2023 Transfer Thread - Texas Capitalized, ATM Victimized

closetojumping

9 minutes ago, brojangles2 said:

How much eligibility does AD have left? 

That's a good question.  Mitchell played in 3 regular season games and the conference championship game.  Then he played in both playoff games.

The NCAA put out a notice they were creating a 'waiver' that would allow players to play in Bowl Games without effecting RS and eligibility.

If both playoff games count as 'Bowl Games' then Mitchell should have three seasons of eligibility left.  Though he is likely one-and-done if he has a good year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

I wonder how many of Alabama’s starters play school.  3?

I believe SC stopped recruiting him too, hence why he's not signed. There's a level of baseline "do what it takes to stay eligible" that even Bama wants to see.

Of course, he'll probably pull a Johnny Wilson, go to the Tempe School for Kids Who Can't Read Good and play really well.

21 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Yes.

This is from the Georgia On3 Mod.  I don't think he particularly 'in the loop' - but still good to see that most are now saying it is inevitable.

image.thumb.png.657efb94622017dea344a3772574d672.png

Lol ya, wasn’t even a thing a week ago. That dude is going to cry NIL, which is going to be absolutely delicious coming from Georgia lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

AD Mitchell was a relatively lightly recruited Ole Miss commit that grew a couple inches after his HS-Jr season and impressed on the camp circuit. He was in Fort Bend before moving to Tennessee and there was a bunch of 9.95er allusion to him looking around and wanting to get back to Texas. Herman offered and pursued briefly before Georgia clamped down and it was pretty drama free after that. His Senior production was weak and he quietly stuck with Georgia. 

There is plenty of non-sourced info out there to validate Mitchell's long-time familiarity with, and desire to return to Texas. The "tExAs BoUgHt hIm" crowd is just outing themselves as lazy and disinterested, 

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, ATXhorn17 said:

My Evan Stewart fantasy has pretty much died… He’ll flirt with us to hold aggy hostage a couple more years, but I doubt he’ll actually bolt.

At least we all know he's bleeding their boosters dry in the process.  I'm not in the loop but seems a safe guess he and Weigman both have way more leverage there than on the market (and both would do well in the market).  Those guys leave even Looch would have to admit it's Jimbo couldn't recover.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Drummond said:

I wasn't aware WR were allowed to win 50/50 balls.

I will go on record now, if we get Neyor back at full speed, and Mitchell comes here, we are going to be in 4 wides a ton. Worthy and JWhit in the slot with Neyor and Mitchell on the outside would be incredible. Pull JWhit off the field for Sanders in our base package. This is my unfettered wishcast for 2024.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

7 minutes ago, ATXhorn17 said:

My Evan Stewart fantasy has pretty much died… He’ll flirt with us to hold aggy hostage a couple more years, but I doubt he’ll actually bolt.

Sark has already identified managing the WR room as an issue, and adding Stewart would give us two Xavier Worthy’s in that room. There are certainly worse things than constantly upping the price for aggy to keep him while adding other good WRs who aren’t complete divas. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Vertigo said:

I will go on record now, if we get Neyor back at full speed, and Mitchell comes here, we are going to be in 4 wides a ton. Worthy and JWhit in the slot with Neyor and Mitchell on the outside would be incredible. Pull JWhit off the field for Sanders in our base package. This is my unfettered wishcast for 2024.  

Naw. J.T. Sanders is too good as both a receiving & blocking TE that he won't come off the field much.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

7 minutes ago, ATXhorn17 said:

He would probably start here, but we should be good with AD, Worthy, Whittington, Cook, Neyor plus Moore, Niblett, and Thompson.

24 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

So a 995er who didn’t even know this was a thing until yesterday when it’s been in the works for over a month just throws out USC as an option with no real info, and y’all turn immediately start giving your reactions to losing Mitchell to USC? Was the discussion about our worst losses under Charlie and Herman not engaging enough for you? 
Surly is truly a hive of masochists. 

Yeah GIF

• Hook 'Em 2

If Mitchell comes, I like the way Sark, whether intentional or not, has set up the WR room.  

You’ve got a hell of a room with experience with Mitchell, Worthy, Neyor, and Whit for this year that on paper is a year to make noise and you’ve got open spots to sell to younger guys in the program for next year.  Come in, learn behind the older guys (outside of Cook, I think he gets time), and be ready to fill spots left by those 4.  Every one of the young guys should have a spot to chase and be able to envision starting in with Arch as your starting QB. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

I am not sure I see a lot of 4 WRs on the field next year, Sanders is going to have a say in that. I do think we see a lot more 11 personnel. #1 reason to spread it out more is Quinn looked a lot more comfortable in spread sets. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Oh, you're just now coming to realize that your fantasy isn't going to be fulfilled? What are you, just waking up from a December '22 month-long bender?

In related news, I have to say that TheMailbox is fast out of the blocks for the 2023 award for Most Voluminous Yet Worthless Poster of the Year. He's like ZTejas and The Football Board stepped into at Telepod from The Fly and merged into an even more hideous posting monstrosity that is worse than the sum of their wretched parts. But lets not discount newcomer TheContractor, as it's a long year and the race to the bottom as always is fast and seemingly without limit. 

