The Trump + Covid thread

Gil Bang

21 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Wait a minute ... are you all saying that Trump KNEW that he was positive and STILL met with donors or that he knew that he was exposed and still met with donors. There's a big difference there, I think.

According to the doctor’s timeline he knew he was positive 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, mchookem said:

i mean, it's a pretty safe bet he wouldn't be worse...

12 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Anyone trying to sell crazy on Darth Pence can fuck off. If you're more scared of him than Donald you're a professional pants-wetter.

Forreals. Do you really believe we'd be replacing the worst president in the history of the United States with somebody that's even worse?

10 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

And now was acknowledged the presence of the Red Death. He had come like a thief in the night. And one by one dropped the revellers in the blood-bedewed halls of their revel, and died each in the despairing posture of his fall. 

Covid-19 Live Updates: Trump’s Symptoms Are Said to Be ‘Very Concerning’

The president, at the Walter Reed military hospital, is “improving,” Dr. Sean Conley said in an optimistic assessment that raised questions about when the virus was diagnosed. But he declined to provide many specifics, including about whether Mr. Trump had ever received supplemental oxygen.

It’s not about replacing it’s also about enemies trying to take advantage with the chaos. It’s also about invoking the 25th and the transition. Whether that happens too late and whether before Trump is unable to make decisions. He’s a shit show yeah, this isn’t making it better.

2 minutes ago, troph said:

It’s not about replacing it’s also about enemies trying to take advantage with the chaos. It’s also about invoking the 25th and the transition. Whether that happens too late and whether before Trump is unable to make decisions. He’s a shit show yeah, this isn’t making it better.

Conway (George) and some others are speculating about that right now and whether that off the record by Meadows was what was going on (25th). It's a shame that our trust in the Administration is zero.

Also questions about whether trump administration ever prepared for this, other administrations did and do but if they aren’t ready that can be a problem - chaos and discord could occur making it even harder for the clown car to govern. In retrospect it might not be a big deal but going into it we can’t assume it’s great news.

5 minutes ago, troph said:

But isn’t the theory you and @BrickHorn are floating that the chaos is intentional and that it somehow...something (I can’t even complete the sentence, I have no idea what the theory actually is)?

trust me, our adversaries are perfectly content watching us circle the drain. They don’t need to do a single thing, and they certainly aren’t so stupid as to attack us while we draw our last breaths.

But isn’t the theory you and [mention=1645]BrickHorn[/mention] are floating that the chaos is intentional and that it somehow...something (I can’t even complete the sentence, I have no idea what the theory actually is)?

trust me, our adversaries are perfectly content watching us circle the drain. They don’t need to do a single thing, and they certainly aren’t so stupid as to attack us while we draw our last breaths.

I’m not fully endorsing that. Since then the leaks have been impressive. I think Trump would like it tightened and only good or cautiously optimistic news coming from WR but the wake here of WH leaks is probably sabotaging that. The standard play book is to shut down all leaks and have nothing to verify. Leaving only speculation.

A counter intel operation would be “everything is fine” and it’s not but they don’t have enough loyalty in the WH for that.

My point is this is a crisis and not some automatic good thing. That’s all.

4 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

But isn’t the theory you and @BrickHorn are floating that the chaos is intentional and that it somehow...something (I can’t even complete the sentence, I have no idea what the theory actually is)?

Yeah, saying "his staff is trying to confuse our adversaries for security purposes" while also believing that's he in worse health than being admitted kinda blows up the whole point of the theory. 

14 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

You don’t understand the basic concept of counterintelligence? Of strategically putting out disinformation? Or do you not understand that the health of the President of the United States is a critical piece of strategic information?

1 minute ago, BrickHorn said:

You don’t understand the basic concept of counterintelligence? Of strategically putting out disinformation? Or do you not understand that the health of the President of the United States is a critical piece of strategic information?

What is the strategic disinformation being floated for security purposes?

3 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

What is the strategic disinformation being floated for security purposes?

The administration is sending mixed messages regarding timeline, status, and treatment. It’s white noise. Makes it more difficult to detect the signal (true story).

I don’t want Trump to die.  We need him to be on the ballot when the GOP gets skull fucked this fall.

I don’t want him to die either. I’d rather have him linger for years, disabled but completely aware as his “wealth” is destroyed, assets foreclosed and seized, and children imprisoned.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, BrickHorn said:

The administration is sending mixed messages regarding timeline, status, and treatment. It’s white noise. Makes it more difficult to detect the signal (true story).

And based off this info you've said you personally believe he's in declining health, and possibly incapacitated. So why wouldn't our adversaries think the same? 

Just now, BrickHorn said:

Lol man. This isn’t some 4D chess move strategically deployed to protect national security interests. It’s just another day in Trumpville. They roll out some chump that lies to the public, then a bunch of leaks occur that are all “yeah, that was bullshit.”

there isn’t some counter intelligence master play at work here. It’s just a bunch of lying pieces of shit doing their master’s dirty work while trying to protect themselves as best they can.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Hank Kingsley said:

And based off this info you've said you personally believe he's in declining health, and possibly incapacitated. So why wouldn't our adversaries think the same? 

I could be wrong. It’s hard to tell, because the information is all over the map. So I’m guessing. And that’s the point.

13 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

This isn’t some 4D chess move strategically deployed to protect national security interests.

It’s not Trump calling these shots and I’m not claiming it’s some Scott Adams 4D chess game by the administration. This is standard counterintelligence. I don’t understand how you can’t grasp the concept that the health of the President of the United States is a critical piece of strategic information and that our military and intelligence agencies would, during a Presidential health crisis, put out chaff to keep our adversaries guessing until the situation is stable.

This shit isn’t new. When Reagan was suffering dementia, US intelligence put out rumors that he was insane. The Russians did the same shit with Krushchev. 

On the other hand, what’s your explanation for an array of doctors telling us the prez is healthy as a horse followed immediately by the president’s staff quietly telling the media he’s fucked? How does that make any sense, even accounting for Trump admin dumbfuckery.

Edited by BrickHorn

• immamac changed the title to The Trump + Covid thread