The Trump + Covid thread

Gil Bang

Hahaha he wasn't going home? Just an infected person with a virus that has killed 210,000 people since March out taking a joy ride. Maybe they stopped for McDonalds?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this experience isn't going to change him one bit. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

to be fair to Trump, that's probably all his valet packed him was his usual ensemble.  The same generously cut suits with the same Trump-brand white dress shirts which are tailored to allow his thryoid-labia to comfortably sit atop his buttoned collar.  He's not wearing a tie obviously, and I don't think any of us fault him for that...he's in hospital...he should be even more casual than this.  I'm sure the cuff links have proven fun for his charge nurse to take on/off.  But if we're honest, he looks good there.  He looks like a normal old guy.  Hair's a little silly, but he doesn't appear to be a muppet undergoing water-boarding.  

21 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

We owe Jennifer Jacobs of Bloomberg News a pretty big pat on the back it seems. I think I read she's the one who broke the story?

She cracked the code on Hope Hicks' positive test.  That's what got the ball rolling.

9 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Odds that he recorded that video around the same time as the photos of him signing blank papers? 80% or higher? Keep the b roll in the can & break it out when you need it.

That shit was all filmed a couple days ago.  No way he’d wear the exact same stuff the exact same way 3 days in a row.  He’s known for throwing his dirty clothes on the floor.

2 hours ago, Pancho said:

This doc is on MSNBC a lot.  I like both him and Sanjay

We have a Gupta consensus. I loved my primary care guy, another Dr. Gupta. Now Sanjay and Vin are as one. There can be little doubt, now.

The shit is serious. Unless the G in GRHorn stands for Gupta, I'm leaning towards Donald being fucked. Too bad, but he should at least get it as bad as anyone he caused to be infected if there's any poetic justice in the world. 

Now that I think about it, that would be a death sentence if you take the deaths he could have prevented. Oh well, poetry will have little to do with what happens. He's been remarkably lucky so far in his villainous life.

1 hour ago, horncyclist said:

George Conway had tweeted this was inaccurate and they were still awaiting results. But I can't find it now so maybe  Claudia got hers first? Also, continues to blow my mind George and Kelly Anne continue to live together.

Before I would have thought it was a mutual decision for the sake of the kid.  But there's an argument to be made that their negligence could kill Claudia, so I dunno.  

3 hours ago, Mdhorn said:

How's that fake news for the Republicans today?  Trump all better from his hoax scare?  He should be denied hospital treatment since it involves science and he's just got a cold.  Oh wait, the folks that didn't care about 200k+ dead from COVID now seem to care a whole lot.  Maybe the doc should jokingly tell him to take bleach.  Think he and his followers would find it funny?  Anybody doing Trump Covid impressions like he did of Biden and the disabled reporter?  Yeah, the president of the United States did all of this but we're supposed to be concerned and observe decorum because decency.  Meanwhile they're trying to hammer home their Justice pick regardless of decorum, self quarantines and decency.  Guess who's going to win out here?  Is that good?  I hear it's better to go high when being bent over and grabbed by the pussy.  The fact we're in.a situation where we're on the fence regarding decency is a testament to the shittiness of the GOP and this administration.  Because I really want to treat them the way they treat us, with no regard.  I think we're entitled to it after 4 years.  Meanwhile, let's get back to the voter suppression apparatus that this walking sputtering piece of fetid fecal matter unleashed on a Democracy and let's wish him well so he can get back to destroying America.   The doc should have given him a spread of chik fil a, Burger King and McDonalds.  Eat up buddy, this is the spread you provided champions.  Biden was wrong, he's not just the worst president of all time, he's also one of the worst Americans.  Yeah, get well later, like in December.  DOTARD can't protect his own house, staff and party, unfit for office jackass.   

Quoted just to keep this post alive in this thread. Great capsule. Well done, sir.

• Hook 'Em 1

While we were watching all this, I received word via a runner from the coast. There are strange wooden houses, floating on the waves. There are white billows above them, like clouds. Men have descended from them, and come ashore. Strange men, pale of skin, with hairy faces and voices like the barking of dogs. They wear hard clothing that shines in the sun, and they ride giant deer. When we approached, they held up a stick, and the noise of thunder sprang forth.

We fled. Surely this is a time of prophesy.

Edited by RDCanecutter
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

The video was edited.  A whole shitload of people pointed out where it was edited, and what tool was used to cover the missing frames (morphing tool).

We are in 2020.  The video editing companies have made their tools easy enough to use for the fuckton of YouTubers with very little formal video editing education.  They are able to do the same effects with a cheap laptop that Dan Scavino or whoever did.  It's not rocket science, and nobody is splicing physical film.  It's about 30 seconds in Adobe Premiere - select the part you want to cut out, apply the morph to the frames on either side of the cut, and it's done.  And you could probably even do it with an iPad or iPhone, given how fancy the tools have gotten.

spacer.png

I would have said they made his hands larger and the folders give it away. The suggestion that he does work is always a setup.  I would have added a random catsup bottle on his desk along with some lines of Adderall, an overturned, empty bottle of Viagara, a gas mask and a photo of Putin.  You know, all the things in his head I would have laid out on the table.  

38 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

HEY HEY HEY let's keep our eye on the ball.  The real problem is the libtards who didn't offer "thoughts and prayers".

I got some thoughts and prayers.

Psalm 109 for him.

A second paragraph of the Weigel article cited earlier. 

Perdue seemed to be telling a joke -- he started his next sentence with "in all seriousness" -- but Psalm 109 has repeatedly gotten Republicans in trouble during the Obama era. Bumper stickers reading "Pray for Obama: Psalm 109:8" appeared during the first year of his presidency, and from time to time, government officials have apologized or been laid off after citing it.

• immamac changed the title to The Trump + Covid thread