The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, faps said:

I see this sticker on pick up trucks pretty often in the Houston area. It's usually a clapped out blue collar truck, but occasionally it's a nice F250. I have to admit, it does trigger me a bit #snowflake. I feel the same way with them for voting for Trump but I am not a fucking moron enough to put a sticker on my vehicle.

61Rty2bbH8L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

and yet this person probably can't name one thing Biden has done that they actually disagree with. idiots, the lot of them

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

and yet this person probably can't name one thing Biden has done that they actually disagree with. idiots, the lot of them

There's a temptation when dealing with people like this, to tell them "fuck yeah, because he's a winner, unlike that loser Trump who couldn't prevent the election from being stolen even though he knew the election was going to be stolen since June of 2020. Trump is such a loser he couldn't stop it, even though he had 5 months to try. I'll hang with winners like Dark Brandon rather than incompetent losers like Trump. As they say in NASCAR, if you ain't cheatin', you ain't winnin'!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Far-right North Carolina Lt. Gov. Mark Robinson, the Republican frontrunner for to become the state's governor, has far more extreme conspiracy theory beliefs than were previously known, the Huffington Post revealed this week.

According to the report, Robinson has pushed a number of bizarre theories on Facebook, including that the music industry is controlled by Satan. He claimed that Beyoncé's songs sound like "Satanic chants" and that, "Her songs sound like they say stuff like 'satan laughs as you rot in hell' if play them backwards. SUPER WEIRD!!!!!"

More from HuffPo

Steven Greene, a political science professor at North Carolina State University in Raleigh, said Robinson simply “represents the culture war id of the Republican Party.”

“He is the Republican Party writ large,” Greene said. “One of the major themes of Trump’s campaign could be considered a conspiracy theory, which is that the 2020 presidential election was stolen. Republican primary voters have shown they are very, very willing to, shall we say, be comfortable with their political leaders holding conspiracy views.”

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/republican-mark-robinson-conspiracy-theorist-north-carolina-governor-race_n_64df8cabe4b0ce7f01203a6b

Edited by cactusflinthead
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, cactusflinthead said:

Far-right North Carolina Lt. Gov. Mark Robinson, the Republican frontrunner for to become the state's governor, has far more extreme conspiracy theory beliefs than were previously known, the Huffington Post revealed this week.

He's obviously got some mental health issues, but it'd help if a lot more people around him would challenge him on the stupid shit.

When people claim the moon landings were faked, point out that the Soviet Union tracked the landing, congratulated the United States on it, and even hosted Neil Armstrong on a tour afterward. If they pull the "I haven't researched it" bullshit, ask them what research they can do to prove whether we landed or not, ask them if they are going to fly to the moon to prove it wrong, because otherwise there is no research they can personally do to prove it one way or another.

Everybody treads lightly around these nuts, and that just reinforces their beliefs, because nobody directly around them challenges them all that hard.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

4 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

According to the report, Robinson has pushed a number of bizarre theories on Facebook, including that the music industry is controlled by Satan. He claimed that Beyoncé's songs sound like "Satanic chants" and that, "Her songs sound like they say stuff like 'satan laughs as you rot in hell' if play them backwards. SUPER WEIRD!!!!!"

More from HuffPo

Steven Greene, a political science professor at North Carolina State University in Raleigh, said Robinson simply “represents the culture war id of the Republican Party.”

“He is the Republican Party writ large,” Greene said. “One of the major themes of Trump’s campaign could be considered a conspiracy theory, which is that the 2020 presidential election was stolen. Republican primary voters have shown they are very, very willing to, shall we say, be comfortable with their political leaders holding conspiracy views.”

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/republican-mark-robinson-conspiracy-theorist-north-carolina-governor-race_n_64df8cabe4b0ce7f01203a6b

"Look look look... see this ad for Jameson in Sports Illustrated... if you look carefully the ice has images of demons.  Look.  Can you see it?  Right there... squint... "

17 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I should send this to the in laws that just watched Sound of Freedom, just to get their reaction.

