Mass Shootings

Nice Guy Eddie

17 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I’m not saying that at all. But what you want is a nonstarter. It cannot be done in our lifetime. I think we should focus our energies on things that are possible.

16 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

It would be if we could put Clinton Era Republicans back in place first, along with historical context and the gun culture that existed 29 years ago. 
But, we can’t. That world is gone. 

Again....you posting both of these statements is just baffling to me.

NOTHING IS POSSIBLE.  NOTHING.  ZERO.  ZILCH.  NOTHING WILL EVER HAPPEN AS LONG AS THE GQP HAS ANY POWER, INCLUDING THE SCOTUS.  How do you not fucking get that?  How do you not fucking realize that we live in world -- this world, the real one we live in, not the unicorns and fairies world of "compromise" you think might exist -- where there the chance of any compromise gun safety legislation is pegged at zero fucking degrees kelvin?

They.  Will.  Not.  Ever.  Allow. Any. Of. It.

Stop.  Stop thinking of the opposition as reasonable actors in any way, shape, or form.  They are a deranged cult, they allow for only deranged cultish behavior, and unless you trick them into something by making them think "yeah, that's the cultish thing to do," they will never do anything you like.

It's over.  The world we grew up in, where you could take rational positions and find bi-partisan agreement, is gone.  Blown away, burned to ashes, and the ashes have washed into the sea.  You know I'm right.  So, just focus on the only thing left: fight with everything you've got until your side wins.  That's the game that they decided must be played.  There's no opting out.  Play to win, or lose.  Those are your choices.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

I wonder if it was a former patient.

Shooting at New Hampshire Psychiatric Hospital Leaves ‘Multiple Victims’
State officials said that the assailant was dead and that the situation at the hospital had been “contained.”

A shooting at a state psychiatric hospital in Concord, N.H., on Friday afternoon left “multiple victims,” the New Hampshire State Police said.

The situation at the hospital had been “contained” as of Friday evening, and the assailant was dead, the New Hampshire Department of Homeland Security and Emergency Management said on social media.

The department, which did not immediately respond to calls seeking comment, did not offer more details about the shooting. It was unclear how many victims there were or what their conditions were.

Col. Mark B. Hall, the director of the New Hampshire Department of Safety, said at a short news briefing that the shooter had been “contained to the front lobby” of the hospital and that “all patients are safe.”

He added that officials were investigating a “suspicious vehicle” that had been found, though he did not elaborate. Colonel Hall said that a more extensive news conference would be held later Friday evening.

New Hampshire Hospital says on its website that it treats people with mental illness.

The shooting came about three weeks after a gunman in Lewiston, Maine, fatally shot 18 people and injured 13 more in the country’s deadliest mass shooting of the year.

Now is not the time to debate mental health and firearms, America!

(checks notes, mass shooting at a Mental Hospital)

I mean, I went to church yesterday to pray and give thanks, as is the season.  But sorry folks, we live in a digital simulation.  That's the good news.  The bad news is there are no updates left and it's running out of fresh ideas.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

After this week's attempted cage match duel on the Senate Floor and a mental health mass shooting at a mental health facility, I think all we need in 2024 is a mass shooting at a firearm's or ammo factory and we can pretty much assume the simulation is winding down and can wrap this whole thing up.  Of course, in the meantime, a bunch more kids and innocent people of color have to die first just to keep the gears rotating.  But that's a price we're willing to pay.  Maybe in the end, none of us are real and that's why this is so easy to digest.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 11/17/2023 at 2:27 PM, Ted Lange said:

image.png.82b5b08622582516f078b7fab0799098.png

image.png.d7b9becbe122467271bc291d48683117.png

there-you-have-it-boys-case-closed.gif

Rest assured, the courts will certainly find that qualified immunity applies here and there will be absolutely no recourse for Officers Cleetus and Markwayne in this situation ...

• Rage+1 4

Dayton suburb of Beavercreek last night. The report says the shooter had a rifle but all 4 victims are reported to be in the hospital, no deaths so far, so maybe he didn’t have an assault rifle. Shooter shot himself before police arrived.

https://www.daytondailynews.com/local/crews-respond-to-active-shooter-at-beavercreek-walmart/Q24SROW5F5DNPJLTHJQUVXIAB4/

Beavercreek Walmart mass shooting: 4 injured, gunman kills self, police say 

A gunman around 8:35 p.m. entered the store at 3360 Pentagon Blvd. and began firing shots, he said.

“He injured four victims, who were all transported to area hospitals for treatment. The conditions of the victims is unknown,” he said.

The shooter died of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound, the captain said.

A CareFlight medical helicopter left around 9:50 p.m. for Miami Valley Hospital, and three other victims were taken to Soin Medical Center - Kettering Health in Beavercreek. The Greene County Coroner’s Office responded just before 10:30 p.m. to the scene.

An employee reported hearing at least two shots but did not see anyone hit.

“I thought it was glass at first. I heard a couple people running and screaming so I darted out and we got to the Burger King parking lot,” the worker said.

One witness described the shooter as a tall young white guy carrying a rifle who reportedly walked by her before he opened fire, she said in a video posted on X, formerly Twitter, that was recorded outside the store.

Wright State University students Anna Cowley and Kailie Conley said they watched and counted as between 30 and 40 cruisers with lights and sirens pulled up outside Walmart.

“We were grabbing a bite nearby,” Conley said. “We were like ‘What’s going on?’

“The parking lot was flooded (with police cars),” she said. “There was police dogs that were running in, a bunch of cops running in … It was a lot, especially with how many how cops did show up.”

Walmart is a place where Wright State students, including the two young women, shop frequently. Cowley had been at Walmart earlier in the day.

“This is crazy thinking that literally less than five minutes away is where we live and where we stay every day, and that could happen at any time to us. Like they could have went to campus and not a Walmart,” Cowley said.

We got a shelter in place order from the sheriff's office over this one.  He apparently shot killed 3 people in a neighboring county, fled here, went to our Walmart, bought a bunch of shit, took off...

and-like-that-hes-gone-the-usual-suspect

They have no idea where he is now.

CUSTER COUNTY, Colo. (KKTV) - The search for a homicide suspect in southern Colorado is still underway Tuesday morning.

Around 1 p.m. Monday, the Custer County Sheriff’s Office received a call of a shooting at 173 Rocky Ridge Road, in a remote area eight miles northeast of Westcliffe, close to the Fremont County line. The first deputy arrived on the scene about 25 minutes later.

“The shooting happened in a wooded area. We entered kind of at a high risk and checked to see if there’s any survivors,” said Custer County Sheriff Rich Smith.

Before 9 pm. Monday, the Custer County Sheriff confirmed to 11 News three people were dead, including two men and a woman. A fourth person, a woman, was seriously injured and was airlifted to a Colorado Springs hospital. At the last update, that victim is expected to survive.

Spoiler

“It’s not something we normally see. The first thing I want to say... my thoughts are with the families of the victims,” said Smith.

This shooting was a suspected property dispute. Officials said the suspect and one of the victims were known to be involved in a previous civil dispute over property lines.

Deputies sent out a shelter-in-place alert for the Westcliffe area on social media Monday afternoon, describing the situation as “high-risk.” The alert has been cleared as of late Monday night.

A neighbor told 11 News he did not receive an alert on his phone. “They’re just telling me, hey, wait on. They won’t tell me what’s going on exactly. I’m just waiting to hear what happened and hope I can get home and see my family,” said resident Tate Parsons.

According to Custer County deputies, the suspect is 45-year-old Hanme Clark. The Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office gave a shelter in place order near the Salida-area in connection to this incident. That included the area south of Highway 50 from the Fremont County line to Poncha Springs. That order was lifted just before 10 a.m.

“After a vigilant search, by air and ground, the Sheriff’s Office feels that the homicide suspect has likely left the area,” a post by Chaffee County Communications reads. “Please remain alert, if you do see the vehicle please call 9-1-1 right away.”

“We have a very good idea on where the suspect and vehicle is. We are working with another law-enforcement agency to take them to custody,” said Smith.

The suspect, pictured below from the Custer County Sheriff’s Office, is described as 6′3″, 200 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes, possibly accompanied by a female with dark hair. Deputies say he is driving a white Ram 1500 pickup with a topper, Colorado license plate: BHLK27.

Man, after a couple quiet months…….America is fucking back this fucking Autumn. 

shoots four people and goes to WalMart in his pickup truck to get High carb ammo and high carb pies for Thanksgiving whilst evading baffled police whose only lead is “thoughts and prayers”.  Dudn’t get much more ‘Murica, Fuck Yeah than this folks…..

Edited by YGIFS
  • Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Man, after a couple quiet months…….America is fucking back this fucking Autumn. 

shoots four people and goes to WalMart in his pickup truck to get High carb ammo and high carb pies for Thanksgiving whilst evading baffled police whose only lead is “thoughts and prayers”.  Dudn’t get much more ‘Murica, Fuck Yeah than this folks…..

If only every man, woman and child in that Walmart had a gun…peace would reign everywhere.

Open carry.  Completely legal, no questions asked.  Then, on the other hand, we want people to “harden” our schools.  If only there were another solution…..

