Ukraine War

BehoId, The Underminer!

6 minutes ago, TurkeyChew said:

No snark, just saying that there are some analysts who think that a secondary or tertiary reason for invading is practicality with grain/ag. Here is something I just read when I googled it because I can't find the original source I read but will try to dig that one up too: https://steadystate.org/putin-the-practical-wants-ukraine-grain/

I mentioned if further up the thread that a former ST colleague of mine basically that is one of the reasons Putin wants Ukraine. I'm not informed enough to say whether that's right or not. I will say that after seeing Tommy Tuberville advance that theory not long ago in this thread, I have slightly less confidence that train of thought.

8 minutes ago, TurkeyChew said:

No snark, just saying that there are some analysts who think that a secondary or tertiary reason for invading is practicality with grain/ag. Here is something I just read when I googled it because I can't find the original source I read but will try to dig that one up too: https://steadystate.org/putin-the-practical-wants-ukraine-grain/

First of all, the Russian wheat harvest is not gonna be that bad…..

• Haha 3

He has also imprisoned political dissidents and poisoned his adversaries. He’s a megalomaniac punch drunk with power. 
Still not going to be enough to convince those Americans that a liberal might be right about something... something completely unrelated to Putin.

9 minutes ago, Shaddie said:

@slorch @Johnny Sack @Incredulity

This is YOUR GQP. You assholes have not only elected them you have emboldened them to be so dumb the only thing their brains are doing is keeping their lungs functioning. 

Please defend him you pussies.

LOLz.  Thank you for making me laugh in an rightfully humorless thread.

Fact 1: I haven't supported Tuberville since he came into my life in 2010.  I would certainly never have voted for him in any capacity, had he ran in my own state. he's a piece of shit human being through and through.

Fact 2: i have not one, but two sons currently serving in the military.  I care about the military in general, but just how much do you think I might care about the right decisions being made?

Pick another fight.  Motherfucker.

Edited by slorch

4 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I mentioned if further up the thread that a former ST colleague of mine basically that is one of the reasons Putin wants Ukraine. I'm not informed enough to say whether that's right or not. I will say that after seeing Tommy Tuberville advance that theory not long ago in this thread, I have slightly less confidence that train of thought.

Ukraine's abundant agricultural production is a nice resource to control if you're thinking about the world like a fucking 19th century monarch or someone playing Civ 6, but it's hardly a need for Russia today.

12 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Capitalism strikes again 

I said this in another thread, but you had to expect that Putin had the greed of other nation states in his calculus before invading. He had to bet that the "West" views Ukraine as inferior and second-class and money/business would outweigh any morality or sentiment to what is essentially Russians in Russia Jr. in how legacy Europe views Ukraine.

They view Ukraine like they do Turkey. They aren't in the family and never will be.

9 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

"...there will never be justification for this invasion or any other form of invasion."

-- General Mike Flynn of the United States Army Department of Holy Fucking Irony, Batman.

Prisoner quarters in Leavenworth have to be pretty spiffy for a general, don't they?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

Once again never supported Trump, hated him from the start.  Why are you so angry someone does like either and isn’t a blind party follower no matter what?

I'm reading your post in this thread and I have no idea what point you're trying to make or how it relates to the topic. In other words shut the fuck up, no one here has the time or patience to listen your idiocracy 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, slorch said:

LOLz.  Thank you for making me laugh in an rightfully humorless thread.

Fact 1: I haven't supported Tuberville since he came into my life in 2010.  I would certainly never have voted for him in any capacity, had he ran in my own state. he's a piece of shit human being through and through.

Fact 2: i have not one, but two sons currently serving in the military.  I care about the military in general, but just how much do you think I might care about the right decisions being made?

Pick another fight.  Motherfucker.

No. I won’t pick another fight. The GQP is broken. This is from me who grew up in your area and considered myself Republican till DT came onboard and am sick as shit of you fuckers defending his every move. Admit Trump and Putin are bad for America. 
Trump supporting a tyrant. Who the fuck could have seen that coming. 

• Hook 'Em 1

And more examples of how fucked as a nation. Here is one of the posts by someone on my Facebook feed
I do not believe Putin would have made this move with Trump in office.
I really want to respond with, then you're a fucking idiot, but don't want to engage. 
Actually I think there's some truth to this perspective. But it's not because Putin would be scared of Trump. It would be because Trump would be helping to further weaken NATO, the UN and other institutions along with the USA's reputation as a trustworthy ally. Putin would happily wait while those targets get softened. When your enemy is shooting himself in the foot, don't interrupt.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Shaddie said:

No. I won’t pick another fight. The GQP is broken. This is from me who grew up in your area and considered myself Republican till DT came onboard and am sick as shit of you fuckers defending his every move. Admit Trump and Putin are bad for America. 

Not a Trumper.

WTF are you talking about?  Get a fucking clue.

7 minutes ago, Shaddie said:

A big part of it is, this isn't just some dumbass like Sheila Jackson Lee saying something stupid that doesn't really align with the Democratic party in any particular way.  In other words, an "independent" act of stupidity.

This is a stupid fucker's attempt to curry favor with the power that is in the GOP.  It is not at all an independent act of a stupid man.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Starfleet Command said:

Flynn is nuts but he’s correct here. Putin may have invaded anyway, but we didn’t even try to negotiate with him. 

What? 

JFC what was there to negotiate? Anybody with a functional brain can take Putin at HIS word he wants to re-establish Soviet Union. 

1 minute ago, fuggled said:
6 hours ago, Mo Horn said:
And more examples of how fucked as a nation. Here is one of the posts by someone on my Facebook feed
I do not believe Putin would have made this move with Trump in office.
I really want to respond with, then you're a fucking idiot, but don't want to engage. 

Actually I think there's some truth to this perspective. But it's not because Putin would be scared of Trump. It would be because Trump would be helping to further weaken NATO, the UN and other institutions along with the USA's reputation as a trustworthy ally. Putin would happily wait while those targets get softened. When your enemy is shooting himself in the foot, don't interrupt.

Since the account was banned prior to leaving office, the tweets are only accessed through an archive, but this one is from 2017, two years prior to The Call. At that point,  Poroshenko was still leader of Ukraine.

trump2.png.b7888e270e953b89fb14ad86ef43c5ac.png

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Starfleet Command said:

Flynn is nuts but he’s correct here. Putin may have invaded anyway, but we didn’t even try to negotiate with him. 

Lol. Putin went in to stop the genocide of Russians in those two eastern districts and to end the Nazification of Ukraine.  A lot to negotiate with there.  

11 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Sky News had the same. I think they got it from Reuters.

I don't think we can underestimate the power of motivation here.  The Ukranians are fighting for their very existence, the future of their children, and their homes.  Not sure the average Ruskie soldier really knows what he's fighting for.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Sbbruin said:

I don't think we can underestimate the power of motivation here.  The Ukranians are fighting for their very existence, the future of their children, and their homes.  Not sure the average Ruskie soldier really knows what he's fighting for.

This.  Even if they know, they don’t give a shit.

agreed.

I don't like the guy, nor have I defended his actions/ decisions in this thread.

Yet and still, it doesn't mean hey they other folks in Washington are pure as fuck now.

and Imamac plays the "stupid" card.   fuck off dude.

Ok. You DON’T like Trump. Good to know. 
Care to tell us who you voted for last 2 elections? I figure if “for us or against us” is good for republicans then good for all of us.