The replies on that tweet are some of the scariest shit I’ve ever read on the Internet.  It’s depressing as fuck to know there’s that many people out there that believe shit like that and who are aggressively against things like sourcing information.  Fuck me running.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, Snake Diggity said:

The replies on that tweet are some of the scariest shit I’ve ever read on the Internet.  It’s depressing as fuck to know there’s that many people out there that believe shit like that and who are aggressively against things like sourcing information.  Fuck me running.

yeah, granted twitter is more like an echo chamber, but the fact that most of the replies were not calling that account an effing idiot and were in fact nodding their heads is pretty pretty scary.

2 hours ago, Snake Diggity said:

half or more of those 'people' are bots or trolls. still, there are way too many people who believe completely terrifying shit.

• Hook 'Em 1

I'm watching "All In" with Chris Murphy and a couple of panelists are saying most of the idiot R votes actually think the 2020 election was stolen but he'll win this time because Biden is senile.  

So, it's almost a given they will nominate him because they are convinced -- despite the well known "headwinds" -- he'll win.

Try that in a small town?

The right is now pissed at the Rich Men of Richmond or whatever the fuck was their new anthem - they are fucking pissed at Oliver Anthony for saying we've gotta embrace diversity.

“We’ve gotta go back to the roots of what made this country great in the first place, which is our sense of community. I mean, we are the melting pot of the world and that’s what makes us strong, is our diversity, and we need to learn to harness that and appreciate it, and not use it as a political tool to keep everyone separate from each other you know?”

Season 7 Oops GIF by Workaholics

• Haha 6

Eh, I don’t really get the outrage over the song.  It’s a poor working man’s blues lament as far as I can tell.  I certainly wouldn’t lump it into the same category as Aldean’s song which just wants to exploit hate and division.

Some of the lyrics are peculiar and misguided, though.

I wish politicians would look out for miners / And not just minors on an island somewhere

He is certainly not trying to appeal to adrenochtome kid trafficking truthers. 

Young men are puttin' themselves six feet in the ground / 'Cause all this damn country does is keep on kickin' them down.

Ok, I can understand that sentiment.  I know a lot of rural blue collar types who accurately feel like they are working harder for relatively less.  But he preceded it with this inaccurate targeting:

Lord, we got folks in the street, ain't got nothin' to eat / And the obese milkin' welfare /  Well, God, if you're 5-foot-3 and you're 300 pounds / Taxes ought not to pay for your bags of fudge rounds

Is the struggling blue collar worker really being  held back by fat diabetics on disability?  They didn’t cause urban migration.  They didn’t make the strategic decision to automate away jobs or move them over seas.  Further, are hurting blue collar workers going to be any happier with their lives if we took the fat diabetic off disability and gave that money to a skinny homeless person with a will work for food sign?

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

On 8/17/2023 at 10:35 PM, DixonHur said:

I think this just about sums up the modern GQP party.   Remember this lady?

She's now running to be a US Senator from the great state of Florida.

Following her 2012 arrest and viral moment, Krentcil sought counseling for her tanning addiction on a docuseries called 10 to Tan

On 8/18/2023 at 11:34 AM, safe sex said:

She says she's going to run as a Republican with a pro-LGBTQ platform. Good luck with that

Hilariously, if you read the article, she sounds sane. She has zero shot. 

On 8/22/2023 at 2:08 PM, Snake Diggity said:

Yeah, I had the exact same reaction, but you posted it first. 

15 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Try that in a small town?

The right is now pissed at the Rich Men of Richmond or whatever the fuck was their new anthem - they are fucking pissed at Oliver Anthony for saying we've gotta embrace diversity.

Season 7 Oops GIF by Workaholics

Funny, this popped up on an American station last week or the week before, and listening to the lyrics, I thought it was a fucking republican take down. I mean, how does anyone here think that Rich Men, North of Richmond, actually vote?