Saw the comments. People saying he had the right to open carry like that. Look like he’s in firing position (not slung over his back). I could see someone capping his ass in self defense. What am I missing?

5876eebe726036775e3e799fe4270ab9.jpg

6 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Open carry.  Completely legal, no questions asked.  Then, on the other hand, we want people to “harden” our schools.  If only there were another solution…..

This is why even many cops think the current state of affairs is stupid as fuck.

I can strap up with all of the tactical gear you can imagine, kevlar from head to toe, carrying an AR and 20 extra magazines, waltz right towards a school, and until I get within 1000 feet (so....pretty damned close)....I am 100% within the law.  And that's just schools.  For any place else -- a Wal-Mart, movie theater, all that sort of shit, I'm just being a super-patriotic American until I walk through a door that has a sign that says firearms are prohibited on the premises.  But no worries, by then I've started shooting, so it doesn't matter much.

You're standing outside the door of your local store getting ready to go in.  A guy comes walking towards you carrying his AR.  Is he a super-duper-patriot protector?  Is he a fucking psychopath getting ready to murder 20 people?  NOBODY KNOWS!  ROLL THE DICE, AMERICA!  But you cops, you best not confront him, because you'd be violating his rights or some shit (according to the open carry crowd).

My position on this has never changed: if you openly carry a firearm, you are actively looking to provoke a breach of the peace, and it should be illegal.  There's no way to distinguish between someone just carrying a gun and someone getting ready to murder people until the trigger is pulled.  That's fucking insane and stupid.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Surly site revenue generation idea #37:  New Balance tactical running shoes.  The trail/track shoe that says, "I wanna get cardio, but I'm also a sociopath."  Holds two magazines, quick release/breakaway tongue and lace eyelets, and in-sole air pocket is filled with deadly cyanide if you decide not to be taken alive or suicide-by-cop.  Sure the safety day-glo strips may give away your position to law enforcement, but to be fair---shouldn't the two AR-15's do the same in any other normal fucking country?  

15 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This is why even many cops think the current state of affairs is stupid as fuck.

I can strap up with all of the tactical gear you can imagine, kevlar from head to toe, carrying an AR and 20 extra magazines, waltz right towards a school, and until I get within 1000 feet (so....pretty damned close)....I am 100% within the law.  And that's just schools.  For any place else -- a Wal-Mart, movie theater, all that sort of shit, I'm just being a super-patriotic American until I walk through a door that has a sign that says firearms are prohibited on the premises.  But no worries, by then I've started shooting, so it doesn't matter much.

You're standing outside the door of your local store getting ready to go in.  A guy comes walking towards you carrying his AR.  Is he a super-duper-patriot protector?  Is he a fucking psychopath getting ready to murder 20 people?  NOBODY KNOWS!  ROLL THE DICE, AMERICA!  But you cops, you best not confront him, because you'd be violating his rights or some shit (according to the open carry crowd).

My position on this has never changed: if you openly carry a firearm, you are actively looking to provoke a breach of the peace, and it should be illegal.  There's no way to distinguish between someone just carrying a gun and someone getting ready to murder people until the trigger is pulled.  That's fucking insane and stupid.

Exactly this. If a police car has pulled up on him and shot him dead the second that he did anything other than put the gun immediately on the ground, the police would have claimed that it was justified. And I would 100% agree. 

Insanity that legal open carry is allowed on public property in 2023. Sure, let's let you immediately escalate the tension and uncertainty in every environment that you walk into because you're a sad, scared loser.

I don't like to use the overused tiny dick joke on most gun nuts, but anyone who opens carries--or defends open carry--is a needle dick coward who need to be sterilized en masse. Pathetic.

• Hook 'Em 3

17 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

All the right-wingers are proponents of these God-given rights.  But when even the most hardened batshit crazy gun-loving MAGA sees this guy walking into his HEB, he's not saying, "Hey, it's one of those good guys with a gun!"  No, he's pissing his pants and running to hide in the gluten free section.

• Hook 'Em 1

https://www.texastribune.org/2023/12/05/uvalde-officer-student-trainings-mass-shootings/

Too long to quote entirely, but jesus christ.  Seriously, why do we have cops if this is what we get? 

“I’m watching that door. No screams. No nothing. No nothing. You know. Things you would think you would hear if there had been kids in there,” Cpl. Gregory Villa, who had been with the Uvalde Police Department for 11 years, told an investigator days after the attack that left 19 children and two teachers dead.

If there were children inside, Villa said, officers would have probably heard the shooter saying, “‘Hey, everybody shut up,’ and then kids are like, ‘Oh no, I gotta, I want my mommy.’”

