Tre Watson Appreciation Thread

MaybeACoordinator

He was a fantastic contributor.  I really hope he enjoyed his experience in Austin and hope he gets a tryout in the league.  Could make for a solid COP/3rd down guy possibly.  Have to see how he runs but reminds me of Fozzy a bit and Fozzy had a really nice NFL career.

I also hope this experience encourages Texas to take more graduate transfers when we have the need and it's beneficial.  Anderson was very solid as well.

• Like 1

I wish he was here one more year.  He is perfect for this offense.  Runs tough inside.  Has enough speed and wiggle to get to the outside.  Also very good in the wheel route and catching the ball in space.  I see Zach Evans playing a very similar role but being feature much more.  This offense is perfect for Zach Evans abilities.

Great way to close out his college career. Not the fastest or most athletically gifted, he’s just what we needed. Tough, durable, smart runner who blocked well and catches the ball well. Played a fantastic game on night when Texas wasn’t sposed to be able to run the ball. Perfect balance to the passing offense and Sams legs. 

Great way to close out his college career. Not the fastest or most athletically gifted, he’s just what we needed. Tough, durable, smart runner who blocked well and catches the ball well. Played a fantastic game on night when Texas wasn’t sposed to be able to run the ball. Perfect balance to the passing offense and Sams legs. 

He also brought some swag to the running back room.

Might be one of my favorite RBs in the last 10 years to wear the burnt orange. Great young man with a bright future whether it be in the NFL or not. The fact that he blew out his knee and clawed back to have a great game in the sugar bowl really shows his determination and strength.

Hook em Tre!

At the beginning of the year, I thought this was an extremely underrated pickup and thought he might get at least 200 touches. He closed the season at 187 touches and the one thing I can say about Tre is that I don't really recall a single play that he had a touch where I was like WTF are you doing? Outplayed both of his more highly regarded counterparts on the GA side last night. Also seemed to bring the right attitude and leadership to the running back room - sure hope Keontay took some notes as Ingram definitely needs to be better next year.

Thanks Tre for a great season for us.....you are definitely a Longhorn for life!

Yeah I should have thrown Anderson in there too in the OP. He was the type of LT you didn't notice, because he so rarely fucked up. Those two pick-ups were huge and we are gonna a couple more like this this year if we want to match this season's success. I don't think Anderson ever imagined he would be winning a NY6 bowl when he signed with Rice. 

Tre Watson played like an experienced veteran all year. Never made any dumb mistakes, extremely reliable, and always ran the inside zone well. What a treat to have had him on our team this year.

Last night, Watson had more rushing yards than DeAndre Swift and Elijah Holyfield combined. Raise your hand if you saw that coming.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Eternal Noob said:

We have nowhere near the same kind of year without him. Time and again he fought for extra yards to keep drives going. It was the kind of thing I'd been wanting to see from a Texas back for ages. He'll be missed next year. Hook 'Em Tre!

2 hours ago, crash_davis said:

He was the most important signee to to the 2017 class.  As someone earlier stated, we don't get to 10 wins without him.

He ran really well last night.   He showed elusiveness, quick decisions, and power.  Hope he gets into the show.

When we got him I thought, "Bueno, we need a 3rd down back. I hope that he can contribute."

He was the "make" in the "Make or Break the season". He was immense. Huge. Bigly!

During the game I was thinking "He is saving our hide, but I bet he never thought that he'd even get to a bowl this big with Cal, much less star in one."

Such a perfection match. I'm so glad that Calvin Anderson jumped on board early and then helped recruit Tre to the good guys. Those two grad transfers were HUGE for us and I think that they will go a long way toward helping us get a little more grad transfer help this spring. (And we have some huge holes to fill.)

So THANK YOU, TRE WATSON! And good luck in grad school and in trying to make it in the NFL!