The Trump + Covid thread

Gil Bang

Just now, Hank Kingsley said:

Hoooolllly shit 

He will ‘be conducting business there’.  We will know when we see a bunch of ridiculous tweets off the shitter.  
Also, bet all your money that quack Ronny Jackson, who says he has no comorbidities, will have absolutely nothing to do with his treatment.  

• Hook 'Em 1

So Ronny Jackson says the President is "completely asymptomatic" despite the President's White House physician's office saying he has mild symptoms and had to clear his entire schedule?  Admiral Jackson (Captain Jackson, if you're nasty) has forgotten more medicine than I'll ever learn.  But he may wanna tap the brakes on sending out conflicting messages on day #1 of the President's quarantine.  Especially as a career Naval Medical & Intelligence Officer.  Unless this is some brilliant disinformation plan on his part.  

Also, Admiral Jackson announces that President has no comorbidities.  Which is weird because Jackson was the Physician who tried to originally get Trump to change up his diet a bit, for the healthier.  

Also, "Well Over" means more than half.  So he thinks that 99.5%+ of people 75 and over recover from the virus.  We know that is absolutely not the case.  This man's service to the Navy was so damn impressive.  He's just doing this shit to win a Congressional seat and it's a disgrace to the uniform

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

That’s what they should do regardless of his condition.  

Yeah, you move him to the presidential suite at walter reed. This is a no brainer. You can do a lot in a medical suite in the WH, but if shit turns quick much better to be on site at WR. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Any of y'all remember Konstantin Chernenko?  I do....because I'm still really fucking bitter about how I placed in an extemperaneous speech contest the year he died.  My topic was "discuss the importance of new general secretary of the USSR Chernenko."  At that time, he had been out of view with a Russian "cold" for weeks.  So, my opening line and my entire thesis was "the most important thing about Konstantin Chernenko is that he is dead, and he will have a successor very soon.  So let's talk about who that might be, and what it might mean for the USSR."  That successor?  Gorbachev.  Motherfuckers gave me third place because I "focused too much on the fact that he was likely dead."  It was literally the ONLY RELEVANT FACT, GODDAMIT.  

Not that I'm bitter, or anything.

But yes, this illness may well be managed very similar to how a closed, autocratic government would handle it....because that's what we have in the executive branch right now.

Just now, hookem17 said:

They’re taking him to Walter Reed. 

Hobida shibida.  They aren't messing around.  I mean, for a normal POTUS, this would be a smart move, and communicated as such -- "the president's health is always a serious matter, and we are taking every precaution, including getting all appropriate tests from the fine staff at Walter Reed."  But knowing this admin, and his psychoses and vanity.....this likely means that he's already pretty damned sick.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Anastasis said:

Yeah, I wouldn't read anything into the transfer to WR regarding severity of his symptoms. I think it is the prudent move. 

Yep.  If he just had loss of smell/taste stay at home.  If he’s got a low grade fever, it doesn’t mean he’s dying, but at least have him there as a precaution.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

‘Work’ for this president is sending tweets off the toilet...

speaking of tweets - i think it's ominous that he hasn't tweeted in a while. If he were really experiencing "just a cold" he'd be tweeting about how he was going to kick COVID's ass and firing up his supporters. He's gone radio silent.

Just now, The Dog said:

speaking of tweets - i think it's ominous that he hasn't tweeted in a while. If he were really experiencing "just a cold" he'd be tweeting about how he was going to kick COVID's ass and firing up his supporters. He's gone radio silent.

You try to tweet while working a desk lamp up your ass.  They need to get that done at WR but once they flip the switch on he’ll be good as god damn new.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

We haven’t had a president die in office in a while. Maybe there will be a swing toward younger, healthier candidates instead of septuagenarians In the future. They’ve been running, but they aren’t getting the support these last two elections. Might be time to factor that in, unless we are all cool with the succession. 

There have been several folks on both CNN and MSNBC who have talked about the line of succession and many of them stated that it’s not clear who becomes VP if Pence takes over or even if Nancy takes over.

One guy even stated that if it worked out a certain way, Pompeo could have a say in him becoming one of them (I can’t remember since the segment was earlier today).

What do the legal bros say here?

Not sure if there should be a “Potential Line of Succession” Game Thread or not, especially if trump dies right before the election. 

Just now, Pancho said:

There have been several folks on both CNN and MSNBC who have talked about the line of succession and many of them stated that it’s not clear who becomes VP if Pence takes over or even if Nancy takes over.

One guy even stated that if it worked out a certain way, Pompeo could have a say in him becoming one of them (I can’t remember since the segment was earlier today).

Not sure if there should be a “Potential Line of Succession” Game Thread or not, especially if trump dies right before the election. 

There is no clear line of succession for VP. Per the 25th the President nominates someone and both houses confirm.

Think I just heard on CNN that he hasn’t tweeted in 16 hours — doesn’t that take us back to the tweet announcing he and Melania tested positive.

Just now, Pancho said:

Are there multiple ways that Trump dying in office, right before the election, could set off a massive, destabilizing constitutional crisis?  Yes, yes there are!

Remember kids, the only rule of the year 2020, in the era of the Trump regime is "imagine the worst-case scenario.....and that's what will happen."  If there's a way for Trump dying in office to make things WORSE....then that's what will happen.

• immamac changed the title to The Trump + Covid thread