Villa, who received active shooter training four years earlier, was among several officers who told investigators that they didn’t believe children were in the classrooms because they were so quiet. The children’s strict adherence to remaining silent was, in fact, part of their training. Officers’ own training instructs them to confront a shooter if there is reason to believe someone is hurt.

Mendoza said officers knew they needed to get into the classrooms, including Mireles’, but they didn’t have the right equipment. His sentiment was shared by more than a dozen officers who, in interviews with investigators, expressed fear of the shooter’s semiautomatic rifle.

“Like I said, we didn’t have any shields, no, no flash-bangs, no nothing that we could’ve used to create a distraction,” Mendoza recalled, “to, not only, like, not to sound selfish, but make sure we go home at the end of the day, but at least more of these kids can go home at the end of the day.”

Though officers signed up for the job knowing that they were putting their lives at risk, they’d never been confronted with a mass shooter, Mendoza said.

“None of us ever thought any of this situation would ever happen here, in Uvalde,” he said.

Despite some radios not working inside the school, officers who heard the dispatcher’s broadcast now knew that children and at least one adult remained alive, trapped with the shooter on the other side of the door. Those details, along with earlier signs that included sporadic gunfire and information that an officer’s wife was shot but still alive in the classroom, should have jogged in their minds a key lesson from training. They should have moved swiftly to stop the killing and stop the dying, experts said.

“You know kids are in there. You know you have a teacher that’s hurt. You’ve been shot at already. You’ve got an officer that’s been wounded. I mean, I think the intel is there,” said McDonald, the school safety expert who reviewed the footage at the request of the news organizations. “The environment is there. So how do you get in that room? What are your options to get in that room? And I think that has to be a priority. You already had one officer who said his wife was in there several minutes ago. Stop the dying.”

Instead, law enforcement officers, including members of a highly trained Border Patrol tactical team that had just arrived, continued to wait, even as they received some specialized equipment that they said they needed to breach the metal door and enter the classroom. No one ever checked the door to see if it was unlocked, although a state House committee that later reviewed the shooting determined it probably was.

I'm somewhat in disbelief at this point that none of the police who abandoned their duty to protect those children that day have killed themselves. Are most of them even ashamed?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 4

The children were being too quiet?  That's the new excuse?  Remember that "Band of Brothers" episode during the Battle of the Bulge where all the paratroopers were instructed to yell and scream and light fires and wave their arms to the Germans at night to completely give away their position?  Yeah, I guessed I missed that one, too.

As stated above, it is absolutely as insane to me as the shooting itself that not one of these officers has taken the honorable way out and swallowed a bullet in a parking lot somewhere.  They all walk past each other every single day and they all know what went down and somehow they go about their lives like nothing happened.  That is so fucking bizarre to me.  I mean, a handful of cops that may see each other once a month is one thing.  But this is hundreds and hundreds of cops who all live/work/shop in the same areas every single fucking day.  How the fuck do you carry on like that?  How do they look at their children and their wives with that shame?  They should enter some kinda murder-suicide pact and at least be a man about it all...

8 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

https://www.texastribune.org/2023/12/05/uvalde-officer-student-trainings-mass-shootings/

Too long to quote entirely, but jesus christ.  Seriously, why do we have cops if this is what we get? 

I'm somewhat in disbelief at this point that none of the police who abandoned their duty to protect those children that day have killed themselves. Are most of them even ashamed?

I'll answer you: NO.  They are not.  Because their entire worldview is that they are god's among men, entirely above the laws that govern us mere mortal sheep.  Thus, they are incapable of making a wrong decision: if the decide on a course of action, or inaction, it is therefore the correct course, because who are you to question them?  "I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it!"

• Hook 'Em 2

Jesus. Hearing the words of actual kids in those classrooms. 

I'm ashamed that our response to something like this is... *crickets* It's disgusting.

We've decided that this is a worthy price to pay for allowing people to have weapons of war:

image.png.a9a53183995db971a8cae707fcd6888f.png

image.png.b7935cd1e9772243f499b5da41627ba1.png

image.png.f61961fcfca50f0bb514fe6da311832c.png

4 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Jesus. Hearing the words of actual kids in those classrooms. 

I'm ashamed that our response to something like this is... *crickets* It's disgusting.

We've decided that this is a worthy price to pay for allowing people to have weapons of war:

image.png.a9a53183995db971a8cae707fcd6888f.png

image.png.b7935cd1e9772243f499b5da41627ba1.png

image.png.f61961fcfca50f0bb514fe6da311832c.png

And through it all, remember this: that story is a function of our system working EXACTLY AS DESIGNED AND INTENDED.  Those horrors are a feature, not a bug.