• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

Just now, Brisketexan said:

God….this is glorious. And I hate it, because I want him around forever. I also hate it because money is fungible, and one of our state universities is lighting $76 million on fire because they just can’t stop being fucking stupid pathetic little brother.

Aggy was outsmarted by a mouth breathing idiot and his agent. And it wasn’t even a fair fight.

It's breathtaking in how wasteful the Jimbo era has been. They've wasted a hundred million dollars. And of course, no one will lose their jobs for this error because their masters wanted Jimbo and money didn't matter. And now they want Jimbo gone and the money still doesn't matter. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

It's about the Texas game.  Period.  Every decision they make revolves around us.  Don't think it's a coincidence they're doing this the year before we join.

Correct. This is the answer. My aggy friends have been saying this for weeks. They are scared of us. 

• Hook 'Em 2

It's breathtaking in how wasteful the Jimbo era has been. They've wasted a hundred million dollars. And of course, no one will lose their jobs for this error because their masters wanted Jimbo and money didn't matter. And now they want Jimbo gone and the money still doesn't matter. 

Don’t forget the $450M stadium RENOVATION!

3 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

Surely you don’t fire him now unless you have a splash hire, but how do you make all that payroll?  Can you make the seats even narrower?  Find a made up story about the 13th man? Make enrollment compulsory for all students with below a 3.0 average?

They need the opposite of splash. 

Liepold or the Duke HC is more substantive hire and that’s what they need

If he really gets $76,000,000 to leave there have to be some people in administration who lose their jobs as well. People who sign off on these contracts have to have some ownership of them as well.

Did anyone take ownership of killing 12 students?  
No one will take ownership of this either. 

Bingo. The malfeasance is infuriating as a taxpayer and someone who wants Texas to have an educated populace with valuable college degrees.
That fucking university needs to grow the fuck up.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Paying 3.5x to get rid of guy killing their program. Next hire about less "flash" more substance.

There's merit to this. Nietzsche wrote that mistakes always occur in a pair. First you do too much then you do to little.

Traylor's a pretty good gamble. Has East Texas connections and will allow the spotlight to move from A&M to somewhere else. I'm thinking getting the story of their obscenely stupid deal with Jimbo out of the news is one of the prime motivating factors. 

Still, it's an astonishingly huge amount of money to have risked and lost. Even for A&M, it's stupid at an astounding level.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Bingo. The malfeasance is infuriating as a taxpayer and someone who wants Texas to have an educated populace with valuable college degrees.
That fucking university needs to grow the fuck up.

I doubt they'll grow up but they'll at least look bigger and taller on the sidelines soon.

• Haha 2

Another gem from John "Not Very" Sharp...(of course he left out the fact that SEC didn't allow alcohol sales at the time) I'd love to ask him for an update on this situation 

jack nicholson drinking GIF

The Texas athletic department announced Wednesday that Longhorn fans will be able to buy a cold beer or a glass of wine at concession stands at Royal-Memorial Stadium this fall.

A reporter from the site Texags.com asked Sharp whether the Aggies have similar plans.

Sharp told reporter Gabe Bock:

“Our athletic program has not reached the point where we require the numbing effects of alcohol.”

Edited by Dennis Taylor
  • Haha 7

38 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I told you people that the buyout wasn’t that big a deal. 
40 or 50M up front for all of the buyouts and then the 8M a year is a rounding error in a 250M budget or wherever we get to with the Death Star sec money. 

It's the same as buying that sweet '24 Acadia. 20% down and $499 a month for 8 years. Who in their right mind would turn that down?

10 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Any ACC head coach is fair game since they can't afford to keep up the arms race. aggy would be wise to take a swing at Dabo. He's about as aggy as you can find in a head coach. 

They would have to build a hill at Kyle Field for his goofy ass to sprint down. 

1 hour ago, Prime said:

That's bullshit.  Blinn has four juco national championship trophies in their trophy case.

New aggy football motto:  "aggy football - almost as accomplished as Blinn!"

ETA - Maybe that's why aggy is so determined to absorb Blinn, to claim their titles, too.

Edited by Scheiss Meister
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1