Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

11 hours ago, Teamdirtyleg said:

That girl is a 6, maaaaaaybee a 6.9 with the horns up, with 15-20 extra pounds on her in need of a root touch up and, yes, great tits.  Y’all some thirsty doofs.  

however…

Yes, I absolutely would.  

Not gonna lie, my eyes tractor beamed on those titties and I never saw anything else 

1 hour ago, 52-80 said:

Because he thinks TAMU fans will shell out $8M to keep Manziel for 1 year, or 2.  Maybe he's actually an Aggy himself.

TAMU also slipped from near top of the rankings towards the bottom, and JM went from Heisman winner to 5th in voting.  If there was a time to bolt to the NFL, it was then.

Didn't he also hate being there? Seems like he wanted to bolt asap

6 hours ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Speaking of Jordan Wittinginton, I was shocked to find out he has 2 more years of eligibility left. He currently a Redshirt Junior & he has the covid year RS eligibility in his back pocket if he wants it.

How many other 2018 & 2019 recruiting class guys that redshirted their freshman year are left on the roster?

It's been hashed and rehashed several times here, but the #3 ranked 2019 recruiting class was basically Whittington, Roschon, T'Vondre.

Everybody else either transferred, medically retired, or barely contributed. (I think Gbenda and Liebrock are the only other 2 left on the roster).

1 hour ago, Hornlover said:

It's been hashed and rehashed several times here, but the #3 ranked 2019 recruiting class was basically Whittington, Roschon, T'Vondre.

Everybody else either transferred, medically retired, or barely contributed. (I think Gbenda and Liebrock are the only other 2 left on the roster).

It's probably worth its own thread. I did the work on one of those classes. I think it was 2017, but might have been 2018. I think recaps are worthwhile.

Regarding 2019, there's more to it than what you posted, although the gist of your post is fine. Texas had material contributors in that class in the 3 you mentioned, but also Washington, Gbenda (might be a starter next year too), Adimora, and Jacoby Jones. They also had contributions of a lesser sort from Jake Smith, Tyler Owens and Jared Wiley.

The injury issues with Floyd and Derrian Brown didn't help anything. Nonetheless, yeah, that class did not exactly pan out. A rerank would probably have it in the 40's. 

Also, Bru McCoy is 20/354/17.6/2 this season at Tennessee. Fuck that guy. I hope Tennessee wins this weekend and Alabama makes him openly cry and leave the game anyway.

15 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Also, Bru McCoy is 20/354/17.6/2 this season at Tennessee. Fuck that guy. I hope Tennessee wins this weekend and Alabama makes him openly cry and leave the game anyway.

This is a surprise. I thought/hoped that he'd be a complete bust but he's actually producing. He's had 2 100 receiving yd games.

"Surpassed 100 yards receiving in the Vols' last two games ... Continued his tremendous play with another career day at #25 LSU (10/8), setting career highs with seven receptions for 140 yards, 70 yards coming after the catch ... Had a breakout game against #20 Florida (9/24), posting 102 receiving yards and a touchdown catch on five receptions ... Posted a career-long 70-yard reception and finished with his first career 100+ yard game against the Gators"

1 minute ago, NoName said:

this made me curious how/what some of those guys were doing: https://247sports.com/college/texas/Season/2019-Football/Commits/

• *Bru McCoy (USC > Texas > USC > Tenn) has 20 catches for 351 yards and 2 TDs
  • Jake Smith has no stats this year for USC
  • Tyler Johnson appears to not have played in any games for U of H
  • De'Gabriel Floyd is now at Alabama A&M as a safety and has 6 tackles
  • Tyler Owens has 7 total tackles for TTU (no more than 3 in a game)
  • Kenyatta Watson has 1 tackle for GaTech
  • Jared Wiley has 5 catches for 39 yards and 2 TDs for TCU
  • *Marcus Washington started every game for Nebraska and has 18 catches for 226 yards
  • Chris Adimora has 9 total tackles this year, but 4 of them were in the first game of the year for SMU
  • Myron Warren is at Texas State and has 1 tackle
  • *Caleb Johnson is at Miami via UCLA has 10 total tackles
  • Kennedy Lewis is at UTSA but has no stats
  • *Willie Tyler has started every game this year for Rutgers at LT
  • Juwann Mitchell has been a starter for Tennessee at some points and has 4 total  tackles
  • Marques Caldwell, Javonne Shepherd and Marcus Tillman appear not to be playing football

only guys out of that group that are doing much of anything are McCoy, Marcus Washington, Willie Tyler and Caleb Johnson when he was at UCLA.

