Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

Herman is gone--no way he can come back from all of this speculation after another loss and expect to recruit, while major team players are debating bailing on the season.  He's DMW and every Texas high school coach, trainer and athlete knows it.  

3 minutes ago, Rip76 said:

If this happens these freaking 11am games stop.

No shit.  I’m hoping there’s been more of these than normal this year due to lack of other games being played in other conferences.   The Horns have almost always sucked at these early games no matter the coach.  

On 11/27/2020 at 6:45 PM, closetojumping said:

1) Anyone that doesn’t have futureman on ignore is missing out. I’ve never once missed that idiot’s voluminous insipidity.  

2) Once they realized they weren’t ready to fire Herman after the OU loss due to his camp’s insistence about still making the CCG, nothing could or would ever be firm or meaningful until that possibility was ruled out. 

3) Well, today happened. Now we’re going to find out what is real and what is bullshit. The mere buzz that Meyer’s camp is posturing about not returning to coaching should be an obvious sign that things are getting real. It’s not going to be cheap, so we’ll see if they have the stomach. I wouldn’t read too much into anything from anywhere until public statements are made by parties involved. 

4) I’ve always maintained that the odds of getting Meyer were low. I still see it that way. Texas will try its best to fuck this up and we probably will. 

The one really good source I have on this is pretty adamant that pretty much nothing is going to happen with Urban. Of course he’s much more tied in to the basketball program, so maybe he just means that he’s not taking Shaka’s job.

3 minutes ago, justhookit said:

The one really good source I have on this is pretty adamant that pretty much nothing is going to happen with Urban. Of course he’s much more tied in to the basketball program, so maybe he just means that he’s not taking Shaka’s job.

a source who i trust says that we have already started the full court press on Urban, and that the ball is 100% in his court. (forgive the tired basketball cliches, and fuck Shaka)

• Hook 'Em 2

31 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

A little Phil is playing...

american-psycho.jpg

His early offenses were a little too gimmicky for my taste. But when Florida came out 13-1 in '06, I think it really came into its own, schematically and talent-wise. The whole offense has a clear, crisp direction, and a new sheen of consummate option QB play that really gives his offense a big boost. He's been compared to Nick Saban, but I think Urban has a sense of humor.

In '12, Urban joined Ohio State, his most accomplished coaching. I think his undisputed masterpiece is the 2012 season. A season so good, most people probably don't notice they went undefeated. But they should, because it's not just about going undefeated without a title due to bullshit NCAA sanctions. It's also a personal statement about Meyer himself. Hey, @futureman!

Rimbo thrusts an unlubricated boxing glove up futureman's asshole

Try holding your shit until halftime now, you fuckin' stupid bastard!

Edited by Rimbo
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Saw someone on one of the other sites say that Demas watched the game from the stands. He’s only participated in two games this season. I guarantee he didn’t expect to RS this year. 

Waiting for Jimbo to call for him to suit up?  They do love their 12th Man schtick.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

a source who i trust says that we have already started the full court press on Urban, and that the ball is 100% in his court. (forgive the tired basketball cliches, and fuck Shaka)

You need to stop listening to realgreggym. Good job calling his bullshit on Baker before the news broke.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

If she is trolling us she quite possibly could be the most maniacal woman ever. 

All I know is, she mentioned Stoops by name, the one person on this board who has been photographed with more dicks than anyone else in the world here.

I'm sure there is no way she'd be trolling.....

3 hours ago, Rimbo said:

His early offenses were a little too gimmicky for my taste. But when Florida came out 13-1 in '06, I think it really came into its own, schematically and talent-wise. The whole offense has a clear, crisp direction, and a new sheen of consummate option QB play that really gives his offense a big boost. He's been compared to Nick Saban, but I think Urban has a sense of humor.

In '12, Urban joined Ohio State, his most accomplished coaching. I think his undisputed masterpiece is the 2012 season. A season so good, most people probably don't notice they went undefeated. But they should, because it's not just about going undefeated without a title due to bullshit NCAA sanctions. It's also a personal statement about Meyer himself. Hey, @futureman!

Rimbo thrusts an unlubricated boxing glove up futureman's asshole

Try holding your shit until halftime now, you fuckin' stupid bastard!

This post brought to you by Urban Meyer's personal biographer.

5 hours ago, RVC2005 said:

You provide zero to any of this. You claim to have sources, yet all you say is that Meyer will not be here. If you really had sources you’d provide more. Typical troll

He's just trying to be a tight ass every opportunity he gets because he knows he won't have one soon.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Meyer's health problem with that cyst is real. Or at least it was 3 years ago. He had surgery for it.

His offenses at Ohio State were maddening. Good because of talent and execution. But not great because his play calling lacked alot.

If you hire him, keep an eye on our S&C coach Mickey Mariotti and Head of Ops Mark Pantoni. He brought them to Columbus from Florida, and they're both very good at their job.

Don't let him bring Zach Smith. Smith is an excellent position coach, but he's not worth the drama.

8 hours ago, Mantis Toboggan, MD said:

While this is a lot of money, it isn’t when you compare it to things like the Astros giving Carlos Lee $100m

Or when you compare it to the State just handing over $226M+ to COTA for simply existing. So far.

1 minute ago, Parliament said:

Meyer's health problem with that cyst is real. Or at least it was 3 years ago. He had surgery for it.

His offenses at Ohio State were maddening. Good because of talent and execution. But not great because his play calling lacked alot.

If you hire him, keep an eye on our S&C coach Mickey Mariotti and Head of Ops Mark Pantoni. He brought them to Columbus from Florida, and they're both very good at their job.

Don't let him bring Zach Smith. Smith is an excellent position coach, but he's not worth the drama.

I can guarantee you, Zach Smith will not be employed by the university of Texas...no

2 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

I can guarantee you, Zach Smith will not be employed by the university of Texas...no

I get what you are saying, and I don't think UM would touch that with a ten foot pole, anyway..

But with everything that is going on, if UM wanted to bring that fucking loser with him, do you really think that would be the sticking point to the hire? Not a fucking chance.

Edited by Orange&White

5 minutes ago, Parliament said:

If Zach Smith is out, then I’m out. 

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic