Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

1 hour ago, NoName said:

what's even funnier to me is that Jimbo's contract also had no buyout clause if he left for another job.

so if he won 3 national championships in a row and then Alabama called to hire him for $20 million a year he could just waltz out the door to Tuscaloosa and pay A&M $0

That's why I said a few days back that some of these people who sign off on these absurd contracts should also lose their jobs.

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

1 minute ago, PittsburghTiger said:

That's why I said a few days back that some of these people who sign off on these absurd contracts should also lose their jobs.

Some people also should have lost their freedom and their jobs for killing 12 kids. No one did. And the idiots still have an “unofficial” bonfire. 

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 3

2 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

maybe there are some out there, but off the top of my head i cant think of an example of a guy who was a successful head coach for 15+ straight years at one school and then maintained or exceeded that level of success at another school.

Mack Brown may be the closest with 10 years at North Carolina before coming to Texas.

What's that now?  0/3?  Lanning, DeBoer, Prime...
They will have to work their way down the list for sure, but don't take every one of those "no's" at face value...especially if aggy is desperate enough to meet any price, any demand. I don't know if a contract could possibly get more one sided than Jimbo's was, but by God those gomers won't be denied spending their money.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

Did I seriously see Coach Prime’s name in one of these articles? That would be a trip, lol. The number of N-words from the crowd after the first bad play would be truly disturbing.

27 minutes ago, nnm said:

That’s the one guy I’m positive will not be aggy corch. 

He’s a little too “flamboyant” for at least one aggy booster. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, alincoln said:

It has to be Elko.  He has voluntarily agreed to live and coach in College Station before which is the biggest hurdle for any aggy coaching search.

Agreed. I can’t imagine them making this move without already having their next stooge in place.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, alincoln said:

It has to be Elko.  He has voluntarily agreed to live and coach in College Station before which is the biggest hurdle for any aggy coaching search.

8 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Agreed. I can’t imagine them making this move without already having their next stooge in place.

Yup.  If texags were surlyhorns, there'd already be a "Fire Elko" thread.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Sir Ulrich said:

No mention from him that this was a Boeing 737. Or that it went to Philly the next day lol

https://www.flightaware.com/live/flight/HWA3315/history/20231111/2000Z/KCLL/KEUG

Hillwood Airways is a charter airline used by a lot of schools to fly sports teams around.  That same plane flew the aggy men's basketball team to Columbus on Thursday to play their game at Ohio State on Friday night, then flew the team back to Collie Station that same night after the game.

I don't know what the plane was headed to Eugene for on Saturday, as I can't find any sporting events involving the Ducks in Philly this week.  But flying some big cigars to Eugene would be a hell of a coincidence, especially considering that chartering a private jet to Eugene would be much cheaper than a 737.

Then again, aggy has shown recently that they aren't exactly frugal with their money.  So who the hell knows.

Edited by orangebird
clarity

2 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

If we do, let's make sure it's 2___ instead of 20__.

Probably more realistic.

My dream scenario is they somehow stretch it out another 67 years (I will be long deceased but I'm sure my oversoul will look down from the astral plane) and be further away from the present day to their national championship than George Washington was from taking office....

• Haha 4

If Elko is the choice and he accepts, Elijah Robinson should throw his resume in the hat for HC at Duke. I’d be pleased with that result.

Also - these SEC short clips might be one aspect of moving to the SEC that concerns me the most. I don’t want to be subjected to this god awful humor or the people that like it in perpetuity.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

SIAP...  Says Sexton has 10 of 14 SEC coaches

Tim Brando: "Urban Meyer is a Great Fit at Texas A&M"

Brando is the shitty-alcoholic-uncle everyone-avoids-during-Thanksgiving of college football….

But truth be told he’s probably the shitty alcoholic uncle the Brandos avoid during Thanksgiving as well so there’s that.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, orangebird said:

Hillwood Airways is a charter airline used by a lot of schools to fly sports teams around.  That same plane flew the aggy men's basketball team to Columbus on Thursday to play their game at Ohio State on Friday night, then flew the team back to Collie Station that same night after the game.

I don't know what the plane was headed to Eugene for on Saturday, as I can't find any sporting events involving the Ducks in Philly this week.  But flying some big cigars to Eugene would be a hell of a coincidence, especially considering that chartering a private jet to Eugene would be much cheaper than a 737.

Then again, aggy has shown recently that they aren't exactly frugal with their money.  So who the hell knows.

Looch said on Twitter that Lanning is not happening. Lanning also very explicitly said it is not happening (unlike a lot of the deflections you hear from others).

Also - would ATM boosters really fly up there (on a 737 no less) before Jimbo was announced, right before ATM's game Saturday, and right before Oregon's game vs USC? 

Btw - that might be where Oregon St flies out of too

28 minutes ago, Pancho said:

It feels like they are trying to get Dabo.

- country bible thumping bumpkin

- talks like a hick

- won NCs so they can (again) boast about how they stole a NC coach.

And in the end, they won’t win jack shit. 

Yup. If you try to think like an Aggie, Dabo is who you want. I think that’s who they have lined up. They wouldn’t have fired Jimbo right now unless they had their guy. And Dabo wants in the money train and NIL because his fake church isn’t working anywhere. In my opinion, this is the odds on favorite right now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

Yup. If you try to think like an Aggie, Dabo is who you want. I think that’s who they have lined up. They wouldn’t have fired Jimbo right now unless they had their guy. And Dabo wants in the money train and NIL because his fake church isn’t working anywhere. In my opinion, this is the odds on favorite right now. 

You give them waaaaay too much credit by assuming they have anything lined up or planned.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1