MaybeACoordinator has passed away - Official Farewell Thread

Brisketexan

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2023 at 2:52 PM, Brisketexan said:

Sigh. Shit.

And I owe him a call.

The man has to want to get better. And I just don’t know if he does.

On 4/25/2023 at 1:19 PM, Hornius Emeritus said:

He's apparently taken a turn for the worse and is in very critical condition.  Dang .. I spoke with him at length about two months ago and he posted on FB on April 15. Fuck.

Does either of y'all know how he's doing?

• immamac changed the title to MaybeACoordinator is Terminal - Official Farewell Thread
  • immamac pinned this topic

Fucking fuck!  I didn't know  him IRL.  But we exchanged messages and he was of great help/inspiration to me, and a funny and smart cat with a lot of life lessons and experience in so many things.  Shit.  Just shit.  It's all shit.  But he was a light.  

• Hook 'Em 3

Truly heartbreaking. Like Lobo, I'd never met him in person but we'd also exchanged messages over the last decade, and I'd been following him on FB for a few years. He was a really great writer and told some fascinating stories about his dad, his town, and his life. I think I'm going to cry now.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Jerry Callo said:

Instead on dwelling on his end, feel free to take a look at the legacy he made.  Books on Amazon, articles in Houston publications, and articles in many other places, including 244 Texas Monthly articles.

Oh my god, I met him at the Texas Book Festival.  Likely at our author breakfasts at Texas Monthly HQ.  Holy shit.  

What a fucking small world.  And it's a little worse off today.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

26 minutes ago, Jerry Callo said:

Instead on dwelling on his end, feel free to take a look at the legacy he made.  Books on Amazon, articles in Houston publications, and articles in many other places, including 244 Texas Monthly articles.

Very cool. Didn't know he was a writer. Also figured he was an older guy (unfortunately).

RIP.

34 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

The People's Elbow

So TJ really wasn’t TPE. 

So much history in this community and we lose a little of it, bit by bit, every year. As he goes, so goes a piece of the HornFans/Shaggy/Surly lore. 

Vaya con Dios. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

• blacklab changed the title to MaybeACoordinator has passed away - Official Farewell Thread
  • immamac unpinned this topic