Ted Cruz is a piece of shit

Well we have to send them to Martha's vineyard to keep them from tampering with our electronic voting machines.  JFC-every goddamn time I think we can't get any fucking dumber or meaner as a country....   With all due historical respect to victims of WWII internment camps in the U.S.; ........we're just getting started on our stupidity.  

1 minute ago, HenryJames said:

What the fuck was Hannity's point with that first question? I really don't get what he was building up to. Ted just wants to call Biden a trafficker because the media cycle says DeSaints and Greg are kidnappers (which is true) but why would Hannity call attention to the hypocrisy? 

2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

That's actually not what happened here.  All the folks DeSantis transported had legal status as asylum seekers.  Trafficking illegals isn't the crime here.  Plain old kidnapping by deception is, and it should be a slam-dunk case.  If you lie to trick someone into a vehicle which you then use to transport them 1.000 miles, as a matter of law you kidnapped them.  DeSantis should die in prison.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

That's actually not what happened here.  All the folks DeSantis transported had legal status as asylum seekers.  Trafficking illegals isn't the crime here.  Plain old kidnapping by deception is, and it should be a slam-dunk case.  If you lie to trick someone into a vehicle which you then use to transport them 1.000 miles, as a matter of law you kidnapped them.  DeSantis should die in prison.

I won't even nitpick about venue. Let's just hope it's soon

On 9/12/2022 at 10:21 AM, FirstTimeCaller said:

If there isn't a 30 second political ad with just these images and some doomsday voiceover of "Ted Cruz: The Flip Flopper of Texas... or is it Texas A&M?"... then where are we at in society?

Hey Ted, next time don't forget your Princeton colors:

Actions of Sen. Ted Cruz at Capitol denounced by Princeton University  classmates in joint statement ⋆ Princeton, NJ local news %

As someone who lives in Princeton, I will tell you that Ted is at the "P-rade," the annual alumni parade.  Every class as a different get-up for that.

Spoiler

Sterenfeld-20190601-PRade-0066.jpg?itok=

princeton-university-alumni-dressed-in-o

1 hour ago, Bullneck said:

As someone who lives in Princeton, I will tell you that Ted is at the "P-rade," the annual alumni parade.  Every class as a different get-up for that.

Reveal hidden contents

Sterenfeld-20190601-PRade-0066.jpg?itok=

princeton-university-alumni-dressed-in-o

what's the penalty for throwing eggs at a senator?  asking for a friend

• Haha 1

Ted would love for DeSantis and Abbott to get in legal trouble for their immigration shenanigans. Along with Trumps legal woes, it might clear the field for Cruz to be the GOP favorite for the 2024 presidential nomination. That is why he was all supportive of it (pander to his base), but willing to say it was illegal on Hannity.  The knives are starting to come out in the GOP since Trump is looking weak and the nomination might be up for grabs. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I don't how to post from twitter, but with all this news swirling around Trump, DeSantis, and now possibly a precedent for Abbott to face criminal investigation for same/same........Cruz tweeted out a helpful lesson in human physiology after the Vegan Meat COO bit the guy's nose in Arkansas.  Search for it, it's a new low even for Ted.

1 hour ago, kevwun said:

This is a common tactic among Republicans.  They vote against something and then later take credit for it when it becomes popular.

Because their base are fucking idiots who do not have the mental capacity to see through the bullshit. There's a reason these fucksticks stay in Congress.  Republican voters are fucking idiots.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 6

5 hours ago, kevwun said:

This is a common tactic among Republicans.  They vote against something and then later take credit for it when it becomes popular.

That’s Because dems don’t call them out on it and make ads against them to show what they did. The dems should be running ads to show how rs don’t vote for important construction jobs in battleground states like Wisconsin to highlight how it impacts the state and amount of revenue it would bring in.

the dems rarely have ads to highlight accomplishments and let rs take the credit

Make an ad, “Johnson voted against the appropriation bill that would have brought 30,000 Condtruction jobs to Wisconsin, vote him out for not supporting the local economy”

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I like her but Michelle Obama was the opposite of spot-on when she said that Dems go high when the gop goes low. That sentiment expects the other side to tell the truth. Sometimes you have to get into the mud.

That mentality got us in this mess right now, dems need to get dirty vs the dumb mentality to taking the high road 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gengs1 said:

That’s Because dems don’t call them out on it and make ads against them to show what they did. The dems should be running ads to show how rs don’t vote for important construction jobs in battleground states like Wisconsin to highlight how it impacts the state and amount of revenue it would bring in.

the dems rarely have ads to highlight accomplishments and let rs take the credit

Make an ad, “Johnson voted against the appropriation bill that would have brought 30,000 Condtruction jobs to Wisconsin, vote him out for not supporting the local economy”

So much this.  Dems are flat out wimps and constantly bring balloons to gun fights. 

Similarly, Abbott has recently championed how he brought money to Texas for infrastructure but he conveniently fails to mention that most in the GOP fought the bill in Congress. Abbott doesn't even inform the viewer how this is all federal money. It wouldn't surprise me if there is a statement somewhere from Abbott whining about the bill before it was passed. 

Beto should be peppering the airwaves that Abbott and the GOP didn't want these programs. It also wouldn't hurt if Beto equated Abbott with Cruz. Many Cruz haters like Abbott. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Beto should be peppering the airwaves that Abbott and the GOP didn't want these programs. It also wouldn't hurt if Beto equated Abbott with Cruz. Many Cruz haters like Abbott. 

Beto should be more direct, and simply accuse Ted Cruz of lying.  Now, it's true Cruz has long supported the I-27 expansion, but it's also true he eventually voted against the appropriations bill thru which that expansion was funded.  Typical "can't vote for the pork" political angle.

Can a law dog please explain to me how  legislation that bans blatantly lying about/misrepresenting your voting record is a bad idea? Yes yes, First Amendment and all of that, but that isn't absolute and honesty from Congressional members should be demanded by law imo. I can't go around lying to my patients about medical information. Why should they get to lie about what they do? 

Edited by trauma babe

2 hours ago, trauma babe said:

Can a law dog please explain to me how  legislation that bans blatantly lying about/misrepresenting your voting record is a bad idea? Yes yes, First Amendment and all of that, but that isn't absolute and honesty from Congressional members should be demanded by law imo. I can't go around lying to my patients about medical information. Why should they get to lie about what they do? 

Think about what you are asking here:  you expect liars to pass legislation making it a crime to lie?

• Like 2

I like her but Michelle Obama was the opposite of spot-on when she said that Dems go high when the gop goes low. That sentiment expects the other side to tell the truth. Sometimes you have to get into the mud.
It also expects people to side with the truth when given the option of obvious truth and obvious lie.