Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

I've got a couple friends who are still Trumpers.   I have asked them to admit it on tape, so I can play it back to their kids in 20 years.  So far none are willing to.  Sad!

Much like the Iraq War II and fake WMDs, nobody is gonna admit to supporting the Dotard.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, trauma babe said:

I mean, six inches isn't huge, but it's far from small. I think it's actually above the national average (something like 5.5" I think, last time I happened to see any numbers).

Boyfriend tell ya that?   Surly average is like 11.5.

Edited by Poolflood

I watched a few more episodes of the netflix documentary on him last night and it's amazing how much he has not changed a bit in the past 30 to 40 years in so many ways.  Same suits, same ridiculously long ties, the overcoat.  Same speech patterns and words.  Same approach to problems and deals.  I mean he is the same con artist narcissistic fool he has been for decades.   It's not like we didn't see it coming either, because no one seeks publicity like this moron.  Still he got elected.  

BTW John Barron wasn't his only alias, he was John Miller during the Marla Maples split when he supposedly stole Carla Bruni from Jagger. 

http://people.com/archive/return-engagement-vol-36-no-2/

That series is really good.  Points out so much his mentality of winning is everything.  You are either the victim or the victor.  He has to be the victor in every encounter.  And as long as the public sees him as a victor, then they will clamor for him, which in turn keeps him running.  He is truly the teflon don.  He keeps telling lies and enough people keep eating them up.   At some point though, you think he has to burn his last bridge.  Maybe the base he has now is the same way...they feel cornered and have no other options than to be white-knighted by the schoolyard bully.  They are too stupid to know how stupid he is, and so they keep being his victims. 

7 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

I've got a couple friends who are still Trumpers.   I have asked them to admit it on tape, so I can play it back to their kids in 20 years.  So far none are willing to.  Sad!

Much like the Iraq War II and fake WMDs, nobody is gonna admit to supporting the Dotard.  

Suspect

52 minutes ago, Dark Horse said:

Is that Netflix documentary worth a shit? I’m having a hard to bringing myself to watch it.

Well I think it's pretty good.   It is pretty repetitive of the Frontline piece done on Trump and HIllary.  This one is a little more in-depth.  But I will warn you that it is maddening.   It's like a huge flashback to the events that led to some great catastrophe and no one paid attention, or took it seriously, then it happened.   It makes you want to pull your hair out to think 30 to 40% of our population still doesn't see him for the huckster he is, and what it is doing to our country. 

8 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

It's like he knows Cohen is going to flip, so he is already floating the idea that Cohen will be lying when he flips.    The dotard always thinks its about verbal stuff, never considers other evidence.  

The most remarkable thing is EVERYONE has pretty much accepted Trump is a crook, including Trump.

Trump should be like, what do I care if Cohen flips? I have done nothing wrong. Bring it on.

But nope. 

• Like 1

Far too many people are focused on these two groups and their history over the past 5 years, when a part of me thinks they should be looking back to the early 1980s.  Look at the era from around 1981-1986
  • 1981 - Ronald Reagan takes office and is pushing to really ramp up the Cold War.  
  • 1981 - Country Boy Can Survive was released (Hank Williams Jr), and other similar songs with that same bent, along with plenty of patriotic songs (God Bless the USA was released in 1984).
  • 1981 - The whole "survivalist" pulp/book movement kicked into high gear - 1981 saw the launch of one of the better series, at least research-wise, The Survivalist series by Jerry Ahern.
  • 1983 - The Day After on ABC scared the shit out of a lot of people.
  • Military thrillers positing a war or at least heavy tension between US/NATO and the Soviet Union were extremely popular (Tom Clancy is a good example - Hunt for Red October was in 1984, Red Storm Rising in 1986)
  • Red Dawn was in 1984 
What else was happening during the above era?  The rise of televangelists.  They were already out there on satellite and cable TV in the 70s when the cable industry deregulated, but the 1980s saw an explosion in cable TV access and subscribers, allowing the televangelists to reach everywhere for far cheaper.  It's not a coincidence that Pat Robertson started the second network on basic cable in 1977.
And in mid-1980, CNN started, bringing world events into our homes 24/7, which made plenty of people somewhat paranoid.
Probably not related, but I just find the timing interesting.  The survivalist stuff was huge in the 1980s.  As a kid in Jr. High, I was collecting a lot of the pulp books in the early 90s when they were cheap as hell in the used book stores (Survivalist, Wingman, Doomsday Warrior, etc.).  I couldn't buy a Playboy, but nobody cared I bought that stuff.

