2022 Fall Camp: Drippin'

DFW Horn

16 minutes ago, immamac said:

The best case scenario for this season is a close loss to Alabama, then running the table, getting to the playoff for an alabama rematch in the NCG

So, Texas is last year’s “Georgia”? 
Hell, yes. I’m in. Let’s go. 

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Lumping these in with the rest of the Saban comparison nonsense. Y'all should start the Sarkisian Fantasies thread with Wulaw.

There's no "reasoning, logic and common sense" attached to some notion that Sarkisian is the next Saban and we're about to be pointed straight up.

Good lord man we are not saying he is the next Saban. We are just not convinced he will never be better than 7 win Steve. Based on him previously winning 8 and 9 games at UW and USC, while dealing with his personal issues it’s not unreasonable to think he could get to a point where he’s winning 10 at Texas when you combine the fact he is sober with NIL and a move to the SEC. Based on the last decade that sounds pretty fucking good.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

One of the things I've seen "loudly and stupidly" thrown out there since Seven Loss Steve's faceplant in 2021 is the tired trope that every fanbase tosses out there when their new coach buttfucks the first season, and that trope is "NICK SABAN LOST TO LA MONROE AND SUCKED IN HIS FIRST YEAR AT BAMA!!!". 

Get.The.Fuck.Out.Of.Here. with that lazy shit and thread-clogging nonsense. Come up with something new. Hell the Aranda Baylor comparisons are at least a little more creative. Sarkisian isn't going to be the greatest of all time. He's shown nothing to merit a Nick fucking Saban comparison, whatsoever, as a HC with 7+ seasons as a HC under his belt.

Nick Saban had won a national title already when took over the Bama dumpster fire. Christ. This off the rails nonsense about winning 12 games after what we witnessed last season is worse than the thoughtless negativity about lack of OL and DL portaling. It's just fantasy, not grounded in anyone's reality, isn't a bookend possibility, and it just fucking muddies the water on the thread.

Go start a "Jacking Off To My Steve Sarkisian Performance Fantasies" thread if your fucking hard-on about this shit needs a safe place.

I'm in no way shape or form saying that Sark is the next Saban... what I am saying, however, is that it may still be too soon to tell what he is. In Saban's first 7 seasons as a HC his record was 51-30-1 with zero 10 win seasons. His first 10 win season was yea number 8. He only had 3 seasons out of his first 9 in which he won more than 8 games (9, 9, 10), and he didn't win his first title until year 10.

Sarks record over his first 7 full seasons as a head coach (not counting half season at usc) is 48 -40 with one season over 8 wins (9). 

He very well may fall flat on his face... but what if he doesn't? Some coaches just take a little while to get rolling. 

Edited by Lou_Sassle

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Lumping these in with the rest of the Saban comparison nonsense. Y'all should start the Sarkisian Fantasies thread with Wulaw.

There's no "reasoning, logic and common sense" attached to some notion that Sarkisian is the next Saban and we're about to be pointed straight up. It's fine to want that to happen, but admonishing others for seeing the actual fact set and simply saying "It doesn't look good" is bullshit.

This guy has a resume. He has a history. He shit himself repeatedly last year. Getting mad about people tempering their expectations and calling them whiny bitches and so forth is bullshit.

Trying to gaslight other posters with some dipshitted notion that we lack data to draw conclusions is bullshit.

I say all that gladly hoping that the team kills it this year, but hope is not a strategy and sunshine-pumping nauseating.

As long as people continue to claim as a FACT that Sark cannot possibly be a good coach because (in his first season) he dropped 6 in a row, including to Kansas at home, I'm going to bring it up.   Because that argument is fucking stupid.  You point out how Saban won a national championship prior to his UL-Monroe oopsie... it validates my point. 

We obviously disagree on what we think Sark's resume says about him.  That's fine.  I don't really have the appetite to spar with you on that.  I'm fucking retarded and it gives me a headache trying to anticipate the ways you'll shit all over every thing I type.  I've laid out in previous posts why there's reason to believe he proved himself a capable head coach, given the circumstances.  

