CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

10 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

The CBS Evening News will have a report on the market for fake vaccination cards tonight. I don’t know how exhaustive their investigation will be. I wouldn’t expect it to be more than superficial. But I figured I should pass that along in case anyone is interested. 

A lot of people:  "You can buy a fake vaccination card?  HONEY, HOW MUCH MONEY IS IN THE COIN JAR?"

10 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

He, whom I've never heard of, solidly acts out what the issue seems to be for some men: manliness. Like the dickwad harrassing the old woman in the subway, it's all about the strutting and puffing out your chest. 

These things are so insecure in their own manhood that they must make displays like cosplay soldiering, dismissing intellectual argument, and recording themselves ranting and cursing as though anyone gives a shit.

Chet Hanks is the poster boy for male insecurity.

MB-COMP-HANKS.jpg?strip=all&quality=100&

• Hook 'Em 1

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/17/politics/arizona-school-funding-mask-mandate/index.html

Arizona Republican Gov. Doug Ducey said Tuesday that the state would use federal Covid relief money to increase the funding available to public school districts only if they’re open for in-person learning and don’t require children to wear masks. 

To be eligible for the grant funding – $163 million in total – Arizona school districts must be open for in-person learning as of August 27 and must be “following all state laws,” including the ban on school mask mandates that Ducey signed into law in June.

Keep it up Republicans, keep driving people to vote against you.  Arizona Republicans apparently aren't done fucking around and finding out with their electorate.

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/17/politics/arizona-school-funding-mask-mandate/index.html

Keep it up Republicans, keep driving people to vote against you.  Arizona Republicans apparently aren't done fucking around and finding out with their electorate.

So the schools that try to spread the most Covid around will get the money?

Will Ferrell Crazy Pills GIF

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

5 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

It’s really quite stunning. I think they’ve gotten high on their own supply for so long that they have lost sight of the line between being the grifter and the griftees. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

It’s really quite stunning. I think they’ve gotten high on their own supply for so long that they have lost sight of the line between being the grifter and the griftees. 

Their base glorifies inflicting pain on those who aren’t part of their tribe.

So, The Party plays to that. Their sole purpose is to inflict pain and suffering….while their base gleefully cheers. That’s it. That’s all that’s left of The Party. Just gratuitous infliction of pain and suffering.
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

From the Denton subreddit. Letter to Willco residents from Bill Gravell

z0j6zhvzwyh71.jpg

We are almost, what, 8 months into vaccines being readily available?  With hardly any adverse effects?  Any excuse for “vaccine hesitancy” at this point is just because you’re a fucking moron who has a death wish. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Why don’t y’all have vaccines. How did the government not lock any down? Or problems with people taking them?  Haven’t seen much of what going on down there other than crazy levels of lockdowns. 

15 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

I think this is a mistake. Going for 0 Covid, which is the NZ, Australia, and China approach is a fuck up.

I'm not sure what is going on with NZ and OZ vaccination, but I think not having any production in one of them is a fucking massive issue.

we have lot of fed versus state issues. bet on the wrong vaccine (AZ). got the messaging all wrong. media made AZ sound liek it was going to kill you and your first born. no clarity at all to the medical profession. doctors here refuse to advise of AZ as they are afraid of lawsuits. nothing is digitalized. and in general the Super Boomers of Australia are scared of their own shadwow. oh and scomo is a W reincarnate of happless emotionaless drivel. 

and this culture makes greeks look like productive Germans. never seen anything like it honestly. so they have lik 90% vaccers (as opposed to anti vaccers) but the issue isn't not "muh freedoms" but rather "she'll be alright" and generally just not giving a shit to do anything proactive about anything. 

*zorba* the vaccines for tomorrow! *thegreek*

my family is on the run now in the west. we had to get out at. no clue when we will return. did a 16 day indiana jones journey to create "regional immunity" and now in the west where life is regular as its damn near impossible to even get here in teh first place. lucky AF we is

https://www.theage.com.au/national/scott-morrison-has-little-control-over-australia-s-destiny-or-his-own-20210817-p58jdy.html

https://www.theage.com.au/national/when-it-comes-to-covid-19-we-cannot-run-a-risk-free-society-20210427-p57mq7.html

• Hook 'Em 4

42 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Taking federal money from schools that need it, because those schools are trying to stay open with masks. 

Yeah, that's going to go over well with the the feds and with the parents of the kids in those districts.

It's very stunning, and they are getting high off of their own supply.  They really believe the parents will somehow blame the masks, rather than the Governor who is bragging about withholding the money.

3 hours ago, Satchel said:

Arch conservative, vaccine critic and priestly vestments glamour pus, is on a ventilator:

Yo, Father, if you're looking for healing from Divine Providence, go get care in a fucking church instead of taking up needed space in a hospital.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

He's not "fortunate."  He is a member of The Party.  And The Party Elites, in any plutocratic kakistocracy, get the best of everything.  Growing up when the Soviet Union existed shoulda taught you that.

