Texas man charged with murder after shooting someone in a car outside his home. He told police it was self-defense

purplepride95

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

Dude saw a brown and an opportunity to get his Trump on. A car just sitting there even if it’s in your driveway is not a threat. Grabbed his gun and was ready to fire. The guy tried to escape because he correctly saw a maniac with a gun coming to kill him but was killed before he could escape. He stone cold murdered the guy.

OvTfIdkp1HfiRhhRYW1ObtvyLJ1U3BOV-QCwdwA7

• Hook 'Em 1

I'm pleasantly surprised they arrested this guy. But I wouldn't be surprised if his arrest was more than processing and immediately allowed him to post bail. After all, its not like he's a danger to anyone.

Small town, Caldwell county, old white shooter, dead non-white guy. My guess is that he doesn't serve a day in prison. Maybe, just maybe the DA will require a year in county jail to agree to a plea.

I'm ok with protecting your property especially at night but as soon as you take a step in chasing a fleeing person I think that legal protection is gone.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, purplepride95 said:

The Caldwell County Sheriff's Office defended its work in a statement Friday, saying, "Detectives have worked tirelessly on this case since the incident occurred on October 11th, 2021. Detectives have conducted multiple interviews and executed multiple search warrants in the course of this investigation."

image.jpeg.947cc237057e493619e3b0cb9c4f548f.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 3

We know the Caldwell sheriff didn't arrest the guy that night. What do we think the chances are if the sheriff/deputies even confiscated the gun that night/morning? My guess is that they probably took the gun as evidence but perhaps let the accused keep it if they knew him. Maybe 70% they took the gun as evidence.

Is there any doubt the victim would still be alive had the homeowner simply turned on an outdoor porch light or a bright interior light when he noticed the car parked outside?

If the unarmed victim truly was there casing the place, he instantly knows the homeowner is aware of his presence & leaves. But of course, Joe This Is My Rifle This Is My Gun homeowner isn't gonna give this obvious burglar a chance to break into some else's home, so the only course of action is to grab a pistol, run out into the dark, bang on the window of the car as it drives off, and then shoot at the driver. Oh yeah, when you call 911 make sure you claim that the driver pulled a (non-existent) gun on you.

And Brisket's right. If this is tried in Caldwell County and you get a single Slorch on the jury (more likely 75% are slorchian) the shooter walks.

• Hook 'Em 2

23 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:
56 minutes ago, HenryJames said:
Imagining the Twilight Zone episode where [mention=354]slorch[/mention] is trapped in a self-driving car that repeatedly pulls into driveways at 3am.

In this episode is he also a brown with a foreign accent?

He's Patrick Mahomes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

I watched one of the clips on KVUE on this, and it looks like this Turner guy lived at 101 Tina's Trail in Martindale, which is on a cul-de-sac.  

Martindale neighborhood

I highly doubt the guy actually parked in Turner's driveway - he probably just was parked in the cul-de-sac.  This whole fucking thing stinks.  Poor guy probably decided to pull off the road to rest his eyes (it was like 3am in the morning), and decided not to do it on the main highway because, having an off-white skin tone, he knew the Caldwell County sheriff would have fucked with him.  The lesson here is just don't stop in bumble-fuck Texas if you're not completely white.

You peeps are so quick to jump to conclusions.  All you really need to do is apply basic deductive reasoning to see what really happened here.

Homeowner is a cook you see.  He's got a meth lab in his garage.  Sheriff is part of the ring.  He's not happy that production is going to take a hit now.  But Sheriff can't fault the homeowner.  You see a brown dude casing the lab, you have to assume the Columbians found you.  Better to shoot first and nip that problem in the bud.

7 minutes ago, Gap03 said:

I watched one of the clips on KVUE on this, and it looks like this Turner guy lived at 101 Tina's Trail in Martindale, which is on a cul-de-sac.  

Martindale neighborhood

I highly doubt the guy actually parked in Turner's driveway - he probably just was parked in the cul-de-sac.  This whole fucking thing stinks.  Poor guy probably decided to pull off the road to rest his eyes (it was like 3am in the morning), and decided not to do it on the main highway because, having an off-white skin tone, he knew the Caldwell County sheriff would have fucked with him.  The lesson here is just don't stop in bumble-fuck Texas if you're not completely white.

Worse then I expected. This is Murder. I was expecting some long unpaved driveway off a country road.

We live on 1.5 acres that is a triangle.  The other afternoon on a Sunday, someone pulled on to the northern part of the triangle that is open, got out of their truck and pissed against the fence.  I was mad, but I didn't know I should have shot him.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, kevwun said:

No shoot where the victim is retreating without having harmed you or your property is justifiable.  This guy had no reason to fear for his life.