Smith might have medically retired. I don't think he's even on the roster for USC.

Caldwell and Tillman are both in junior college now. 

I'm not sure there was one transfer that ended up hurting us.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Smith might have medically retired. I don't think he's even on the roster for USC.

Caldwell and Tillman are both in junior college now. 

I'm not sure there was one transfer that ended up hurting us.

you are right on Smith. he has a roster page, but is not on the actual current roster. 247 doesn't have either of them at a school, guess i should have googled them to be safe. updated my post, thank you!

6 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I don’t know how Floyd is a safety. He had good size for a lb iirc. 

he dropped a bunch of weight and considered himself an athlete - here is his commit thread: https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/topic/923-2019-lb-degabriel-floyd/page/6

Edited by NoName

5 minutes ago, NoName said:

you are right on Smith. he has a roster page, but is not on the actual current roster. 247 doesn't have either of them at a school, guess i should have googled them to be safe. updated my post, thank you!

he dropped a bunch of weight and considered himself an athlete - here is his commit thread: https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/topic/923-2019-lb-degabriel-floyd/page/6

He was such a stud.  Wish him only the best.

• Hook 'Em 4

29 minutes ago, NoName said:

this made me curious how/what some of those guys were doing: https://247sports.com/college/texas/Season/2019-Football/Commits/

• Jake Smith has no stats this year for USC looks like he may have medically retired? thanks @Hookem2147
  • *Marcus Washington started every game for Nebraska and has 18 catches for 226 yards
  • Chris Adimora has 9 total tackles this year, but 4 of them were in the first game of the year for SMU
  • Juwann Mitchell has been a starter for Tennessee at some points and has 4 total  tackles
  • Marques Caldwell and Marcus Tillman are at Juco thanks @Hookem2147
  • Javonne Shepherd doesn't appear to be playing football

only guys out of that group that are doing much of anything are McCoy, Marcus Washington, Willie Tyler and Caleb Johnson when he was at UCLA.

Jesus fucking christ what a depressing, cock-gargling, beat-me-with-one-of-South-Austin's-Mom's-titanic-dildos level bleak landscape of evaluation and/or development. I'm fine assuming these guys were broken beyond repair by the time they transferred, but fuck. How is BJ Foster doing? Nevermind, I don't fucking care. 

24 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I don’t know how Floyd is a safety. He had good size for a lb iirc. 

He did, and he was into personal training while out, but there's a good chance that having to take it easy with a spinal injury for a year leaned him the fuck out. And maybe lean training is all he can do now?

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 3

Pretty much this and I think even Arch and Maalik are aware of this.  2025 QB should be a stud.  The 2024 qb likely won't be or we at least took ourselves out of the race for Julian Sayles (sp?) because of Arch, per IT.
With the transfer portal the 2025 stud could be a redshirt freshman or any classification not straight out of HS. If Ewers continues what's he's doing and Arch looks good..Sark will become the new QB whisperer and we'll have our pick of the best that aren't entrenched starters.
  • Drool 1

27 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Remember when Kenyatta Watson's dad said that he was leaving Texas to go to play for a coach who could prepare him for the NFL?

Ooops. 

He's not even starting for Georgia Tech.

I think his parents also claimed that Texas coaching staff (Herman and Co) mismanaged an injury which later required surgical intervention. Regardless, the kid appears to be a bust.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

I think his parents also claimed that Texas coaching staff (Herman and Co) mismanaged an injury which later required surgical intervention. Regardless, the kid appears to be a bust.

they did claim that

and let's be honest, the odds of that happening were at least decently good - either that they actually mismanaged the injury or their communication was horrible around it so the family thought the mismanaged it.

