Texas. Before the eighth day of the fourth month in the year of 2024 prepare thyself. Gather all the meats that may be grilled or smoked, amass all the spirits that you are able, for the invaders are coming.

They will descend upon you like locusts, filling your favorite restaurants and bars and making your roads shitty.

They come to see the darkness, to frolic in their frivolity. And be warned the darkness will come.

But hold fast my flock. At the stroke of midnight on that day I will remove the shadow and all its operatives. Whether it be 1.0, 2.0 and so forth. Never more to darken these haunts. I shall rip him away, root and all, from these shores. Freeing my children from the clutches of contrarian basketball opinions forever.”

-Thus the aggy spoke-

• Haha 4

12 hours ago, Muny_Tex said:

Blake,

talking spongebob squarepants GIF

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

What I don't understand is why Derka didn't just do what was asked and put the guy on ignore.  I mean, come the fuck on.  

imagine that your direct supervisor at your job tells you that you and one of your coworkers are going to be competing for a promotion, and that the winner of said promotion would be whoever made the most sales. 

you continue to come into work every single day with your head down, consistently doing your job and making sales. meanwhile, your coworker has stopped coming into work altogether, other than to take his morning dump and steal the newspaper on his way back out the door. your direct supervisor is now repeatedly reprimanding your coworker for this frankly unbelievable behavior while you continue to do your job every day making sales.

they day of the promotion comes, you are excited to receive the promotion, when suddenly, your boss’s boss- a man who has gone out of his way to be a total POS to you on multiple occasions, a man who wears his personal hatred of you with pride- shows up and says, “your coworker is getting the promotion, and i have some new rules for you to follow, and if you don’t follow these new rules you’re fired.” are you seriously trying to tell me that you would just take all of this stride, shrug your shoulders, and accept it as if it was just some totally reasonable and simple request? i don’t think so. not even a little bit.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Muny_Tex said:

Blake,

This is the only place on the internet to get financial advice and Houston Astros news, huh?

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Pancho said:

Derka, you should have put Motown on ignore.

when? when immamac said to do it? two seconds after he undid the months of work that bob and i had put in, and at the very moment when motown was supposed to be IP banned? what good would that have even done?

motown should have put me on ignore when bob asked him to. that’s what should have happened. and motown should be IP banned right now. again, i was actively working with bob on this situation and doing what he asked of me. i did what i was supposed to do, for months. you can’t come in here now after the fact and tell me that i should have done something different.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

imagine that your direct supervisor at your job tells you that you and one of your coworkers are going to be competing for a promotion, and that the winner of said promotion would be whoever made the most sales. 

you continue to come into work every single day with your head down, consistently doing your job and making sales. meanwhile, your coworker has stopped coming into work altogether, other than to take his morning dump and steal the newspaper on his way back out the door. your direct supervisor is now repeatedly reprimanding your coworker for this frankly unbelievable behavior while you continue to do your job every day making sales.

they day of the promotion comes, you are excited to receive the promotion, when suddenly, your boss’s boss- a man who has gone out of his way to be a total POS to you on multiple occasions, a man who wears his personal hatred of you with pride- shows up and says, “your coworker is getting the promotion, and i have some new rules for you to follow, and if you don’t follow these new rules you’re fired.” are you seriously trying to tell me that you would just take all of this stride, shrug your shoulders, and accept it as if it was just some totally reasonable and simple request? i don’t think so. not even a little bit.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by Judge Roybeanbag
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks to Bob for hearing Derka out and trying to negotiate peace. 

I don’t at all envy the burdens that come with being a moderator to be sure, but this playing out over Final 4 weekend feels like a particularly personal stick in the eye. Imma is capable of petty, mean shit just like the rest of us assholes, clearly. 

Here’s to hoping cooler heads prevail.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Drool 1

Derka, my question is a simple one:

Why do you fucking care what other people think?  I get that young people care more what other people think than older people. Now that I’m a senior citizen, I have a healthy dose if I don’t give a fuck when I run across people who want to judge me.

That is why you’ll see senior citizens wearing stripes and plaids at the same time.    Not cool you say? They don’t give a shit about what you think is cool - they think these two items are clean and I’m gonna wear them. Fuck you.  