Of course not. This fucking pussy probably spends all day listening to Fox News about how the darkies are taking over the country, and is using the castle doctrine to get his Trump on. 

23 minutes ago, purplepride95 said:

Worse then I expected. This is Murder. I was expecting some long unpaved driveway off a country road.

Yeah thats more populated than I expected. I wonder if there is any ring/security camera footage from surrounding homes that will provide additional context on what went down. Neighbors probably already deleted it, if so.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Blotto said:

Yup, every now and then I think he's coming around a bit, but then he slorch's shit up like this and proves he's the same ignorant right-wing, "muh guns", piece of shit he's always been. Anybody that defends this act based on the info presented in thread is certifiably insane. Dude was a 31 year old with a masters in financial analysis, and no criminal record I could find (just internet search), so I'm going to guess he probably wasn’t embarking on his criminal career that night. And yet slorch thinks just pulling off the road onto private property is justification for killing a guy, who didn’t even get out of his car. We only get one side of the story because the other guy is dead, and the side we do get has already been tainted by the lie of "he pointed a gun at me" (narrator...there was no gun). Holy fucking shit, just owning property and a gun doesn't give you the right to kill anyone that steps foot on your property.

You clearly don't Texas, bro.  I'm fucking serious.  A metric shit-ton of Texans feel that EXACT way.  See posts on this very thread.

This guy walks, because it just takes one Slorch on the jury.

And by the way, everything we feared about the "stand your ground" law - that it would ENCOURAGE people to kill others simply because they were on your property, and you had no duty to investigate, retreat, or use lethal means?  They've happened, are happening, and will continue to happen.

Come on now, the plaintiff has to deal with the threat of a delicious tacqueria a mere half mile from his house! The migrants are already taking over! If he doesn't stand his ground who's to say when an auto body shop, a nail salon or--GASP--a mosque opens in Martindale? 3d1d0aba3b10ab3f428d8ed8a4fccecf.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, WBT said:

f that speedtrap piece of shit

It's actually not a speedtrap any more since that state law withholding funds from municipalities that get more than X% of their revenue from traffic tickets was passed.  But they still have the same absurdly low speed limits through town on a 4-lane highway.  And they didn't refund my money for the speeding ticket I got there late one night.  So, yeah, fuck that place.

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

"He was on my property!  At night!"  And dude, he was brown.  You think the jury pool doesn't include thousands of Slorches?  It just takes one.

90% of the town of Martindale is living there because they're terrified of all the Mexicans in San Marcos.

4 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

20 years ago this guy walks.  But the heat that's coming down now and that will continue to come down from national and international sources is going to ensure now that he doesn't.  And that's a good thing.

Right.

someone raised the point earlier. the account of the victim sitting in the car in the shooter's driveway comes from the shooter. maybe the victim was, maybe the victim's car was sitting in the street. can they query the little black box in the car to see if the car went into reverse?

the pos shooter already lied about the victim having a gun.

11 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

I read an article earlier in the week that said he did exactly that.  Not sure what the source on that was, though.  

I do know the source that claimed he was in the drive is the guy who shot him.

10 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

There's also this:

Exactly. The shooter claims that the victim pulled a gun on him. The police found no weapon so we know that was false.

The shooter claims that the victim pulled into his driveway and sat there. But apparently we're just supposed to believe the shooter on that one. It's certainly possible but we have no reason to just automatically believe anything the shooter says until more information comes out. Only one claim he's made has been addressed and it was found to be false.

Edited by Huckleberry

I’m sad I passed on my opportunity to murder a fellow human being a few years ago.  I had a former customer in a parked car in front of my house.  The car was unique, so I knew it was him without going out to say hello. Our business relationship did not end well.  I called the cops (risky move), locked the doors, and let them handle things.  The person in question was black and out on parole for a murder conviction. I was unaware of his criminal past when he initially walked into my office, I later became aware of it when things got a little ugly. I mean, I pretty much had an open invitation to kill at that point.  The shotgun was loaded and I was prepared to use it if necessary, but I thought the prudent choice was to not get into a gunfight with someone more experienced at killing people with a gun.  He was arrested and sent back to prison for violating the conditions of his parole.

13 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Exactly. The shooter claims that the victim pulled a gun on him. The police found no weapon so we know that was false.

The shooter claims that the victim pulled into his driveway and sat there. But apparently we're just supposed to believe the shooter on that one. It's certainly possible but we have no reason to just automatically believe anything the shooter says until more information comes out. Only one claim he's made has been addressed and it was found to be false.

Why would you take the word of a dead terrorist over that of a live white guy?