• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

8 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

They’ve graduated from helping folks find their way thru the parking lot to the stadium, to saving lives.  

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3411790

I don't know why I thought he had fallen from their triple decker, the game was not even played in CS, but just the thought of Aggy killing people with bad architecture and then saving them through a soft gomer landing (and prayer)... is just so peak them that I just went with it.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

It seems pretty clear that he’s locked up in the nuthouse. He’s only able to post in small windows of time these days while there’s a shift change going on with the orderlies. 

I figured he went to the great astral plane with his good pal and BFF 13-0 BI but yes I just looked he has liked a post under a month ago so you may be right.

29 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Has there been a mention yet for them to lure Dan Campbell away from the Lions? Because surely his love for the place would be strong enough to get him to walk away from the NFL right?

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3411277

Happened Sunday morning bright and early once the post Bilbo Knoxville shitshow hangover wore off.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

It seems pretty clear that he’s locked up in the nuthouse. He’s only able to post in small windows of time these days while there’s a shift change going on with the orderlies. 

And when he has posted, he's at less than 350 words, so he's clearly on a time crunch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, NoName said:

yeah, he's the "defensive coordinator" there lol dude has quite a resume between Bama and Georgia

image.png.086153523d9df1a74ea24ce1a4cf38ed.png

dude is super super super close to Kirby, basically his right hand man since 2011 and his first hire at UGA. i can't imagine he leaves for A&M of all places lol

FFS the guy interviewed for the Eagles DC job last year.

Of course he'd leave for the A&M HC job 

I doubt they're passing the hat around to pay out the largest buyout ever by a multiple to hire Georgia's DC

Seeing all of the fan fiction from them about visiting stadiums reminds me of the first time I went to a Texas/ATM game in DKR while attending UT. It was the last ugly blowout in the 90's before the universe righted itself. 

I wasn't in the student section as I was rarely off on Saturdays, so I'd bought a normal ticket on the lower west side of the stadium. There were some aggies seated right behind me and they were yelling some of the weirdest shit I've heard in my life to this day, and I still don't quite understand some of it. These were just guys hooting and howling nonsense, as I don't remember noticing milkmen led chants or a cadence to the idiotic yells.

"Here we go Army! AARRRRMMMYYYY! AAAARRRRRRRRMMMMYYYY!!"

"Let's go plowboys! Give'em hell plowboys!!"

"Farmer's fight! Give'em hell farmers!!"

"Squeeze aggies!! SQUUUEEEEEEZZZZZE!!!"

I've seen references on the boards over the years but I still cannot believe some it. Who is army? What the fuck is a "plowboy"? I get the farmer one, but it is still weird as hell. I still cannot bring myself to believe that "squeeze" actually means they need to squeeze their scrotum. Is that honestly correct? Is there source material? Anyway, without being steeped in aggie history by insiders growing up, I feel like I don't follow some of this shit when it is discussed. Also, what does "uncover" mean?

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Seeing all of the fan fiction from them about visiting stadiums reminds me of the first time I went to a Texas/ATM game in DKR while attending UT. It was the last ugly blowout in the 90's before the universe righted itself. 

I wasn't in the student section as I was rarely off on Saturdays, so I'd bought a normal ticket on the lower west side of the stadium. There were some aggies seated right behind me and they were yelling some of the weirdest shit I've heard in my life to this day, and I still don't quite understand some of it. These were just guys hooting and howling nonsense, as I don't remember noticing milkmen led chants or a cadence to the idiotic yells.

I've seen references on the boards over the years but I still cannot believe some it. Who is army? What the fuck is a "plowboy"? I get the farmer one, but it is still weird as hell. I still cannot bring myself to believe that "squeeze" actually means they need to squeeze their scrotum. Is that honestly correct? Is there source material? Anyway, without being steeped in aggie history by insiders growing up, I feel like I don't follow some of this shit when it is discussed. Also, what does "uncover" mean?

To add to this taxonomy, "Pass it back ags!" with the hand gesture thing Is one of the weirdest statements/cheers/whatever the hell this is ever. 