I am not saying that a certain amount of self-awareness is not valuable or necessary.  The old expression when you meet an asshole in the morning that’s an asshole, when you meet assholes throughout your day you are the asshole comes to mind.    We should all at least remain open to how people view us - because we all want to better ourselves and not treat others poorly.

But ultimately, who cares what other people think in general?  I’m obviously a person with voting interests that are more liberal Democrat. I have huge amounts of friends and former family who are deep Maga people. If one of them told me I was wrong I would not care. After all, it’s taken decades and decades for me to develop my core of beliefs.

I am a fanatic gator sports fan. If I lived in Georgia, I would not give two shits if all of my neighbors were bulldogs and hated my gator flag.  The defense is simply to ignore people.  Think about it  - a huge amount of your butt hurt is that there is a disagreement about whether you or they are the cause of your meltdowns    Why in the world is someone’s incorrect opinion that you are the cause of this so important to you? Had you blown it all off you’d still be posting without this drama.

The bottom line is you seem to be incapable of stepping back and not going full Durka when you get angry. Ultimately, it is up to you to always give a response that is proportional to the problem.   Telling the site owner to go fuck himself is not really a great strategy.   And the only reason you did that is because you simply cannot control yourself when you get angry. When you get angry is when you display all of the things that get you in trouble and that people hate about your presence here.

And I get that you cannot stop doing what you do. So it seems that it would be in your best interests simply to avoid the place. If you won’t avoid the place, then you need a thicker skin.  My post acknowledges the fact that people pick on you and go after you. You intentionally selected the one board in the country were snarky insults and shenanigans (within reason) are not only our condoned, but make up part of Surly culture.  That is not gonna change. Assholes are still going to egg you on  to get you spun up.  Your response to all that is to get upset.  

I wish you nothing but the best, but if you won’t put all your enemies on ignore and can’t refrain from responding when you see other people quote theirs posts about you, then this will happen until infinity…or you get banned.  

I hope everything works out for the best for you, but I’m not sure if you can correct the problem here - no matter how many times you post about your problems.  Only you can decide not to care about others peoples opinions, and you are incapable of not caring about other peoples opinions deeply. 

If you are going to hang around, try to be more like South Austin.

• Hook 'Em 6

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

How does this undo the months of work that you put in? Unless that work was specifically set up with agenda of "How do we get motownhorn banned" (and I suspect it wasn't), then the work is about how do you respond to him.

have you not read the thread? bob and i did not set out to get motown banned, motown did that to himself. bob told both of us to ignore the other one or be banned. period. simple. while i did not put motown on my ignore list, i did ignore him, as i had already been doing for the last year+. here’s what motown did:

•immediately came after me and got banned for 48 hours

•came back from his ban and immediately came back after me, getting him a five day ban

•he came back from his five day ban and unbelievably went right back to talking unprovoked shit about me. this got him a 30 day ban from bob and he was told he’d be IP banned if he did it again.

•immamac then showed up out of nowhere and lifted the ban without ever talking to bob. then motown- wait for it -came after me again!!! bob was in disbelief, and was set to IP ban him, and that’s when immamac undid everything we had been doing, undid all of motown’s punishments, and told me to put motown on my ignore list (again…WHY???), or i will be banned.

what about this is even remotely difficult to understand?

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

If you are going to hang around, try to be more like South Austin.

South Austin is the chillest of the chill and in this case would be a Platonic Ideal to Derka's reactionary behavior.

It would probably be a good idea for him to study South Austin's behavior and then ask What Would South Austin Do in this situation?

#WWSAD

Edited by F250

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Derka, my question is a simple one:

Why do you fucking care what other people think?

do you have kids? if one of your kids kept going to school every day and getting picked on, bullied, and harassed by another kid who knew that your kid suffered from mental illness, would you flippantly ask your kid why he cares what other people think? would that be your solution?

this isn’t about what other people think, and frankly at this point you have to be pretty obtuse not to see that. this is about straight up online bullying a mentally ill person for sport. i’ve been putting up with his shit for over a year. i have put him on ignore multiple times and it has never worked because he has a gang of pals on the hoops board who quote all of his posts and who pile on, so i see everything he says anyways.

i asked this dude to leave me alone. i begged this dude to leave me alone. i literally never posted to/about him unprovoked, and he wouldn’t stop. threads kept getting derailed, people kept getting mad at me for it, and i kept saying, “jesus christ all i am doing i posting about hoops and this guy will not stop coming after me unprovoked.”