All I'm really fucking saying is that it's too early to know what Sark is going to be at Texas.  I know you aren't refuting that, but others 1000% are.  At this point, sound reasoning and logic can support both pessimistic and optimistic viewpoints.  You obviously think your position is superior, but stop acting like anybody who disagrees is solely wish casting and pumping sunshine out of their ass.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

My expectations are at an all time low going into this season, but it’s kind of freeing in a way. If we get out of our non-conference schedule at 2-1 and manage to look solid while doing it I’m sure I’ll start to get my hopes up again. If we’re 1-2 or a 2-1 full of red flags about what’s to come, then whatever, I’m least I’m ready for it this time. 

My main goal is to enjoy every Bijan carry we get. He’s a special player, and watching him run is fun as hell. Not going to take that for granted if, by October, the talk turns into if we should hire Traylor, Saban, or Bill Belichick. 

9 minutes ago, Lou_Sassle said:

I'm in no way shape or form saying that Sark is the next Saban... what I am saying, however, is that it may still be too soon to tell what he is. In Saban's first 7 seasons as a HC his record was 51-30-1 with zero 10 win seasons. His first 10 win season was yea number 8. He only had 3 seasons out of his first 9 in which he won more than 8 games (9, 9, 10), and he didn't win his first title until year 10.

Sarks record over his first 7 full seasons as a head coach (not counting half season at usc) is 48 -40 with one season over 8 wins (9). 

He very well may fall flat on his face... but what if he doesn't? Some coaches just take a little while to get rolling. 

See, this kind of approach to the actual data forming an outlook, that's great and I'd argue consistent with what would actually improve output from the football board overall. 

My argument has never been that Sarkisian can't be a successful head coach. My argument has always been that he's done nothing so far to merit that outlook, so it's all hope and emotion based shit. That's fine too. I think it is bullshit when people begin conflating their need to feel good about the future with him at the helm with any data supporting that notion, and any derision towards others who don't share the outlook. 

Here's hoping.

9 minutes ago, 40acredropout said:

As long as people continue to claim as a FACT that Sark cannot possibly be a good coach because (in his first season) he dropped 6 in a row, including to Kansas at home, I'm going to bring it up.   Because that argument is fucking stupid.  You point out how Saban won a national championship prior to his UL-Monroe oopsie... it validates my point. 

We obviously disagree on what we think Sark's resume says about him.  That's fine.  I don't really have the appetite to spar with you on that.  I'm fucking retarded and it gives me a headache trying to anticipate the ways you'll shit all over every thing I type.  I've laid out in previous posts why there's reason to believe he proved himself a capable head coach, given the circumstances.  

All I'm really fucking saying is that it's too early to know what Sark is going to be at Texas.  I know you aren't refuting that, but others 1000% are.  At this point, sound reasoning and logic can support both pessimistic and optimistic viewpoints.  You obviously think your position is superior, but stop acting like anybody who disagrees is solely wish casting and pumping sunshine out of their ass.  

I don't really know who is claiming as FACT that Sarkisian can't be a good coach. That's not really an issue. The FACT is that he hasn't been a good coach, and there's not an argument to support a counter to that involving an associated fact set. So, yeah, man, you're not standing on some rock of righteousness, refuting us wrongheaded slackjaws declaring Sarkisian a future failure. You're tilting at windmills. 

I'm not espousing a position that Sarkisian can't be successful at Texas. I'm challenging yours and others in which you insist on claiming that he will be and we're meanies for pointing to his past as a reason for skepticism.

8 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

Asian-Women.jpg

I normally like these from you, and I dig the Asian ladies as a group, but these selections are not your best work, especially the large under-aged female in the center shot.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, bejezuz said:

You know, it's threads like this that drove me to go ahead and pony up for an IT subscription. I think I'll just go back to enjoying the expensive Kool-Aid and living in relative ignorance.  

