Its happening (stadium renovations)

RowdyVic

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those two "Restricted View" triangles?  Yeah, that's the fucking understatement of the year.  Did somebody find those renderings in Steve Patterson's old filing cabinet.  I'd just turn those into SRO bar areas with LCD screens abound.  And not insult fans by selling those as "ticketed seats."  Unless that's where we're putting A&M when they play here, in which case---gif of "I'll Allow It"  

11 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Those two "Restricted View" triangles?  Yeah, that's the fucking understatement of the year.  Did somebody find those renderings in Steve Patterson's old filing cabinet.  I'd just turn those into SRO bar areas with LCD screens abound.  And not insult fans by selling those as "ticketed seats."  Unless that's where we're putting A&M when they play here, in which case---gif of "I'll Allow It"  

USC says hold my beer 

image.thumb.png.640375b4075d5814da7d714ab137f6b5.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, YGIFS said:

3 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

What’s behind the north scoreboard that mandates removing that many rows to bring it that far forward? It appears that bringing it half as many rows forward would mean no restricted views. 

One of those dotted lines in the renderings says club entry so I’m guessing it will be another club to charge extra for. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Wilcox Cummingtonite said:

Did they change the lettering on the upper deck concrete walls? i.e. National Champ years, ring of honor, Conf champs, etc?

I could have sworn it looked different on TV.

Yes.

The retired numbers are now lit at night.

The conference championships are now combined; the Big 12 conference championships are not split out from the SWC championships.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 months later...
28 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Sweet.  What is the legal implication for wandering in there with a hard hat and a permit and trying to collect some remnants for posterity?  

Funny, my dad did that when they were building it, just to look around. Think I was a few months old. 

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Funny, my dad did that when they were building it, just to look around. Think I was a few months old. 

Circle of life, Simba.  I gotta an extra hard hat with a Longhorn on it (weird story), and a parking pass.  Let's do this!  

I suppose I'd rather wait until they get into the interior because that stuff actually looks more noticeable, but from demo sites I visited, the more inside they get-the harder it is to walk onto.  The Chris McColpin of it all.  

On 11/29/2023 at 10:29 AM, Underdog said:

RIP, Drum.  Some great memories from ol' girl. 

I picture Rod Farva cleaning out the hoops dressing room.  "Ol' locker stinks like hell, but I'll sure miss her.  Guess you could say that about all my girls..."  

On 11/29/2023 at 10:29 AM, Underdog said:

RIP, Drum.  Some great memories from ol' girl. 

Yo tambien. Sat behind Tom Kite and Ben Crenshaw at a weeknight game during the Runnin’ Horns years, sat at a table with Earl Campbell in the T-Club (or whatever it was) a few years later. Saw many more wins than losses there over the years. Not to mention some great concerts…

Edited by Tex Pete

On 11/29/2023 at 7:11 AM, Liquor and Poker said:

But where will adds and drops be?

I recall needing a history class.  Saw no line at all at the history table in the concourse.  Walked up and said I needed to sign up for the course.  I was told there was a wait line for the class and they pointed me towards inside of the arena.  Walked in and section 26 was pretty much filled with people waiting for the class.  

I started school in the fall of '78 and saw a lot of shows there. I'm not enough of an audiophile to complain about the sound.

My first year, walking over from Jester, I saw Linda Ronstadt, George Benson, Genesis, Springsteen, Jimmy Buffet, Bob Dylan and almost certainly a few others. 

Not to mention basketball.

I remember it fondly. 

• 2 months later...
On 11/30/2023 at 5:55 PM, DoobieWah said:

I started school in the fall of '78 and saw a lot of shows there. I'm not enough of an audiophile to complain about the sound.

My first year, walking over from Jester, I saw Linda Ronstadt, George Benson, Genesis, Springsteen, Jimmy Buffet, Bob Dylan and almost certainly a few others. 

Not to mention basketball.

I remember it fondly. 

My first Texas basketball game (and still the best) was January 14, 1978, against Arkansas. I was a Junior in high school. Had lower corner seats. Texas won 100-89. My ears rang like I had gone to a Nugent concert, which almost never happened in The Drum. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

The update you knew was coming but we have all been waiting for

Also

CDC is just killing it here. Hard to believe that fucking cockslap Patterson  was slated for the gig. Who the fuck picked that clown. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 2

36 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

CDC feeling pretty good about his announcements 

- we're gonna break ground on a new practice facility for football in the summer, new DKR scoreboard, Disch additions, gonna try to  figure out a different solution for the National Champion VB program and oh yeah DKR is gonna have grass in 2026.

Surly- for the love of God, you need to fix the padding color around the field at DKR.

Is the DKR scoreboard the one that was posted here a year or two ago in the NEZ?

Also can the fucking Disch go to grass as well? Fucking turf in baseball is so lame....even more lame than football. GRASS AND REAL DIRT PLEASE! Since we went away from astro turf there is really no tactical advantage anymore that may have been. The CWS is played on dirt and grass so it actually may be a disadvantage.

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

gonna try to figure out a different solution for the National Champion VB program

What’s the problem with the volleyball program? Is the fan support outgrowing Gregory Gym? I love watching games there, but haven’t been in a few years.

On 11/30/2023 at 12:33 PM, 89Horn said:

I recall needing a history class.  Saw no line at all at the history table in the concourse.  Walked up and said I needed to sign up for the course.  I was told there was a wait line for the class and they pointed me towards inside of the arena.  Walked in and section 26 was pretty much filled with people waiting for the class.  

lou.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The Fletcher’s corndogs better be served in the dining hall for the suites. I don’t want to have to walk down and find a stand around you people on gameday. 

If you are eating a corn dog in a suite you are certainly a guest.  

• Haha 2