that’s when bob stepped in. that’s when bob told both of us to leave each other alone or get banned. that’s when motown repeatedly came after me, repeatedly earning himself bans. all the while, countless other posters still talk shit to/about me and you do not see me mentioning them or going to bob about them, do you? i don’t give a fuck what you think about me because i already know that the majority of people who actually post where i do and who aren’t antagonistic children actually like and appreciate me and my posts. other people not liking or appreciating me matters zero to me. this is not about that and never has been. at this point you either get that or you don’t. figure it out.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

are you seriously trying to tell me that you would just take all of this stride, shrug your shoulders, and accept it as if it was just some totally reasonable and simple request? i don’t think so. not even a little bit.

IF YOU WANT TO ACTUALLY KEEP YOUR JOB...then yes, unequivocally and unquestionably, you accept it.

IF YOU DON'T...well, you tell the company owner to go fuck himself and accept the consequences.

'reasonable and simple' have absolutely nothing to do with it. 

is it fair, is it just, is it right? is it hurtful, is it shitty, is it vindictive? completely irrelevant, all of it.

even the folks in this thread who like and support you and think you are correct in your position are telling you this, including mr. sanctimonious 'everybody here is such a loser except me of course' jackass ^up there.

i'm sorry, but that's literally how the world works. 

Edited by mchookem
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

This is the only place on the internet to get financial advice and Houston Astros news, huh?

Dunno about that but if he ever asks for free legal advice I’ll be all over his ass. Talk about a reason to hate lawyers I’ll give him one.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

do you have kids? if one of your kids kept going to school every day and getting picked on, bullied, and harassed by another kid who knew that your kid suffered from mental illness, would you flippantly ask your kid why he cares what other people think? would that be your solution?

this isn’t about what other people think, and frankly at this point you have to be pretty obtuse not to see that. this is about straight up online bullying a mentally ill person for sport. i’ve been putting up with his shit for over a year. i have put him on ignore multiple times and it has never worked because he has a gang of pals on the hoops board who quote all of his posts and who pile on, so i see everything he says anyways.

i asked this dude to leave me alone. i begged this dude to leave me alone. i literally never posted to/about him unprovoked, and he wouldn’t stop. threads kept getting derailed, people kept getting mad at me for it, and i kept saying, “jesus christ all i am doing i posting about hoops and this guy will not stop coming after me unprovoked.”

that’s when bob stepped in. that’s when bob told both of us to leave each other alone or get banned. that’s when motown repeatedly came after me, repeatedly earning himself bans. all the while, countless other posters still talk shit to/about me and you do not see me mentioning them or going to bob about them, do you? i don’t give a fuck what you think about me because i already know that the majority of people who actually post where i do and who aren’t antagonistic children actually like and appreciate me and my posts. other people not liking or appreciating me matters zero to me. this is not about that and never has been. at this point you either get that or you don’t. figure it out.

Or perhaps, someone whose best analogy to himself is that of a kid with mental problems would be better served by not being on an adult snarky culture board of largely non-mentally ill people. 

Just a thought.    I once knew a young woman who was banging about every guy in our social group. She went to my law partner who was in that group complaining of her lack of serious suiters.  My partner told her as long as she was screwing everyone  in sight and was deemed a cum dumpster she would not get a lot of marriage proposals.  

The young lady replied that it was unfair that men get rewarded for that behavior, but women get demonized. My law partner said she agreed with that 100% - but unless she knew how to snap her fingers and change the world, it wouldn’t help her with her problem, and maybe she should move to a different city and get a new start with a new reputation, as this was a small town of sorts and she was viewed that way, fair or not. 

That young woman still lives in town 30 years later and has never been married.  Like her, you can choose between “fair” and changing the world, or changing your behavior, despite the unfairness…so that you can ultimately have a better personal world and get the happiness that you deserve.  

While I 100% agree with you Durka, that is not really the point . Kids have very little ability to pick where they go to school and who their peers are.   You can move to any board you want. Good luck staying or going. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

So if I'm understanding things correctly, Derka thought he'd successfully launched a plan to get someone he didn't like banned, and then when his plan backfired on him he started a thread to tell the site owner to go fuck himself, which then backfired on him.

Solid fucking plan. 

• Hook 'Em 2