Ted Cruz is a piece of shit

7 hours ago, Poe It Up said:

I’m a Desantis guy. Trump’s policies I agreed with, but I found his personality grating. Cruz lost me when he left for Cancun and I was sitting in a 45 degree house. He’s an asshole. 

Interesting that only when it affects you you care. I thought you were rich;

don’t you have a generator?

2 hours ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

JAGs like Rafaelito writing books is one of the most loathsome bipartisan tactics around. How much time does he waste between this and his podcast with knockoff Lin-Manuel Miranda?

He literally does ZERO "work" as an elected official, aside from occasionally showing up for votes.  Seems to be status quo for the Rs these days though.

• Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

He post insane shit for interaction. More interaction equals more power. By engaging him, he’s winning. 

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

How is it a troll? Half our country currently wants fascism. How is it a surprise that one of them made it to surly cloak room?

Fascism thrives on open conflict. Escalation of rhetoric leads to escalation of policy leads to escalation of violence in the streets. Cruz is stirring the pot, and when everyone turns up the heat it cooks just a little faster. 

Best thing would be for everyone to stop engaging with cruz. He'd lose what gives him power

• Hook 'Em 2

20 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

Rhetorically, he uses the same scam as @Poe It Up; he accuses other folks of lying but offers no proof. I have no idea if Poe is Cruz, but they are both unpersuasive. And both suck Trump’s ass.

This is actually an interesting premise.  Cruz seems just vapid, douchy, and stupid enough to think he could post here and win supporters.  

1 hour ago, Satchel said:

Here’s a snapshot of Rafael’s recent voting record. It should be apparent to even the casual observer just how much he does for the citizens of Texas:

https://heritageaction.com/scorecard/members/C001098

He's voted 10 times in 3 years?  I know the Senate is deadlocked at all that but he didn't even vote against Daylight Savings Time or anything?

1 hour ago, Bullneck said:

He's voted 10 times in 3 years?  I know the Senate is deadlocked at all that but he didn't even vote against Daylight Savings Time or anything?

Looks to me like they just picked certain votes to show how he votes the way Heritage tells him to. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Stringer said:

I had classes with Lance Gooden when at UT. Always liked him, was a good dude. Hate to see where he has taken his career.

Also, what is Mattress Mac doing there?

You mean MAGA Mac?

1 hour ago, Stringer said:

I had classes with Lance Gooden when at UT. Always liked him, was a good dude. Hate to see where he has taken his career.

Also, what is Mattress Mac doing there?

In December 2020, Gooden was one of 126 Republican members of the House of Representatives to sign an amicus brief in support of Texas v. Pennsylvania, a lawsuit filed at the United States Supreme Court contesting the results of the 2020 presidential election, in which Joe Biden defeated[14] incumbent Donald Trump. The Supreme Court declined to hear the case on the basis that Texas lacked standing under Article III of the Constitution to challenge the results of an election held by another state.[

he's traitor that should meet the end typically associated with traitors. also a true piece of shit ....

On March 3, 2021, Gooden was the only House Republican to vote for the George Floyd Justice in Policing Act, which passed 220–212. Later that evening, he tweeted that he voted for the bill "accidentally", claiming he pushed the wrong button, a mistake he failed to notice in time.[21] Gooden then tweeted that he had "arguably the most conservative/America First voting record in Congress", and "Of course I wouldn't support the radical left's, Anti-Police Act". According to Gooden, he had the official record changed to reflect his opposition.

Edited by tx 3 putt

I'm told the Good Liars are deciding whether or not to attend the Texas Youth Summit or the Texas Tribune Festival.  The TYS would make for funnier content, but then---laughing at stupid kids gets old real quick.  TribFest, just a week later, not only provides MAGA speakers to fuck with but also protestors outside the talks given by several prominent Democrats.  Apparently these guys actually take a lot of time to do their prep so they can only do one, unless we just invite them to both and start another Wreath account to house/feed them in between events?  Maybe invite 'em to campus?