Edited by Vertigo

56 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I'll never forget my first game as a visitor to Kyle Field. I was lost and couldn't find my way to the stadium. As I look back at my harrowing journey from the parking lot to the greatest stadium in all of college football, I saw two sets of footprints. But on part of the journey, at the lowest and saddest times, I only saw one set of footprints. This really troubled me, so I asked the Lord about it. I didn't understand why he would leave me when I needed him the most. It was then that Jesus whispered to me, "When you saw only one set of footprints it was because I didn't want to get yelled at for walking on the grass. Uncover, you fucking heathen." Amen.

God damn I’ve never Whooped so hard in my life. 

• Haha 1

This one's even better... this is how FSU viewed Jimbo.  All these warning signals and yet A&M thought... "yup, this is our man.  We'll put our money where our mouth is!"

https://www.goodbullhunting.com/2017/11/7/16619974/making-sense-of-the-jimbo-fisher-rumors-texas-a-m-coaching-vacancy-replace-kevin-sumlin

image.thumb.png.d6ff4beef96555959b7c3aa1422a040d.png

Then you have this...

image.png.431c109214393d6d7329ce3438bd6fc7.png

2018 - 5-3

2019 - 4-4

2020 - 8-1

2021 - 4-4

2022 - 2-6

2023 - 2-2 (current)

6 year total - 25 - 20.  Hmmm... not trending in the right direction but look at 2020.  They extended him, right?  Funny thing is his 30-18 prediction was a 5-3 average every year.  What's that buyout again?  Hilarious.

Edited by texasdago
  • Hook 'Em 1

I was out hunting and one of the guys accidentally flagged another and shot him in the back. As the shot man lay bleeding, dying, and weeping, I asked him if he loved Jesus. Some blood gurgled out of his mouth and I took that as a yes. So I prayed over him as panic and fear filled his eyes. He died.
I'm sure my prayers helped him get into heaven, though!
WHOOOOOOOOP!

Two aggys were out hunting and one shot the other. He probably would have made it if he didn’t also get field dressed right after.
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, linux said:

can you imagine a 78 year old coaching at A&M? A&M is everything  Spurrier hates.

image.png.965a2ab426c10370fae17ef1b8d968ae.png

also Dan Campbell has only ever coached at the NFL level. its the same as those idiots who think Kyle Shanahan will come to Texas. dude makes bank and coached exactly 1 year as a GA before going to the NFL and has never looked back.

oh yeah, and the lions are really good now!

more from that thread:

image.png.b45200c8f705db3271bd5499db993dfc.png

yeah, no history of overweight coaches ever being good at any level...

image.png.4d6de15697f441792bae56d527d03e9d.png

i love recruiting but this guy has to be a troll.

image.png.81f553572e4d4452e3087f10984de9ff.png

yeah, that's a hold up.

image.png.d91e01c915730b10bc845ef8dabd3ee3.png

"the money is not the issue:

image.png.6a6d2db19ca60e32c4465016a59dfc1d.png

• Haha 1

I hate that I have to be fair to aggy but he is talking about those coaches coming home, not specifically to A&M, but yeah the Aggie flirtation with NFL coaches is hilarious, unproven commodities that don't know how to recruit? and can't bring a good staff or portal players? sign me the hell up!

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

It was explained to me (haven’t we all shared the experience of finding out about Aggie weirdness as freshmen, talking to old HS friends that went to A&M, as they tried to make it sound normal and reasonable?) that Aggies squeeze their balls so they will feel the same pain as their players actually in the fight. 

20 minutes ago, statsman said:

It was explained to me (haven’t we all shared the experience of finding out about Aggie weirdness as freshmen, talking to old HS friends that went to A&M, as they tried to make it sound normal and reasonable?) that Aggies squeeze their balls so they will feel the same pain as their players actually in the fight. 

Yep, this is from a 1981 Texas Monthly article...

image.thumb.png.1dc14f2df561fd16d3a95b3142d9c802.png

This gem is from the same article...

image.thumb.png.518e975040f61f4dffe666c13d600054.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Has there been a mention yet for them to lure Dan Campbell away from the Lions? Because surely his love for the place would be strong enough to get him to walk away from the NFL right?

Jeff Ward discussed it on his show yesterday. 

