Shit HEB Makes (when its open).

DougO

3 hours ago, Storm the Field said:

Grabbed some of this to go with some al pastor street tacos last weekend. Pretty tasty, and not overly spicy. Pairs well with breakfast tacos too.

009355512-2

Will try.

Thanks for the recommendation

They had a coupon with free Mi Tienda Mexican or Salvadoran Sour Cream with purchase of their carnitas. Got the mexican sour cream and it's really good with some cilantro and onions on tacos. 

Yup. Good stuff. I just posted some in the shank thread.

Grabbed some of this to go with some al pastor street tacos last weekend. Pretty tasty, and not overly spicy. Pairs well with breakfast tacos too.
009355512-2

This shit is tasty as hell. Picked one up a few weeks ago but I thought for sure it had been posted in here. I agree with the above assessment, lots of flavor and initially you think oh shit it’s about to burn my butthole. But the heat never comes. Highly recommend.

5 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

@elfenix, you ever find Huy Fong Sriracha & chili sauce again? West FW finally has it back.

Also bought the Ghost pepper Ranch chips mentioned here because they were out of Cajun Wavy. 

Haven’t even tried looking, might go to the h mart tomorrow and see if they have it

I bought some Mi Tienda Salsa Taquera Verde last week. As soon as I peeled opened a gap of the tamper proof seal, it squirted out under high pressure all over my shirt, and continued to bubble out and over the sides while I held it over the sink. It acted just like a shook up can of Coke. This was a first for me, and hopefully the last. Beware.

MiTiendaSalsaVerde.thumb.jpg.4f47ba424652019609c6c924d4f66827.jpg

I bought some Mi Tienda Salsa Taquera Verde last week. As soon as I peeled opened a gap of the tamper proof seal, it squirted out under high pressure all over my shirt, and continued to bubble out and over the sides while I held it over the sink. It acted just like a shook up can of Coke. This was a first for me, and hopefully the last. Beware.

MiTiendaSalsaVerde.thumb.jpg.4f47ba424652019609c6c924d4f66827.jpg

Was it fermenting?

7 minutes ago, deft said:

Was it fermenting?

I think so. Has a faiht hint of that smell to it when I just checked it. Incidentally, when I opened the cap again, it released some more pressure. Not enough to make a mess this time though. I'll probably take it back to HEB so they know about it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jerry Callo said:

The HEB Sweet Karoline Blackberries are incredible.  They don't carry them all year, but when they are in season I get a couple packages a week.

spacer.png

Dewberries or gtfo

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Grabbed a jar of this stuff for some quick enchiladas last week.  Verdict: eh.  Too thick, a little too sweet, not enough salt or heat.
image.png.2840fa42c7d65054fb714e664a60b257.png

I actually kinda like it. I added some other stuff to it, and used it to make a quick carne adovada. It worked pretty well.
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, sith_horn said:

I think so. Has a faiht hint of that smell to it when I just checked it. Incidentally, when I opened the cap again, it released some more pressure. Not enough to make a mess this time though. I'll probably take it back to HEB so they know about it.

That's a good call.  Botulism ain't a good time.  

2 hours ago, After irth said:
15 hours ago, sith_horn said:

I think so. Has a faint hint of that smell to it when I just checked it. Incidentally, when I opened the cap again, it released some more pressure. Not enough to make a mess this time though. I'll probably take it back to HEB so they know about it.

That's a good call.  Botulism ain't a good time.  

Returned it. They handled it well. Got a refund and the store manager brought another bottle gratis so I could still try it out. He's a good guy. We peeled it open with no violent release. Definitely smelled different -- much milder in comparison.

• Hook 'Em 2

43 minutes ago, Underdog said:

I’m sure it’s been posted on here already but Wife had no luck finding HEB Fajita meat her last visit at Christmas and brought home this, anyone try this?  
IMG_7616.thumb.jpeg.950a11ad294c24a7ad52ab464fca1b80.jpeg

Having it Saturday for dinner. 

I think they migrated most of the marinated meat from "HEB" to Mi Tienda.

Old Carne Guisada

image.png.c085f68beddcac6a2b1de10a0c027b2b.png

New model

image.thumb.png.59e8db6fd7dbb8f987697df4db142a7c.png

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, futureman said:

image.thumb.jpeg.9565e764e0635080e81cb496326eedb3.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.3e1cfe2450366cfd96772c9a986f1727.jpeg

if this has been posted prior to this page I apologize.  anyone got a review of this stuff?  just seen't it.

Not yet but I will definitely try the burnt ends.  Heat up in a sous vide with butter!  

I’m sure it’s been posted on here already but Wife had no luck finding HEB Fajita meat her last visit at Christmas and brought home this, anyone try this?  

I buy this a good amount and we all like it.
  • Like 1

On 3/5/2024 at 6:50 PM, Underdog said:

I've sampled all of the Mi Tienda mexican style meats and most of them are pretty good. 

• Like 1

I prefer to marinate my own skirt steak for fajitas, but the pre-marinated chicken thigh "fajitas" (in quotes for all you pedantic fajita purists) are really fucking good for a quick easy dinner.

But be careful so that you accidentally don't get the "spicy" version, because they don't fuck around. Kids cannot eat the spicy fajitas. In fact, it's one of the only times that something labeled "spicy" has actually been exceptionally spicy.

• Drool 1

On 3/5/2024 at 6:50 PM, Underdog said:

I tried to bring that home the other day and my wife got upset because it’s not organic.  

She’ll happily eat Chuy’s, of course, which I’m sure is all grass-fed and antibiotic free.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/9/2024 at 8:16 PM, deft said:

I’ve been really disappointed with all pickled japs for years now. They all have been so mushy.

On 2/13/2024 at 9:12 AM, Trey3216 said:

This....

But I don't buy them anymore other than for a party.  For daily use, I pickle my own every summer.  Have 2 pint jars in the fridge from my October/November pepper harvest.  

-Whole Black Pepper Kernels

-Minced Garlic

-Sea Salt

-Vinegar

-Jalapenos

I "fridge" pickle them, so they'll stay good for about a year.  

Gotta have some bite to them. I want to slap myself for not pickling my own before last holiday season. Easiest shit ever.

7799002001493587159 (1).jpg

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, threesheets said:

Gotta have some bite to them. I want to slap myself for not pickling my own before last holiday season. Easiest shit ever.

You can buy a sackful of fresh jalapeños at any grocery store for a couple of bucks. 

Edited by TonyTexas