Jill Biden uses breakfast taco metaphor when talking about Mexicans

Harrison Bergeron

My wife is from SA, too. Y'all both know your favorite spots are closed by two in the afternoon. Availability was the clearly stated point of my post, and that point stands.
I will also state that breakfast burritos are too much of a commitment, and discourage both focus and flexibility.

Why do I want a breakfast taco in the afternoon? By afternoon I’ve moved on to enchiladas, fajitas, or regular tacos. I don’t care if I can’t get a breakfast taco in the afternoon.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

"If you were a breakfast taco, what kind of breakfast taco would you be" might be a more interesting thread...

I'd be something made with real lard. And I would come from a tiny taco concession inside a gas station.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hate said:

Why do I want a breakfast taco in the afternoon? By afternoon I’ve moved on to enchiladas, fajitas, or regular tacos. I don’t care if I can’t get a breakfast taco in the afternoon.

It’s a weird critique for sure. But the lady in the truck down the street is open all day. 7-11 is breakfast tacos. Then it’s tortas, pastor, and charro beans

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Hate said:

Yea that's a silly point to make, 4pm breakfast tacos mean we are the best!!!

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Hate said:

giphy.gif

It takes a comment such as yours that is so egregiously wrong that I will actually come to the cesspool forum to post.  Also, as a SA native, I would have no issues being likened to a breakfast taco...specifically a carne guisada or bean and cheese. 

gringo question: is the only difference between a carne guisada breakfast taco and a carne guisada taco the time of day?

Goddamn the snowflakes are melting over this?

A speechwriter attempts to (clumsily) celebrate the beauty of a universally loved staple created by a proud people, the first Lady reads the script, and dipshits of the world pretend to be offended?

These are the same people nodding their heads in unison with dotard's talk about "shithole countries. "

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

29 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

"If you were a breakfast taco, what kind of breakfast taco would you be" might be a more interesting thread...

egg, refried beans, chorizo, potato and cheese

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

gringo question: is the only difference between a carne guisada breakfast taco and a carne guisada taco the time of day?

4b4e0dd3975714cabfee09006f5cb65c.gif

Edit to add: traditionally if you order carne guisada in the morning it will be in breakfast taco form with no sides. If you order carne guisada in the afternoon or evening, you will get a plate with carne guisada, rice, beans, and tortillas to make your own tacos with.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, CooterBrown said:

Just one? How many did your husband have?

I had already had a "healthy" breakfast, but my son came home from swim practice starving, so I made him two and said "fuck it, I'm having one too". If it makes you feel better, a whole second taco's worth of filling fell out of it, and I ate it with my fingers because I didn't feel like making another tortilla...because I'm even more lazy than I am fat. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

• immamac changed the title to Jill Biden uses breakfast taco metaphor when talking about Mexicans
14 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Let's all congratulate OP for correctly posting this in the CR, as opposed to his usual practice of whining in the Daily Texan about liberals and wokeness. 

Way to go OP. Now we just gotta fix that carbon monoxide leak in your house 

Also tried to make some stupid political point and brought us all together over our love of tacos instead 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, F250 said:

As a Latino and a San Antonian, I declare Jill's statement not offensive.

My ruling is final.

community agree GIF

I saw a couple of comments on it among friends this afternoon and was wondering, "WTF?"

Then I read what she said and truly wondered, "WTF?"

Then again, i tend to be pretty fucking blunt on shit like that, so my inner neanderthal is likely winning out.

Feels like very acute "gotcha politics" to me.  It's bullshit.

2 hours ago, troph said:

I love breakfast tacos, I would fuck one, marry one, have it's baby and ultimately that's because I want to be a breakfast taco because breakfast tacos bring happiness.

Kevin James Kingofqueens GIF by TV Land

6 minutes ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

You fuckers cost me $1,000. I mean I knew you were a bunch of racist retards, but even I didn’t think you were such idiots. I’m taking the under on mouth breather morons moving forward.

Season 4 What GIF by The Office

41 minutes ago, CowboyFred said:

As a Mexican, better to be likened to a breakfast taco than a murderer and rapist, no? 

Shitty thread is shitty

Yeah but, hombre, some of them are decent, I assume.

11 minutes ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

You fuckers cost me $1,000. I mean I knew you were a bunch of racist retards, but even I didn’t think you were such idiots. I’m taking the under on mouth breather morons moving forward.

Ok Farva…

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

Yea I bet the bigots are the people talking about tacos not the ones using words like “retard”

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2