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Eh, I don’t really get the outrage over the song.  It’s a poor working man’s blues lament as far as I can tell.  I certainly wouldn’t lump it into the same category as Aldean’s song which just wants to exploit hate and division.

Some of the lyrics are peculiar and misguided, though.

I wish politicians would look out for miners / And not just minors on an island somewhere

He is certainly not trying to appeal to adrenochtome kid trafficking truthers. 

Young men are puttin' themselves six feet in the ground / 'Cause all this damn country does is keep on kickin' them down.

Ok, I can understand that sentiment.  I know a lot of rural blue collar types who accurately feel like they are working harder for relatively less.  But he preceded it with this inaccurate targeting:

Lord, we got folks in the street, ain't got nothin' to eat / And the obese milkin' welfare /  Well, God, if you're 5-foot-3 and you're 300 pounds / Taxes ought not to pay for your bags of fudge rounds

Is the struggling blue collar worker really being  held back by fat diabetics on disability?  They didn’t cause urban migration.  They didn’t make the strategic decision to automate away jobs or move them over seas.  Further, are hurting blue collar workers going to be any happier with their lives if we took the fat diabetic off disability and gave that money to a skinny homeless person with a will work for food sign?

You sure about that?

Titled "Videos That Make Your Noggin Bigger," it contains 49 videos with topics ranging from music videos to psychology, many from the academic and influencer Jordan Peterson, and commentary on the "decline of society."

Among them are also videos of news reports and discussions about events surrounding the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks on New York City and Washington, D.C., which appear to suggest Israel was involved in or had prior knowledge of the attacks. Campaign groups say such narratives contribute to antisemitic tropes.

Dude has a whole YouTube channel full of conspiracy theory and Jordan Peterson videos. 

57 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

You sure about that?

Dude has a whole YouTube channel full of conspiracy theory and Jordan Peterson videos. 

Eh, I dunno.  Maybe he's a gateway drug to other conspiracy theories.  But these specific lyrics do not seem to line up with the kid-trafficing adrenochrome conspiracy messaging of say Jim Caviezel and Tim Ballard:

Anyway, I don't really see anything offensive in any of the lyrics of this particular song.  It doesn't resonate with me, and I think some of it is kind of silly as noted in my previous post, but I am not sure why anyone is taking a culture war stand over it.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/08/25/cpac-vice-chair-resigns-amid-turmoil-00113078

The vice chair of the Conservative Political Action Coalition has resigned from his longtime position on the organization’s board and is calling for investigations into the group’s top leader and its financial practices, among other issues.

Charlie Gerow, an attorney and communications executive who has served on the board of CPAC and its parent organization, the American Conservative Union, for nearly two decades, submitted his letter of resignation on Friday. “The situation at CPAC has become such that I felt compelled to resign,” Gerow said when reached afterward.

Gerow’s resignation follows months of turbulence at the prominent conservative organization, where Chair Matt Schlapp earlier this year was sued by a former Herschel Walker Senate campaign staffer over allegations of sexual assault. Board member and treasurer Bob Beauprez resigned from his position in May, citing concerns over the organization’s financial reports, while Randy Neugebauer and Mike Rose also stepped down from the board earlier this year.

Just last week another board member, Timothy Ryan, also resigned, according to a person with knowledge of the organization’s operations. Ryan’s resignation has not previously been reported. The series of departures by longtime board members — as well as high staff turnover within the organization in the last year — have not prompted any meaningful changes at CPAC, Gerow said.

With his departure, Gerow is calling on the board to authorize an independent investigation into sexual battery allegations made against Matt Schlapp, as well as an independent forensic audit of the organization’s finances, he said in a statement to POLITICO.

Gerow also urged the board to obtain a written lawyer’s opinion that the organization is fully complying with its own bylaws as well as D.C. statutes concerning nonprofits. And he suggested that the CPAC board conduct a thorough review “all the exit interviews of the large number of staff who have recently left.”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1