Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

43 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

It means I am an actual fan not living in the fantasy world some of you are.

I want us to play every game and win. Fuck any of you if you wish we would lose to fire a coach in any sport.

At this point I hope Herman comes back next year to just piss all of you off.

That's some pussy ass shit, it's better to lose in the short term to be better in the long term.

13 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:

Wrong again.

"On the pregame show on Saturday morning, it appears Meyer teased the fan base about the whole scenario. In a discussion about the best college towns, Matt Leinart brought up Austin, Texas. Brady Quinn then asked Meyer if that was the next town he was going to fix. Meaning the football team that plays in Austin, the Texas Longhorns."

https://longhornswire.usatoday.com/2020/11/21/texas-football-urban-meyer-teases-longhorns-fans/

well, Brady says "pick not fix", and then Urban picked Gainesville.

I agree with you that the question was peculiar at the time, and their reactions let us all know that something was afoot, but I stand by the claim that none of those idiots will ask Urban one question that he is not ready to answer on Saturday. As stated earlier, he is the morning show and the others are just hanging out there.

46 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

It means I am an actual fan not living in the fantasy world some of you are.

I want us to play every game and win. Fuck any of you if you wish we would lose to fire a coach in any sport.

At this point I hope Herman comes back next year to just piss all of you off.

FAN OF THE YEAR GUYS!!1!

• Haha 1

Day 5 of Coaching search addiction:

I wake up, and check the latest posts on my phone while pooping, and in line for coffee, then I come home, and check the overnight posts for any hint of good news while drinking said coffee. I log in to my work computer, than spam 5 after few minutes. 

This is the way.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust [Today started on page 293]
3 minutes ago, Bevoball said:

That's some pussy ass shit, it's better to lose in the short term to be better in the long term.

The cake is baked. Don’t need to lose the game for the desired outcome. I would prefer to win, if nothing else, because we need stop having a fucking humiliating losing record to KSU in big 12 play. We are 7-9 against these shitbirds. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

There could be an answer.  We dont know.  Or the stories we hear about him wanting his old staff could be true.  He knows he wants to do it just trying to figure out which guys.  This situation is not unique.  It happens everyday in business.  

If it was NO we would know.  Also, when negotiating with alphas at 1 point you go head to head.  It's a process.

Yeah I think there's been an answer for a couple of days now, & it'll be announced at the right time. Probably late tomorrow or Sunday, imho.

I agree with you that the question was peculiar at the time, and their reactions let us all know that something was afoot, but I stand by the claim that none of those idiots will ask Urban one question that he is not ready to answer on Saturday. As stated earlier, he is the morning show and the others are just hanging out there.

Brady 100% said fix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tex Long said:

It is happening. I told you so,, weeks ago. It's been happening since 10/10, after #MensaTom completely fucked up the end-game twice in a row and lost to TCU and 0U back to back. Del Conte talked to Urban and got the high sign back then. The next step was waiting for #MensaTom to eliminate himself from the CCG, and that happened last week. There's nothing left to wait for except the lawyers to finish scribbling, and the announcements of coach fired, coach hired. Kick back, stir a big spoonful of mayo into your bulleit, set a platter of McRibs next to your speech-to-text mic and enjoy the ride.

the-x-files-i-want-to-believe-i30592.jpg

1 minute ago, Tex Long said:

It is happening. I told you so,, weeks ago. It's been happening since 10/10, after #MensaTom completely fucked up the end-game twice in a row and lost to TCU and 0U back to back. Del Conte talked to Urban and got the high sign back then. The next step was waiting for #MensaTom to eliminate himself from the CCG, and that happened last week. There's nothing left to wait for except the lawyers to finish scribbling, and the announcements of coach fired, coach hired. Kick back, stir a big spoonful of mayo into your bulleit, set a platter of McRibs next to your speech-to-text mic and enjoy the ride.

I support this message.

6 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

I wake up, and check the latest posts on my phone while pooping, and in line for coffee, then I come home, and check the overnight posts for any hint of good news while drinking said coffee. I log in to my work computer, than spam 5 after few minutes. 

This is the way.

At least there was a new (awesome) episode of the Mandalorian 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

This.  I believe it's done.  It's just a matter of when and how he goes to get his staff that are still involved in meaningful football games.  I believe he may have fully 'signed the deal' this past weekend, but they've been working this behind the scene for months.  Urban may also want to finish out his last 2 weeks with FOX.

5 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

47301_original.gif

At the very least, it was awkward. And my whole point is that he would want a public answer to avoid awkward situations like this.
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

This is the way.

I read this while pooping

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

Ok, I'm not going to fucking catch up 15 pages of this shit. Who wants to be a mensch and let me know if anything *worth a shit* had dropped since last night?

Someone who hornindallas says is legit said it's done but nobody believes him.

Burton said that Texas hasn't heard an answer and that he has no sources on the Ohio State side.

That's it.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

Ok, I'm not going to fucking catch up 15 pages of this shit. Who wants to be a mensch and let me know if anything *worth a shit* had dropped since last night?

Nothing. Urban hasn't said no. Bobby Burton still hasn't heard anything. We're just waiting for Tom to get canned. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

Today started on 293.  

My $.02

CDC and brass meet with UM to plant the seed

UM, like any good leader, understands he's only as good as his people and doesn't want to make any moves until he knows his staff

UM plants the seed with his dudes and is awaiting their response

Meanwhile, the urge to coach again is growing inside a still hungry UM.  These guys love it, look at Mack, Gruden, Herm, etc. All great analysts who went back to coaching. 

UM continues to push his dudes because now he's excited.  UM's dudes tell him they're in, then UM tells TX

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

This is the way.

yeah, you are probably going to have to find another Starbucks

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, RGBIII said:

“Situation remains fluid” needs to be in there

The facts in that post, by the way, are actual facts. Unfortunately, I still can't figure out whether we have a), b), or c) going on, and so I'm just waiting like everyone else for this situation to reveal itself between now and Sunday.  I"ve been unable to reconcile Sunday to now and don't see a way to reconcile it until something is announced.

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Someone who used to play middle school ball with Dez Bryant and whose brother played in the NFL says it's over and we got Corch Myers.

Steamboat says he's a better fan than the rest of us. Think that about covers it.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Believe me, you don’t want to hear about the mysterious NFL figure. If that ever comes to bear, it’s going to be like injecting new corona into the bloodstream of this board. Do. Not. Want.

We need to hear nothing through the game tomorrow. FOX will be telling. If we hear something today, it will be bad. If we hear anything from FOX people, it will be bad. If they’re awkwardly never talking to him much about Texas just before, during and after Texas plays, it will be good. 

So Sean Payton isn't coming?

Edited by Bevo14

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic