A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

43 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

The Senate Report is a fun read. 

https://www.intelligence.senate.gov/sites/default/files/documents/report_volume5.pdf

"Manafort' s influence work for Deripaska was, in effect, influence work for the Russian government and its interest"

"Manafort hired and worked increasingly closely with a Russian national, Konstantin Kilimnik. Kilimnik is a Russian intelligence officer. Kilimnik became an integral part of Manafort's operations in Ukraine and Russia, serving as Manafort's primary liaison to Deripaska and eventually managing Manafort's office in Kyiv. Kilimnik and Manafort formed a close and lasting relationship that endured to the 2016 U.S. elections. and beyond"

Trump is such a cheap bitch

"In Manafort's email transmitting one such set of talking points to Barrack, Manafort highlighted that the role he envisioned for himself would be "convention manager, non paid." Barrack later recalled that the issue of payment was important because "Trump wasn't interested in paying anybody for those positions."  Barrack recalled that Manafort's offering to work for free "were the magic words."

You should really listen to the Behind the Bastards episodes on Paul Manafort, he goes into detail on the history there. It may surprise you to learn that he's been in the ratfucking business since 1980 with Stone and associates

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

Pretty sure I’ve read 95% of the stuff out there on Manafort and among Trump’s clown car of criminals/associates, Manafort was both the most intelligent and dangerous. His indictment and charging documents are great reads on what he was doing in Ukraine. Dude is on another level of sinister.  I can’t believe he’s just out there somewhere walking around a free man.  

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Blotto said:

Lulz at Trump just spending his days calling sympathetic D-list celebrities and ranting about Biden/Hillary/Obama/Deep state......"oh sorry John, I gotta run, I have a conference call with Kirk Cameron, Randy Quaid, and the Nuge". 

Diamond and Silk on line 1, gotta run!

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Blotto said:

Lulz at Trump just spending his days calling sympathetic D-list celebrities and ranting about Biden/Hillary/Obama/Deep state......"oh sorry John, I gotta run, I have a conference call with Kirk Cameron, Randy Quaid, and the Nuge". 

And he has to wrap that up in time to tee off with Scott baio, jon voight, and Kanye west

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2022/03/05/truth-social-emptiness-donald-trump-00014355

Around 9:02 a.m. on Friday, an unexpected flash of purple appeared on my iPhone’s lock-screen.

“Your wait is over! Tap here to start using Truth Social.”

Tap I did, and inside the new social media platform created by the former president, I found a nearly exact dupe of Donald Trump’s first love, Twitter, the site that kicked him out more than a year ago.

Jimmy Carter built houses with Habitat for Humanity. George W. Bush learned to paint. Barack Obama hung out with Bruce Springsteen. And Donald Trump, 45th president of the United States, created his own alternate online universe for the MAGA-loving, Big Tech-hating common man. After months of hype, the site was here — and it looked a lot like the thing it’s supposed to replace.

Inside Truth Social, everything once blue was now a bright, jewel-toned purple. Tweets, a.k.a. posts, were now “Truths.” Retweets were now “ReTruths,” capital T. And above my username, I saw the site’s default avatar: Twitter’s cream-colored egg icon, the image given to all new users, had apparently given birth to a proud purple eagle. The rest of the site appeared familiar: Replies were still replies. Likes were still likes. Direct messages, still in development, were still direct messages. And Donald Trump was still @realDonaldTrump — followed, as of this writing, by 140,000 people, a tiny fraction of his onetime total audience on Twitter. Only one Truth appeared on his page: “Get Ready! Your favorite President will see you soon!” he wrote two weeks ago, before the app’s launch. The Truth displayed 7,750 ReTruths, 30,500 likes and 4,700 replies. (Inexplicably, unlike replies on other user posts, none of the responses to Trump’s message were visible to me.)

trump-image-from-ios-1-1.png

Spoiler

In my inbox, an unsigned email welcomed me to “our Truth Seeking community.”

Most people are still awaiting entry to this purple-shaded landscape. Eleven days after its launch on Feb. 21, timed for the indistinct federal holiday that is President’s Day, I was welcomed to Donald Trump’s new online home after holding the 169,685th spot on the waitlist. (The line is hundreds of thousands of users long, according to other people waiting to get in.)

The site promises a safe space for “free expression,” encouraging of “all viewpoints,” according to the welcome email, “as we do not discriminate against political ideology.” But inside the app, digital tumbleweeds blew through my feed. The site is a bit slow, and a bit empty. Its stalled roll-out, led by Devin Nunes, the Trump supporter and former Republican congressman from California, has become a source of frustration and confusion in MAGA-world, according to my colleague Meridith McGraw. Republican lawmakers like Marjorie Taylor Greene and Matt Gaetz and Kevin McCarthy already have accounts and appear to be posting similar or identical content to both Truth Social and Twitter, along with right-leaning platforms like Gettr and Parler. (Apparently, no one is quite ready to turn their backs on an actual audience yet.) But when they do finally get their welcome emails, the thousands of regular Trump fans still waiting in line, eager for their chance to search for truth, will find a Twitter knock-off with no immediately discernible improvement on the original — a vanity project that has yet to prove its utility.

Put simply, there isn’t much happening on the site.

After setting up my profile under my name, a list of suggested users appeared on the screen: Donald Trump held the number one spot, followed by pages for Truth Social, the NFL, USA Military News, the Daily Mail, Sean Hannity, Kyle Rittenhouse and an account for paranormal news and discussion.

Scrolling down, I saw ordinary users and trolls on the list: @CreepyJeffBezos, @HypocriteTrudeau, @FakeHunterBiden (bio: “Celebrating Hunter Biden’s love for art, prostitutes, and laptops”).

As I scrolled through the list, another notification popped up at the top of my phone. My first follow! “LET’S GO BRANDON TOKEN ($LGBT) is now following you,” the app informed me. Tapping on the page, I found an account promoting some kind of new crypto offering, the Let’s Go Brandon Token, also described by the anonymous user as “THE PEOPLE’S TOKEN.”

mag-image-from-ios-1-1.png

Minutes later, my second Truth Social follow came, hitting the full spectrum of Trump enemies, lest we forget 2016. “HilaryHater [sic] is now following you,” the notification read. The account’s avatar showed Hillary Clinton sitting on a witch’s broom, flying past a purple-shaded Earth. “Father of 4 grown men,” the bio explained. “Couldn’t be prouder of not having snowflakes for kids.” I followed both accounts back, hoping to strike up some engagement.

On Truth Social’s own account page, @truthsocial, site administrators advised users to please be patient as the platform continued to move through its waitlist and address tech bugs and inconsistencies. The site is the marquee offering of Trump’s tech venture, Trump Media & Technology Group, founded last year as part of a SPAC deal, with $1 billion from undisclosed investors, according to the company (which is now reportedly under investigation by federal regulators). Truth Social’s page is filled with memes: a car veering off the highway, away from a sign for “Big Tech” to an exit ramp for “Truth Social”; two doors, one for Twitter, showing a vacant room, another for “Truth Social,” with dozens of people trying to get in. But from the inside, Truth Social feels empty.

The most vigorous conversation on the site seems to be the entirely made-up one that appeared on the mock-ups before the launch. In the images available on the Apple app store, an account called @jack is seen corresponding with a man named Rick, making conversation like “What’s your favorite place to go in the world? You won’t believe how beautiful Jamaica is.” Another mock-up, demonstrating the yet to be unveiled direct message feature, shows @jack asking someone named @jane to ask Truth Social’s moderation team to take down an offensive account. “Are you sure you want to do that?” @jane replies. “I mean it’s a pretty big deal censoring that content. Kinda an overreach… right?” In the mock-up @jack (perhaps a reference to Twitter’s founder, Jack Dorsey) writes back, “JUST TAKE IT DOWN!” with a red-faced angry emoji. What the mock-up was meant to demonstrate — a user experience free of censorship, or safe moderation — is unclear. But on the site, there was little engagement between users. In response to a post from Nunes advising “another day with more people joining the platform,” 149 replies included messages of encouragement. “Making Social Media Great Again!” one user said. “It’s already better than Twitter if anyone can read this message!!” said another.

ruby-image-from-ios-2-2.jpg

Dan Scavino, Trump’s former deputy chief of staff, appears to be one of the most active users on the site, with 74 Truths and counting. At the bottom of his feed, his first post on the site, published about two weeks ago, showed a picture of a blood-red wave crashing violently on the sea. Above a row of emojis — red heart, white heart, blue heart, American flag, flying eagle — Scavino wrote, “THERE ARE MORE OF US — THAN THERE ARE OF THEM!”

Around 10 a.m., I Truthed my first Truth.

“Anybody out there?” I wrote.

By the end of the day, no one had responded.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, AnTiM said:

Thing that amazes me is that trump can be so fkn insane and still get so many people to believe his lying mouth.

American politics are a team sport. It doesn’t matter what the team captains says, what matters is beating the other team. 

Russia was smart to take advantage of this. They didn’t need to divide and conquer. America already divided itself into two teams. They just needed to corrupt one of the teams and wag the dog. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

11 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

OMG, I've been so wrong for so long. He is indeed a genius. How did I not see it before? How I wish I could go back and change my vote. Trumpers on Surly, how do I join? I'm going out today and find a Trump flag to fly, and a MAGA hat to wear. 

Edited by Mo Horn

John Bolton:  Trump was going to try to pull the U.S. out of NATO if he'd won a second term.  You know, after however many months its been, it's nice to see Bolton, Bill Barr etc... telling the truth about Trump when there are absolutely no repurcussions to themselves, but it would have been much more patriotic had they warned us, you know, at the actual time this was taking place.

1 hour ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

John Bolton:  Trump was going to try to pull the U.S. out of NATO if he'd won a second term.  You know, after however many months its been, it's nice to see Bolton, Bill Barr etc... telling the truth about Trump when there are absolutely no repurcussions to themselves, but it would have been much more patriotic had they warned us, you know, at the actual time this was taking place.

Two problems with that idea. It would’ve hurt the Party and also had a negative impact on their book sales.

5 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

The schemes that he thinks will work on others are a real insight into how truly stupid he is.

"Here's what we do...we tell the tax collector that they building is worth much less than it really is, and we tell the banks that it's worth much more".

Ivanka, Eric and Junior:  "Dad, that's genius". 

• Rage+1 1

5 hours ago, Mo Horn said:

OMG, I've been so wrong for so long. He is indeed a genius. How did I not see it before? How I wish I could go back and change my vote. Trumpers on Surly, how do I join? I'm going out today and find a Trump flag to fly, and a MAGA hat to wear. 

They know he's a fucking moron.  They've just convinced themselves that Dems are somehow worse.  It's completely illogical, but their egos can't take admitting that they were wrong.  It's sick and sad, really.

• Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

"Here's what we do...we tell the tax collector that they building is worth much less than it really is, and we tell the banks that it's worth much more".

Ivanka, Eric and Junior:  "Dad, that's genius". 

No one has ever thought of this!  Surely not the IRS or congress!  It's fool proof!

Mark Meadows, Trump's campaign manager and one of the most vociferous advocates of the idea that there was massive voter fraud that led to Trump's defeat, committed voter fraud by listing his home address as a mobile home in North Carolina that he never owned. 

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/why-did-mark-meadows-register-to-vote-at-an-address-where-he-did-not-reside

Because of course he did.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

5 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Mark Meadows, Trump's campaign manager and one of the most vociferous advocates of the idea that there was massive voter fraud that led to Trump's defeat, committed voter fraud by listing his home address as a mobile home in North Carolina that he never owned. 

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/why-did-mark-meadows-register-to-vote-at-an-address-where-he-did-not-reside

Because of course he did.

Every accusation is a confession. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Two problems with that idea. It would’ve hurt the Party and also had a negative impact on their book sales.

I watched that and got the impression he might have been paying attention to his job over his career.  But, gotta have those book sales.

12 hours ago, Bullneck said:

Reposted for the comment.

knowing there are people that willingly fork over their money in large sums to someone with ideas this stupid, I really need the email list of those dumbasses.  I’ve got an NFT project of MAGA Gun Eagle Jesus Penguins ready to mint and I don’t want  them to miss out on the initial offering of 1 bazillion dollars per whatever.

Edited by Fudge Nuggets
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bookman said:

Some do, but the vast, vast majority of Trump supporters think he's smart, and strong, and a successful businessman.

It's truly bizarre.

At a 2 family vacation about a year ago, the other wife told me that trump may not be the guy you want to have a beer with but he is the guy you want running your business. 
I was about to ask her which of his bankruptcies convinced her of that when her husband suggested no politics talk during the trip. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 4

27 minutes ago, Bookman said:

Some do, but the vast, vast majority of Trump supporters think he's smart, and strong, and a successful businessman.

It's truly bizarre.

Most people lack critical thinking skills, aka most people are fucking morons. That’s not bizarre. It’s a fact. Humans are blinded by their own humanity. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/4/2022 at 10:49 AM, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

goddamn if that doesn't just scream charisma and machismo. he is all that is man, and if we are lucky, all men will look like this one day

Sick Vomit GIF by CBS

I mean, this is that grimy fat pimp's taste in interior decoration.

trump-tower-penthouse-sofa-PENTHOUSE1116I didn't really think interior architecture could be emasculating.  Until I saw that.

Edited by TwiceHorn

9 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

At a 2 family vacation about a year ago, the other wife told me that trump may not be the guy you want to have a beer with but he is the guy you want running your business. 
I was about to ask her which of his bankruptcies convinced her of that when her husband suggested no politics talk during the trip. 

Seems to me the husband IS the guy you want to have a beer with but the wife is not the gal you want running your business her mouth.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

I mean, this is that grimy fat pimp's taste in interior decoration.

I didn't really think interior architecture could be emasculating.  Until I saw that.

It's a grifter's concept of what Versailles or Catherine Palace would be were he king or tsar, which in his mind, he is. Didn't end well for the former owners of those residences, so perhaps there is hope?

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement