Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

Yikes, that was from June of this year.  It made not a dent.  

I am working on the assumption that the "rule of law" party will accept this astounding new information and change their ways.

obviously we're kidding around, but most of the pubs are noticeably silent on this.

there are the 3-4 normal hatchet men going on the talk shows, but where are the congressmen and senators?  eerily quiet.

and when they do go on the record, they talk about the dems moving too quickly on impeachment.  none are defending trump's actions.  they have to be hating this.

25 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

obviously we're kidding around, but most of the pubs are noticeably silent on this.

there are the 3-4 normal hatchet men going on the talk shows, but where are the congressmen and senators?  eerily quiet.

and when they do go on the record, they talk about the dems moving too quickly on impeachment.  none are defending trump's actions.  they have to be hating this.

Like I said, Trump is acting like they don’t 100% have his back.  This is the most scared he’s ever been, and Schiff is taking flak because he’s directly over the target.  Trump has some kind of self-awareness - he knows he can’t deny asking Ukraine for a favor, so now he’s publicly proclaiming that it’s okay to ask China and Ukraine to investigate, and is trying his best to normalize it.  

28 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

4D chess 

this is definitely out of their playbook.

grisham got called out a couple months ago when she tweeted, "the major press outlets didn't even bother to cover [insert pro-trump story here]" knowing that they actually did print something (but secretly hoping those outlets would respond with, "of course we did, see link here" (thus giving some "underappreciated" pro-trump stories some type of bump).

it's like a 1996 pr strategy.

#MoscowMitch has been tiptoeing around the fringes but he did release a statement since he is in a battle back in Kentucky (he must have looked at his numbers because on 9/20 he had funds released for the Blackjewel miners). Otherwise, tough luck suckers!

Here was his statement on Impeachment in case anyone missed it:

“Washington Democrats have been searching for ways to reverse their 2016 election defeat since before President Trump was even inaugurated.

“The result has been a two-and-a-half-year impeachment parade in search of a rationale. When investigations by Special Counsel Mueller and the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence deflated their breathless accusations of a campaign conspiracy with Russia, Democrats have simply shifted to new arguments for their predetermined conclusion.

“Speaker Pelosi’s much-publicized efforts to restrain her far-left conference have finally crumbled. House Democrats cannot help themselves. Instead of working together across party lines on legislation to help American families and strengthen our nation, they will descend even deeper into their obsession with relitigating 2016.

“This rush to judgment comes just a few hours after President Trump offered to release the details of his phone conversation with President Zelensky. It comes despite the fact that committee-level proceedings are already underway to address the whistleblower allegation through a fair, bipartisan, and regular process.

“It simply confirms that House Democrats’ priority is not making life better for the American people but their nearly three-year-old fixation on impeachment.”

10 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Like I said, Trump is acting like they don’t 100% have his back.  This is the most scared he’s ever been, and Schiff is taking flak because he’s directly over the target.  Trump has some kind of self-awareness - he knows he can’t deny asking Ukraine for a favor, so now he’s publicly proclaiming that it’s okay to ask China and Ukraine to investigate, and is trying his best to normalize it.  

Yeah, this is right. If this goes by without consequences where is the line? Why not just cancel the 2016 election? 

1 hour ago, kevwun said:

This might make my brain explode.  The President wants other foreign governments to investigate the child of a political rival for shady deals outside the US while his own children make money from shady deals in foreign countries.

This is how grifters work. They point over there with one hand while stealing cookies from the jar with the other. 

Seems strange conservative members of Congress aren't lashing out at the prospect of our democracy taking an unprecedented shift to foreign influence and the massive new expansion of unchecked executive power.

Also haven't heard Trump say the phrase "soft on crime" in awhile. Hmm.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

This whole thing about Hunter having no knowledge of energy. That falsehood needs to be addressed by Biden/dems/press.  Also the "millions" or was it "billions" of dollars he earned. It takes a while, even at 50K a month to reach "millions".

2 hours ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

I thought from the very beginning that Bidens role in this election cycle is to take the arrows from Trump to shield the field. 

I honestly thought it would be Warren taking the arrows and Biden benefitting.

1 hour ago, horn4life said:

A couple days of Trump defending himself, and another weekend of truly and obviously pathetic talk show defenses will result in the GOP Senate support beginning to shift beneath the surface. 

Its only going to take one or two big time R senators to drop their support, giving cover to others to do the same. The whole leak in the dyke (insert mom joke here) undermining the dyke and resulting in a flood. The question is: Will there be a first two?

1 minute ago, High Plains Drifter said:

This whole thing about Hunter having no knowledge of energy. That falsehood needs to be addressed by Biden/dems/press.  Also the "millions" or was it "billions" of dollars he earned. It takes a while, even at 50K a month to reach "millions".

I honestly thought it would be Warren taking the arrows and Biden benefitting.

Its only going to take one or two big time R senators to drop their support, giving cover to others to do the same. The whole leak in the dyke (insert mom joke here) undermining the dyke and resulting in a flood. The question is: Will there be a first two?

Like some GOP source said - if McConnell flips (either Trump has outlived his usefulness or NRSC polling shows the majority is in serious danger in 2020), they will all flip. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

So all we need is for Lindsey Graham to spring a leak?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I'd like to see the "qualifications" of every elected official who sits on one or more corporate board of directors.  Those guys are in the club, which is all it takes -- there is no requirement to be an expert in the field, and oftentimes no expertise exists with many board members.  It's a joke.

Watching Pence live right now talking about Biden...  Pence solemnly stating how concerned he is about corruption, and how the American people have a right to know if an American politician profited from his position.  He restated several times that he and Trump were elected to drain the swamp.

No words...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'd like to see the "qualifications" of every elected official who sits on one or more corporate board of directors.  Those guys are in the club, which is all it takes -- there is no requirement to be an expert in the field, and oftentimes no expertise exists with many board members.  It's a joke.

In my experience, you typically want several board members that have little to no experience in the field. They have general business knowledge and they are brought into the board to leverage that experience to benefit your product. Running any business, particularly a large/multi-national one, requires far more than just industry knowledge. If you never hired someone from outside the industry, you would likely fail to keep up with broader business/consumer trends. I have no idea what Hunter Biden brought to the table, but any lack of "industry qualifications" is a really stupid basis for the argument. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Paul Wesley said:

Watching Pence live right now talking about Biden...  Pence solemnly stating how concerned he is about corruption, and how the American people have a right to know if an American politician profited from his position.  He restated several times that he and Trump were elected to drain the swamp.

No words...

looks like we're getting our first woman president after all

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I keep thinking there was some old cartoon where they ask for volunteers and everyone standing in line puts their boot up like they are going to take one step forward but then they bring it back and take a step back and there is one guy left in front of everyone.

I think it might be like that. 

They'll hold the line.

10 minutes ago, Paul Wesley said:

how the American people have a right to know if an American politician profited from his position

...Pence said without a trace of irony.

....As the sitting president has his kids jetting all over the world negotiating business deals for the benefit of the Trump org with any number of foreign countries, including our allies.

Seriously.  Nothing fucking matters anymore.  Nothing.

23 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

It's like Bear Bryant wanting to recruit black players. "I won't be the first, but I won't be the third."

A company seeking international respectability hires ivy league educated lawyer from *checks notes* Delaware. No way a lawyer from Delaware knows anything about stuff like corporate governance.
  • Like 2

Jeezus, somebody get Trump out of office.  I knew at least thirty years ago that he was a liar, con artist, and crooked as they come.  How in hell did the American people ever put this jerk in office?  At least now he is revealing his true colors.