• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

2 hours ago, Crapinon said:

My ex-BIL was arrested in FAR west Texas in the 80's for DWI. He contacted a local attorney who told him that he could handle the case for $10,000. My BIL ask him how he was going to handle it. The attorney said just give him $10,000 and don't ask any questions. It magically all disappeared. 

2 hours ago, deadshank said:

I once contacted an attorney regarding some legal issues.  I told him I had two questions and also asked what I should expect to pay for his counsel regarding the two questions.

He said "$1,500.00.  What's the second question?"

What are those lawyers’ Surly handles?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, Crapinon said:

My ex-BIL was arrested in FAR west Texas in the 80's for DWI. He contacted a local attorney who told him that he could handle the case for $10,000. My BIL ask him how he was going to handle it. The attorney said just give him $10,000 and don't ask any questions. It magically all disappeared. 

What do you think the split is between the lawyer and the PD?

6 hours ago, Crapinon said:

This is the exact scenario in a scandal  currently rocking ABQ PD. DWI squad was in cahoots with a local DWI defense lawyer. Apparently he would pay cops not to show up. Hundreds of pending cases have been dismissed. One of the cops had been MADD officer of the year. 
The best articles are from the ABQ Journal but they’re all behind a paywall. 
https://www.koat.com/article/albuquerque-dwi-officer-missed-court-dates/46914361

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 4

10 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

How dare you snub the Meat Judging team…

IMG_0976.jpeg

The guy on the right is either constipated or the girl in front of him has a hold of his scrotum. As always, Meat Pimp is in charge, front and center.

1 hour ago, Longboard Horn said:

I know this ain’t Stephen A. Smith’s real bracket. He’s gotta be playing a joke 

IMG_0296.jpeg

It never ceases to amaze me in regard to the pathological need that talking heads have when it comes to picking ATM. You see it yearly in one sport or another. It's truly bizarre. They never win shit. They rarely come within shouting distance of winning anything, yet there they are, being selected by someone to make the CFP, or win the CWS or make the FF. 

49 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I don't think even Stephen A. Smith is that stupid.  That's Desmond Howard territory.

This is fairly on brand for Stephen A. He says some of the stupidest shit imaginable, and thinks that if he yells it at you it will come true. 

23 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

From the texags thread about SAS' "prediction":

image.png.79af13770958042c4d3790a738e855de.png

Yeah, good luck against Cougar High.

IF... and it is a big if, they make it past nebraska. Houston is going to embarrass them. 

4 hours ago, DFW Horn said:

The guy on the right is either constipated or the girl in front of him has a hold of his scrotum. As always, Meat Pimp is in charge, front and center.

Its the offseason. That time of year when championships are really won. Everyone in that photo stays sharp by spending at least a few hours a week handling/inspecting/savoring  Pimp's meat. 

3 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I don't think even Stephen A. Smith is that stupid.  That's Desmond Howard territory.

Your post suggests that, not only is Desmond dumber than Steven A Smith, but that there is a significant difference.

Please cite evidence.

• Drool 1

11 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

Our boy Graham is at it again.  This time it's the Trev hire.  And of course none of it make sense.  This guy is going to be good for a lot of laughs going forward.

Texas A&M hiring Trev Alberts shows they are still one step ahead of Texas, OU
The Texas A&M Aggies are showing that they won’t back down to anybody in the new era of collegiate athletics.

By Graham Harmon

https://gigemgazette.com/posts/texas-a-m-hiring-trev-alberts-shows-they-are-still-one-step-ahead-of-texas-ou-01hsc6ksf8yt

I would love to ask that dumbass exactly how we are one "one step behind" aggy?

F'ing delusional.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

When news came down that Texas A&M was hiring Trev Alberts as their new Director of Athletics, shockwaves were sent throughout the collegiate athletics landscape. Alberts has been a leader in the industry for quite some time, and is an alum of Nebraska. For those reasons, Texas A&M’s hire was rightly seen as a seismic move.

Is there a Golden Raspberry equivalent for horrible sports writing?  This is the winner for worst lede of 2024.

Our boy Graham is at it again.  This time it's the Trev hire.  And of course none of it make sense.  This guy is going to be good for a lot of laughs going forward.
The Texas A&M Aggies are showing that they won’t back down to anybody in the new era of collegiate athletics.

By Graham Harmon
Texas A&M’s hire of Trev Alberts as Director of Athletics shows that they won’t take a backseat to anybody—especially Texas and OU
When news came down that Texas A&M was hiring Trev Alberts as their new Director of Athletics, shockwaves were sent throughout the collegiate athletics landscape. Alberts has been a leader in the industry for quite some time, and is an alum of Nebraska. For those reasons, Texas A&M’s hire was rightly seen as a seismic move.
A move of this type was definitely a necessary one for Texas A&M. For all of Ross Bjork’s strengths as an athletic director, it was becoming clear that the Aggies may need an upgrade at that position as the tectonic plates of collegiate athletics begin to violently shift.
Alberts is that guy. He’s forward-thinking. He works well with donors. He understands the issues confronting athletic departments today, and comes up with innovative solutions. Importantly, he understands NIL and is well-apprised of where things could go. I have no doubt he is already ahead on planning for such scenarios.
So why do I bring up Texas and OU? That’s a fair question. It’s an easy enough answer to say that the Aggies are about to share a conference once again with them, so it’s natural to identify them as others who are trying to position themselves well for the future. Specifically, though, these were the big dogs in the Big 12; ones who often looked down on the Aggies.
Consider a recent instance: Chris Del Conte, at a Q&A session on the Texas campus, announced that they would be playing Texas A&M annually. This is an interesting point of political maneuvering. Let me explain.
By announcing this in such a context, Del Conte has the plausible deniability of saying he was talking about one of the big questions relevant to Texas Athletics moving forward. However, he also was the first to announce it, giving the impression that the Longhorns are the leader in the arrangement. Not only this, but a necessary consequence was revealing that the SEC would be moving to a different scheduling model than the one that they had previously been operating under!
This is the kind of underhanded politicking that we can expect from our neighbors to the west. There’s an undying, obsessive concern with image out there that leads to putting people in positions of power out there that are experts in, if nothing else, public relations and image management.
It takes a leader with real substance to counter that kind of flash. Alberts is that guy. He knows his plan and what it takes to execute it. That the Aggies identified him and had the leadership and wherewithal to land him speaks to the kind of department they are trying to build: one with strong vision and a lasting foundation.
https://gigemgazette.com/posts/texas-a-m-hiring-trev-alberts-shows-they-are-still-one-step-ahead-of-texas-ou-01hsc6ksf8yt
This article is so full of aggy rhetoric and bluster all the current AI programs will be spot on accurate in a few years when you request "write me an article about Texas A&M football in the style of an A&M booster"

Hell, it probably won't take a few years, there is already plenty out there on the webs.
  • Haha 1

"Alberts is that guy. He’s forward-thinking. He works well with donors. He understands the issues confronting athletic departments today, and comes up with innovative solutions. Importantly, he understands NIL and is well-apprised of where things could go. I have no doubt he is already ahead on planning for such scenarios."

That there is some fucking hard-hitting journalism, mi amigos.

F'n rubes.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

By Graham Harmon

giphy.gif

• Haha 1