Oh for fucks sake. He’s got money, and access to great healthcare, just like any Democrat with money that gets Covid. He’s also asymptotic and VACCINATED. There’s a message there. If you know anyone struggling to get treated send me a private message and I will be happy to help. If they are unvaccinated, sorry about their luck, but I will still see what I can do. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

The Abbott thread is also a good one.  

I’m so torn here. He deserves to get really, really sick. On the other hand he’s vaccinated and maybe comes out of this with no problems and passes that message along. I’m not holding my breath on the latter.

3 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

236958591_10160253385444749_950544147615

Believe it or not, this foolhardy concept predates COVID.

A few years ago, I was discussing pharmacologic treatment options for depression with a patient who was struggling with a crack addiction and would resort to prostitution to fund her substance abuse. I vividly recall her saying, "She wanted to stop sucking dick for $5 to get a fix."

She refused to take any prescribed medications despite her endorsing multiple depressive symptoms and meeting DSM-5 criteria for a depression diagnosis. Her rationale was that she didn't know what was in those medications and they could make her sick. Of course, I didn't have the heart to ask her if she really knew what was in the crack she had been smoking or the guy whose dick she was sucking for $5. I guess she wasn't worried about getting sick from those activities. 

Edited by UDontKnow
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, justhookit said:

Oh for fucks sake. He’s got money, and access to great healthcare, just like any Democrat with money that gets Covid. He’s also asymptotic and VACCINATED. There’s a message there. If you know anyone struggling to get treated send me a private message and I will be happy to help. If they are unvaccinated, sorry about their luck, but I will still see what I can do. 

@SEC

still trying to figure out your problem here. Vaccinated people are much better off . Wealthy people have access to better healthcare. I offered to help.  Care to articulate other than just negging me?  Sorry those things bother you..

Edited by justhookit
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

A few years ago, I was discussing pharmacologic treatment options for depression with a patient who was struggling with a crack addiction and would resort to prostitution to fund her substance abuse. I vividly recall her saying, "She wanted to stop sucking dick for $5 to get a fix."

She refused to take any prescribed medications despite her endorsing multiple depressive symptoms and meeting DSM-5 criteria for a depression diagnosis. Her rationale was that she didn't know what was in those medications and they could make her sick. Of course, I didn't have the heart to ask her if she really knew what was in the crack she had been smoking or the guy whose dick she was sucking for $5. I guess she wasn't worried about getting sick from those activities. 

I completely get where you are going with that.

my experience with mental health issues with a family member though has been more like I don’t want to take this drug, because if I do I won’t experience the highs anymore. Bipolar for what it’s worth. It’s a shitty experience for everyone involved.

personally, I spent a ton of time in the hospital when I had my colon removed and not only did I take the drugs, I always asked for more. Experimental? Count me in.

3 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

image.gif.3c5d467d139c687675df38ab4545206b.gif

• Haha 9

7 hours ago, brakeman said:

da fuk, i miss you america   2019.

It's as if they found some homeless lunatic ranting outside and threw a Statue of Liberty shirt on him.  Y'all hear all the applause?  You'll be missing 2021, MTG, and Gaetz when this guy's in Congress. 

• Rage+1 1

10 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Literally wtf is going on? I can't fucking put this into tangible context

What is going on in this community! Are you people aware of what's happening? What is driving you to this behavior? Is it the humudity? Is it the Muzak? Is it the white shoes?

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

image.gif.d0db61af348c35de4ae9605eafef4531.gif

This is where the message should be sharpened to help getting more people vaccinated...take it off COVID some and show that it is impacting them (besides the fact that more ICU use means higher medical costs which means higher premiums and taxes down the road....)

The reality is only about 1/3 of those beds are occupied by COVID cases, but that 1/3 is the normal "buffer" beds that are available to treat people for heart attacks, strokes, car accidents etc. I know you may not be concerned with getting COVID but how about you help keep your options open in case you have any other illness that might require you or your loved ones to visit a hospital and need one.

I'd be fine with hospitals having vaxxed/non-vaxxed ICUs right now.. I know which one I would put in the parking lot and the one that would likely fill up quickly leaving no space....I think we'd be ok with that.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

This is where the message should be sharpened to help getting more people vaccinated...take it off COVID some and show that it is impacting them

At this point, the vast majority of them are not going to "get it", until they "get it".

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

3 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Again, why can't this shit happen in front of me.   Would drop that meathead in 1 punch.  What a moronic cunt. 

Guys like that will act tough when faced with 5' female sales clerks. If there had been a 6'5" guy behind the counter or even as a customer, he would have had a different attitude. I read some of the comments and it was surprising how many people had the guy's back. not to mention how uninformed ignorant they were about private business rights.

I recall early on with the pandemic where Abbott would confirm that businesses have the right to require masks. I haven't quite heard him say that recently. I may be wrong about that but he doesn't want businesses to realize their rights. that confrontation is due to Abbott.

• Like 2