Edited by NoName

2 hours ago, NoName said:

• Jake Smith has no stats this year for USC looks like he may have medically retired? thanks @Hookem2147
  • Marques Caldwell and Marcus Tillman are at Juco thanks @Hookem2147
  • Javonne Shepherd doesn't appear to be playing football

200w.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

Recruiting notes from IT

Spoiler

Inside Texas delivers notes on the Texas-Iowa State recruiting visitor list, plus Markis Deal notes and JUCO news in the Humidor. 

Texas vs. Iowa State visitor list

Arch Manning, QB, New Orleans (La.) Isidore Newman – #AllGasNoBrakes

Will Randle, TE, New Orleans (La.) Isidore Newman – #AllGasNoBrakes

Johntay Cook, WR, Desoto (Texas) – #AllGasNoBrakes

Jaydon Chatman, OT, Killeen (Texas) Harker Heights – #AllGasNoBrakes

Payton Kirkland, OT, Orlando (Fla.) Dr. Phillips – #AllGasNoBrakes

Trevor Goosby, OT, Melissa (Texas) High – #AllGasNoBrakes

Connor Stroh, IOL, Frisco (Texas) Wakeland – #AllGasNoBrakes

Andre Cojoe, IOL, Mansfield (Texas) Timberview – #AllGasNoBrakes

Billy Walton, EDGE, Dallas (Texas) South Oak Cliff – #AllGasNoBrakes

Walton is having a tremendous senior campaign, and has only cemented his upside as an edge rusher for the Longhorns. 

Derion Gullette, EDGE, Teague (Texas) – #AllGasNoBrakes

The Longhorns are very solid with the ultra athletic linebacker/edge prospect. This will be yet another contest seen by the 6-foot-3, 228-pounder.

Malik Muhammad, CB, Dallas (Texas) South Oak Cliff – #AllGasNoBrakes

Texas continues to be a in good position, but Alabama is not close to giving up. Getting Muhammad back on campus this weekend is huge with the positive momentum in the program right now, and especially prior to OVs to Texas A&M and Alabama. Texas will have to recruit through the whistle. The family loved the Texas visit in June, and Muhammad likes the idea of playing for Texas and living in Austin. This weekend will serve as a reminder of that. 

Jelani McDonald, ATH, Waco (Texas) Connally

One of the best pound-for-pound athletes in the 2023 cycle, the Oklahoma State pledge is set to see Austin this weekend. Texas offered this week and sees the On3 four-star at linebacker at the next level. This could trend UT quickly. 

Ka’Morreun Pimpton, TE, Fort Worth (Texas) North Crowley

The Vanderbilt commitment will be in Austin on Saturday with his father. The family prefers close to home for the 6-foot-6, 220-pounder with an otherworldly catch radius. IT does not believe Pimpton sticks with Vanderbilt. A Texas offer would more than move the needle. Texas is zeroed in on Pimpton and On3 Consensus 5-star and Phoenix (Ariz.) Pinnacle TE Duce Robinson.

MORE NOTES

Inside Texas mentioned recently to not forget about the junior college ranks with the 2023 cycle. We first got tipped off to the Longhorns evaluating junior college players by a long time JUCO source in Mississippi. And we can now report that the Texas staff is beginning to zero in on defensive line, and potentially the edge position, at the junior college level. 

The likeliest scenario is Texas adding a JUCO interior DL that can make an immediate impact with Keondre Coburn, T’Vondre Sweat and Moro Ojomo not expected back next season. Finding an impact player for next season is taking precedence right now. IT will have more when the time is right, i.e when a potential visit gets lined up. The competition for two of the top defensive linemen in junior college are SEC programs Tennessee, Ole Miss, LSU, Mississippi State and South Carolina. 

In the high school ranks, the Longhorns continue to be in a solid position with On3 Consensus 4-star and Garland (Texas) Naaman Forest prospect Markis Deal. Texas will receive the final official visit after Naaman Forest’s season concludes. The family really likes the idea of close to home, and that benefits Texas and potentially TCU. Georgia remains in the mix for sure. 

• Hook 'Em 5