Casey Thompson

Tex Long

8 minutes ago, Slacks said:

I feel sorry for a player that has to have 3 surgeries and missed 2 seasons. That sucks for anybody who is in the game. 

It's just a game. The vast majority of people who play sports have it end sooner, rather than later. He definitely didn't have the talent to play past college and he got more years playing college football than most. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

I’d feel a lot more sympathy for him if he didn’t take shots at Texas after he left (and if his daddy didn’t feed dirt about Texas to certain media personalities).

Same.  He may have been a pleasant teammate and person at one point, but that was before he experienced a little adversity when Quinn Ewers was brought aboard.  I'm not going to cheer for his injury, but I won't be sending him a care package either.

• Hook 'Em 2

• 2 months later...
for some unknown reason apparently he's been in Nebraska for a week or so and the speculation is that he's going to rejoin the team.  I just can't imagine this happening, although the most qualified QB to start next season, Chubby Purdy, has entered the portal
so who the fuck knows.
Corn wouldn't be the first to allow a transfer back. BloU broke the ice on that one by allowing that washed up tight end (that I can't name) back after he followed Rattler to the SCar.

3 minutes ago, ousux said:
21 hours ago, mulletpelini said:
for some unknown reason apparently he's been in Nebraska for a week or so and the speculation is that he's going to rejoin the team.  I just can't imagine this happening, although the most qualified QB to start next season, Chubby Purdy, has entered the portal
so who the fuck knows.

Corn wouldn't be the first to allow a transfer back. BloU broke the ice on that one by allowing that washed up tight end (that I can't name) back after he followed Rattler to the SCar.

Stogner

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cabowabo said:

Time to get a real job like the rest of us. 

When you can make 20k with all expenses paid, standing on the sideline for the likes of Texas Tech or some team that has a dumb "everyone gets XX thousand" collective, why not do it?   Forestalling the inevitable by one year isn't going to significantly impede your life.

Edited by ClubWhatever

so who the fuck knows.

So he hit the rewind button. Transfer to Texas in 2025!!

18 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Nobody hates former Longhorn players like Longhorn "fans".

Flipping burgers with a masters degree. Yeah, that's his only option.  

I really don’t follow that closely although I look forward to watching MM at Duke. Hasn’t Thompson talked mad shit about Texas since leaving or am I making that up?

Nobody hates former Longhorn players like Longhorn "fans".
Flipping burgers with a masters degree. Yeah, that's his only option.  

Depends on the player. We’re all going to be pulling for Murphy at Duke. I don’t think anyone gave a shit what Fakey Thompson did at Nebraska or that directional school.
  • Hook 'Em 1

I really don’t follow that closely although I look forward to watching MM at Duke. Hasn’t Thompson talked mad shit about Texas since leaving or am I making that up?
He talked shit about our NIL while at Corn, but I think it was more of a playing to the crowd type thing. Still a shitty thing to do.

53 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Depends on the player. We’re all going to be pulling for Murphy at Duke. I don’t think anyone gave a shit what Fakey Thompson did at Nebraska or that directional school.

That's because Maalik didn't lose the two games he started and he cleared the way for Arch to take over without any conversation. So yeah, fans are extremely grateful to him and are Duke fans now. 

• Hook 'Em 2