I can’t believe you posted this wall of text and didn’t mention The Survivors. Possibly the best movie of 1983, and most certainly the best movie about survivalists in the history of ever.
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

I can’t believe you posted this wall of text and didn’t mention The Survivors. Possibly the best movie of 1983, and most certainly the best movie about survivalists in the history of ever.

Plus Trading Places, National Lampoon's Vacation, and Scarface.

1 hour ago, pyrohornIII said:

It's like he knows Cohen is going to flip, so he is already floating the idea that Cohen will be lying when he flips.    The dotard always thinks its about verbal stuff, never considers other evidence.  

I would love to play poker with Trump.  For somebody who thinks he’s a master dealmaker who always comes out on top, he telegraphs exactly what’s on his mind and what scares him. 

8 hours ago, Caracara said:

This lawsuit brought by the DNC seems like it has a lot of potential to backfire.  That said, the suit is the very representation of the biggest plank in establishment dem policy, so I guess they had to do it.

Yup. DNC has started the process of fucking this up. 

Edited by Rocko

10 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I would love to play poker with Trump.  For somebody who thinks he’s a master dealmaker who always comes out on top, he telegraphs exactly what’s on his mind and what scares him. 

Who better to sit down with Kim Jong-un and negotiate a nuke deal for breakfast.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Damn, I have to track this movie down.  

I like the 80s stuff.  Most of it was straight-up “war between the US and Soviets devastates civilization, we gotta load up on guns and hot women and head for the woods!”  The survivalist stuff these days is more sci-fi/comic books. 

2 minutes ago, JohnnyRage said:

Why not Keith Davidson the original lawyer who 'negotiated' for three women?

Davidson is not quoted in the Haberman NYT piece.  Stone and Nunberg are, and we know Nunberg history as far as drunken interviews with reporters.  

Guess he has already deleted these:

"The New York Times and a third rate reporter named Maggie Habberman, known as a Crooked H flunkie who I don’t speak to and have nothing to do with, are going out of their way to destroy Michael Cohen and his relationship with me in the hope that he will “flip.” They use....
....non-existent “sources” and a drunk/drugged up loser who hates Michael, a fine person with a wonderful family. Michael is a businessman for his own account/lawyer who I have always liked & respected. Most people will flip if the Government lets them out of trouble, even if....
....it means lying or making up stories. Sorry, I don’t see Michael doing that despite the horrible Witch Hunt and the dishonest media!"

For the critics of the DNC suit, I don’t any consequences for the democrats, political or otherwise.

They are putting their chips on the table and saying a few things.

1. GTFO Russia, we don’t want your help or your influence in our democracy.

2. Calling out Trump/GOP for their behavior with the Russian interference.

In fact, it’s kind of an insurance policy just in case Trump and the GOP successfully obstruct justice and derail the Mueller investigation.

My biggest fear was that the Russian influence operation was so powerful that the Democrats wouldn’t stand up to them for fear of retaliation via subversion.  It’s refreshing to see that’s not the case.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

For the critics of the DNC suit, I don’t any consequences for the democrats, political or otherwise m.

They are putting their chips on the table and saying a few things.

1. GTFO Russia, we don’t want your help or your influence in our democracy.

2. Calling out Trump/GOP for their behavior with the Russian interference.

In fact, it’s kind of an insurance policy just in case Trump and the GOP successfully obstruct justice and derail the Mueller investigation.

My biggest fear was that the Russian influence operation was so powerful that the Democrats wouldn’t stand up to them for fear of retaliation via subversion.  It’s refreshing to see that’s not the case.

Anything that produces more discovery is a good thing.