This one is so good I won't even bother turning it into a meme: 

Jimbo is aware of all of these crazy posts

UltimateSuperGenius

I can't say how I know, but Jimbo and the staff are aware of all of these insane posts threatening lawsuits, talking about hiring other coaches and mocking his manhood. Do you idiots think that demeaning our own coaches will help us win road games against Ole Miss & LSU?

The jokes and personal attacks need to stop, and stop today.

It is time for us to unite in prayer.

Just like last time, we will be meeting at the common room at Clyde's apartment complex. If you don't know where this is, you likely aren't invited. We will all meet Wed at 5:30 and will be done before the Astros/Rangers game. This is a nondenominational, contemporary prayer group. Clyde got in a lot of trouble last time when people brought snakes. Do not do that crap again.
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, linux said:

I hate that I have to be fair to aggy but he is talking about those coaches coming home, not specifically to A&M, but yeah the Aggie flirtation with NFL coaches is hilarious, unproven commodities that don't know how to recruit? and can't bring a good staff or portal players? sign me the hell up!

mikeshermansleeping.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, DaysOff said:

Head squeezer is an acquaintance. Yes, he lives in Katy, and yes works in o and g sales of some sort.

I should have included the insightful ending to the article (written by an aggie):

These photographs all show important Aggie rituals or traditions—quadding, whipping out, catching butterflies, watching the bonfire, and the rest. To all you t.u. graduates and Rice intellectuals and SMU beauty queens and Baylor saints, these rites of Aggiedom may look just like what you thought Aggies would do. But to Aggies, all this looks normal. Campus legend, honored by repetition to each incoming class, is that these rituals help bring the cadets together, form bonds of camaraderie and spirit that will never be broken. Maybe they do, or maybe they do something else entirely. I just know that they are the crucible of Aggiedom. Beyond that I can’t say. I’m an Aggie. To be an Aggie is not to wonder why.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Born Burnt said:

Most of them are just closeted homos.  There's nothing wrong with being gay.  Has anyone ever explained to them what NTTAWWT means?  It might solve a lot of their mental issues. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Yeah, it's in video below...     smdh

It's hard for me to believe that this is still a thing in 2023. How do folks associated with this brand not get crushed by the immense weight of the shame and embarrassment and cringe? Do Aggies in 2023 actually support and appreciate it?

I mean, I work in Houston a lot which is populated with a bunch of aggies and I can't imagine these guys would want this kind of crap being circulated and associated with them. I would have bet these guys would be the ones beating up and "queer bashing" the yell leaders, not actively enjoying it.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Army refers to them saving the world during WW2. And let's not forget the great war where they went off to fight while UT students sat on their porches sipping iced tea. Funny that we are the ones that have their stadium named (Memorial Stadium)for those student athletes that went to France and never returned while they bury their dogs so that they can still see the scoreboard.

They still constantly brag about how many officers came from the Corps during WW2, stating more officers came from A&M than West Point and the Naval Academy combined. But they ALWAYS fail to note that A&M had 4x the enrollment of either academy during WW2 and at least double if both of them were combined. Whenever I hear one state this claim about aggy officers and turning the tide, WINNING the war....I always retort, "And that is why it took us 4 years to win the war".

Uncover is also a military term of removing your hat, especially indoors. Marines still refer to their 8 point utility caps as a cover.

1 hour ago, Born Burnt said:

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Yeah, it's in video below...     smdh

Weird ass fuckers.

Making sheep nervous since 1876....

630-751a5151bf46ebfe1dc2cde0ba92b9cb.jpg

Edited by BillyGoatHill
  • Hook 'Em 1

52 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

Has there ever been a non Caucasian aggy milkman?

I googled it. They had a guy named Boo Boo as a yell leader which, honestly, is shockingly progressive sounding.

In the early 1990s, the student body elected its first African American yell leader, Ronnie McDonald, Class of 1993.[4][5] In 1999, McDonald became the youngest African American to become a county judge in the history of Texas.[4] Arouna "Boo Boo" Davies Jr., Class of 2002, became the second African American yell leader. In another exception, neither was a member of the Corps of Cadets.