In related news, if any of the above posters would be interested in a sub to Orangebloods, I'm sure we can croudsource some folks to pay for it if you promise to never, ever, return here. Like ever. 

The Kid Mero Showtime GIF by Desus & Mero

13 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

I will go on record now, if we get Neyor back at full speed, and Mitchell comes here, we are going to be in 4 wides a ton. Worthy and JWhit in the slot with Neyor and Mitchell on the outside would be incredible. Pull JWhit  WORTHY  off the field for Sanders in our base package. This is my unfettered wishcast for 2024.  

9 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Naw. J.T. Sanders is too good as both a receiving & blocking TE that he won't come off the field much.

8 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Notice I said Sanders was on the field in our base package... Sark isn't going to go full air raid. 

JWhit can block like a light fullback AND catch the ball. Worthy doesn’t put in much effort unless he gets the ball within 15 yards of the QB. With a healthy Neyor and Adonai on the squad, Worthy should only be on the field for about 50% of the snaps.

But Sark is an idiot… savant, who has a difficult time learning from his mistakes.

• Drool 1

13 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Notice I said Sanders was on the field in our base package... Sark isn't going to go full air raid. 

But you also said we’d go 4 wide a ton, which would require taking Sanders off the field a ton. We run enough plays that we can give 4 WRs starter level snaps without having to be in 4 wide that often. 

The real issue will be target share. Worthy, Sanders, and JAhitt will still be targeted heavily, but Neyor and Mitchell will need over 100 targets combined. Sark/Ewers have to cut down on Worthy’s targets significantly and spread those out to the other guys. Hopefully that and more offensive success will lead to more targets overall. 

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

But you also said we’d go 4 wide a ton, which would require taking Sanders off the field a ton. We run enough plays that we can give 4 WRs starter level snaps without having to be in 4 wide that often. 

The real issue will be target share. Worthy, Sanders, and JAhitt will still be targeted heavily, but Neyor and Mitchell will need over 100 targets combined. Sark/Ewers have to cut down on Worthy’s targets significantly and spread those out to the other guys. Hopefully that and more offensive success will lead to more targets overall. 

maybe this solves the drops.. with so many competing for targets, last thing they'd want is to drop it.

40 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Oh, you're just now coming to realize that your fantasy isn't going to be fulfilled? What are you, just waking up from a December '22 month-long bender?

In related news, I have to say that TheMailbox is fast out of the blocks for the 2023 award for Most Voluminous Yet Worthless Poster of the Year. He's like ZTejas and The Football Board stepped into at Telepod from The Fly and merged into an even more hideous posting monstrosity that is worse than the sum of their wretched parts. But lets not discount newcomer TheContractor, as it's a long year and the race to the bottom as always is fast and seemingly without limit. 

In related news, if any of the above posters would be interested in a sub to Orangebloods, I'm sure we can croudsource some folks to pay for it if you promise to never, ever, return here. Like ever. 

Sorry, I should have specified: my Evan Stewart fantasy died a while ago...

You self-important ass. So important that you’ve accumulated 12,000 posts on surlyhorns — the mark of a truly successful life.

Edited by ATXhorn17
  • Haha 3

54 minutes ago, Red Five said:

We probably have also seen the last of playing a third OT, consistently. 

Well the Karjic OT/Big TE was a direct byproduct of our super young OL needing help. Hopefully, after a full year, the pups are grown up enough that we don't need a big inline TE to help block.

8 minutes ago, Tylerocks said:

Looking at the ON3 Portal tracker....SMU is fucking killing the portal. (at least today)

I think you're confusing the enrollment date (which is today) with the various individual recruit commitment dates. But yes, they have a metric fuck ton of transfers.

1 hour ago, ATXhorn17 said:

Sorry, I should have specified: my Evan Stewart fantasy died a while ago...

You self-important ass. So important that you’ve accumulated 12,000 posts on surlyhorns — the mark of a truly successful life.

Oooh, post count smack! I'd guess rep smack would be the next lame attack you could make, but that probably wouldn't paint the picture you're looking to paint. 

I've got to tell you buddy, I'm not even close to the most successful guy on this website, by a damn sight but uh, yeah, I've got a pretty successful life by just about any metric you want to measure it...business is good, happily married to an attractive woman, working to be very present and good father to my kiddo. I'd feel pretty...prettaaaaaaay good about taking that pepsi challenge. 

And by the way, in my original post I wasn't referencing you as a guy who should be shipped off the Orangebloods, just the other two. But well, if you feel strongly about it...

Simms List GIF - Simms List - Discover & Share GIFs

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 9
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Contradicting Yourself In One Tweet 101:

1) This has been in the works for a month or longer
2) OMG THE TWIST AND TURNS IN THE LAST WEEK!

By the way, I don't think a player transferring to be closer to home or a kid in any way qualifies as "The new Era In College Sports" unless by that he meant "Same as it's been for at least the last 20+ years."

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1