Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

1 minute ago, South Austin said:

So he’s railing on a Republican Senator whose re-election loss could contribute to the potential destruction of the Republican Senate majority. What’s the background story I’m missing here, besides Trump being all as fuck crazy?

Sasse being sassy.  Trump being trumpy.

5 minutes ago, South Austin said:

So he’s railing on a Republican Senator whose re-election loss could contribute to the potential destruction of the Republican Senate majority. What’s the background story I’m missing here, besides Trump being all as fuck crazy?

Watching him destroy the GOP on his way out is so beautiful.

7 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Thanks to the Nebraska Democrats being the KU football of state level political parties, he doesn’t really have to worry. The guy that won the D primary got disavowed for sexual harassment, so while he’s on the ballot the party is pushing a write in. 

12 minutes ago, South Austin said:

44 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

I mean I’m looking forward to it to be honest.  As well as the trumpkins on social media.

I vividly recall a friend after the 2012 election openly praying on Facebook for God to save the country after Obama won re-election.  She was convinced that the worst of times were directly ahead (she only missed it by 5 years) and that the end times were here. I fully expect this person to do something similar again.

10 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

I vividly recall a friend after the 2012 election openly praying on Facebook for God to save the country after Obama won re-election.  She was convinced that the worst of times were directly ahead (she only missed it by 5 years) and that the end times were here. I fully expect this person to do something similar again.

Where does she live?  (Serious question.)

19 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

And it's impossible to get these people to look back and admit they were wrong. I can't even get them to admit they ever expressed those opinions or heard their thought leaders express them. Don't tell me you didn't hear about "Death Panels." Of course you did. There were no Death Panels, were there? Say it. 

Crickets. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

At the time, the Beaumont area.

That makes some sense.  Probably not overwhelmingly Trumpy, but Trumpy enough.

I've been digging into the politics of my old stomping grounds (rural Missouri), because it just started to seem like the vast majority of my former classmates are completely indoctrinated by FOX News.  I found a site showing the breakdown of local elections, and lo and behold, Trump beat Clinton 83% - 12%.  That clarified things for me.  Most of these people just believe what FOX tells them, and aren't intellectually curious to seek external corroboration, or God forbid the actual truth.

6 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

That makes some sense.  Probably not overwhelmingly Trumpy, but Trumpy enough.

I've been digging into the politics of my old stomping grounds (rural Missouri), because it just started to seem like the vast majority of my former classmates are completely indoctrinated by FOX News.  I found a site showing the breakdown of local elections, and lo and behold, Trump beat Clinton 83% - 12%.  That clarified things for me.  Most of these people just believe what FOX tells them, and aren't intellectually curious to seek external corroboration, or God forbid the actual truth.

The scary part is that these people aren’t going away when Trump does. Who will be their next deity?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Royalfan5 said:

Thanks to the Nebraska Democrats being the KU football of state level political parties, he doesn’t really have to worry. The guy that won the D primary got disavowed for sexual harassment, so while he’s on the ballot the party is pushing a write in. 

At least I got to vote for Love.

But, for all the people with yard Trump and Sasse yard signs, do they take one down? 

Edited by Tuco
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, South Austin said:

Any chance Sasse or any other R senator would consider switching sides when this is said and done?  It will suck to be a republican for a while while the party walks the desert like they deserve to do.

2 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

Any chance Sasse or any other R senator would consider switching sides when this is said and done?  It will suck to be a republican for a while while the party walks the desert like they deserve to do.

Absolutely not on Sasse.  Maybe he puts an "I" behind his name, but still caucuses with the Republicans. He's the religious right dressed up as an academic. He is what Intelligent Design is to Creationism.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Still Trump.

The beauty of Trump is that he will not go away after his defeat. The GOP will not be allowed to adjust or shift or reform, because Trump will be shit-tweeting every day and attacking anyone challenging his legacy of racism and lies.

The GOP will continue on as the party of gullible, racist, anti-Science, non-collage grads, and - at best - become a party at war between the Trump and non-Trump factions.

I see Trumpism prevailing. Too much concentrated essence of deplorable to change.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

The beauty of Trump is that he will not go away after his defeat. The GOP will not be allowed to adjust or shift or reform, because Trump will be shit-tweeting every day and attacking anyone challenging his legacy of racism and lies.

The GOP will continue on as the party of gullible, racist, anti-Science, non-collage grads, and - at best - become a party at war between the Trump and non-Trump factions.

I see Trumpism prevailing. Too much concentrated essence of deplorable to change.

Yeah, there’s no civil war left in the GOP. The unbelievers have been purged, it is only cultists now. Failure to bend the knee will cost you support of the Trumpist base, and you can’t win without it. As a GOP candidate, there is only one path to securing the base, and it will stay that way for a generation: now to Trump.

4 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Yep. He will flee the country before Biden’s inauguration and then shit post at the republicans from his Russian embassy somewhere until he croaks. It will be beautiful. 

3 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

so God is on facebook?

33 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

Murkowski is a possibility, I suppose.

14 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Nothing like Trump, but he’s a True Believer(tm) and probably can fake it to trick the deplorables. They’re an easy group to trick.

True

According to my Googles he’s a Harvard grad and a lunatic...scary combination.

46 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Yep. He will flee the country before Biden’s inauguration and then shit post at the republicans from his Russian embassy somewhere until he croaks. It will be beautiful. 

If he flees to Russia, Putin will kill him. He will be silenced. What value could a living, breathing Donald Trump possibly provide to Putin after he's no longer POTUS?

1 hour ago, Horn Dog said:

It will suck to be a republican for a while while the party walks the desert like they deserve to do.

They do not deserve to still be able to have a Republican Party. The party should be abolished and never allowed to re-form in this country in any way that even minutely resembles what it is and has come to represent. 

If you cast a vote for even the candidate for county clerk for this party you should have your ability to vote taken away because you clearly are a detriment to the part of society trying to help this country recover from this colossal mess.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

I don’t think the feds will let him with his monumental, mafia level tax trial he’s about to get fisted in. They have got this idiot pinned and watching him have to account for his lies is going to be the real thing of beauty. 

still, you’re description is going to be accurate just after a 6 year stint in federal prison.

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

Murkowski is a possibility, I suppose.

Only Murkowski, but only if they let her stay in charge of the Energy Comittee.  I could see Romney and Shelley Moore Capito being willing to vote with the D’s occasionally. 

Edited by Bateshorn