There's a lot to be said for someone who knows their limits. A lot of people would prefer to take the blue pill if they could do it all over again. Good luck.

matrix_steak.jpg

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, MoJames said:

I skipped 10 pages and this is where we are, huh?

Disgusted Season 11 GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

I didn't type that, so not sure how/why you're quoting me with it. In any event, I don't use the term "Sark". Seven Loss Steve, maybe? Seven Win Steve, sure. Steve Sarklossian, yes. Steve Sarklostagain, of course. Haven't seen enough on the W side to give in to the whole Sark thing. 

25 minutes ago, bejezuz said:

You know, it's threads like this that drove me to go ahead and pony up for an IT subscription. I think I'll just go back to enjoying the expensive Kool-Aid and living in relative ignorance.  

For 12 straight years I’ve followed recruiting and the program closely, and yet managed to over-estimate wins almost every year. At this point there’s nothing wrong with a cold dose of reality or pessimism. For once I’d like to be positively surprised. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

For 12 straight years I’ve followed recruiting and the program closely, and yet managed to over-estimate wins almost every year. At this point there’s nothing wrong with a cold dose of reality or pessimism. For once I’d like to be positively surprised. 

This is where I'm at. Show me, don't tell me. Your actions speak so loud, I can't hear what you are saying.

Nobody can completely excuse the coaching last season.  Particularly on the defensive side of the ball which Sark is ultimately responsible for.  There was as many WTF moments as we saw with Orlando.    But the leadership on last years team was absolute garbage.  Some of the worst we've ever seen and we've had a bunch of entitled soft players over the past decade plus of mediocrity.  Our starting QB literally cleaned out his locker and quit the team multiple times before finally quitting for good and had his dad stirring up drama in the press during the damn season.  Then you have BJ foster which isn't even worth elaborating on and a starting WR that loses us the Baylor game because he can't catch then quits. If Sam was at QB how many more wins do have (both from not losing us games with turnovers but from not putting up with the BS from his teammates).??  That 3 game stretch of dogshit (Iowa St., Kansas, WVU) is as much on the players as it is the coaches.  

It's yet to be seen whether the 'culture' of this team has greatly improved from last year but I'm not sure it can be any worse.  

• Hook 'Em 4

24 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I didn't type that, so not sure how/why you're quoting me with it. In any event, I don't use the term "Sark". Seven Loss Steve, maybe? Seven Win Steve, sure. Steve Sarklossian, yes. Steve Sarklostagain, of course. Haven't seen enough on the W side to give in to the whole Sark thing. 

Oh it was you quoting him, meant more for him.

1 hour ago, 40acredropout said:

I don't know that he cannot be a good head coach. I just know that there is nothing on his resume that says he will be a good head coach. I hope he is. I am not sure this was a chance worth taking for the University of Texas. But here we are. Again.

• Hook 'Em 3

17 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I don't really know who is claiming as FACT that Sarkisian can't be a good coach. That's not really an issue. The FACT is that he hasn't been a good coach, and there's not an argument to support a counter to that involving an associated fact set. So, yeah, man, you're not standing on some rock of righteousness, refuting us wrongheaded slackjaws declaring Sarkisian a future failure. You're tilting at windmills. 

I'm not espousing a position that Sarkisian can't be successful at Texas. I'm challenging yours and others in which you insist on claiming that he will be and we're meanies for pointing to his past as a reason for skepticism.

This is what I'm talking about.  Really?  An argument doesn't exist to support idea of him being a good coach?

UW in 5 seasons before Sark and during Sark's tenure:

WINS:  1-2-5-4-0 ->  5-7-7-7-9

RECRUITING RANK:   23-66-35-36-24 -> 68-28-23-21-18

Is that not the body of work of a good coach?  I'm not trying to play gotcha.  Really- what would Sark had to have done at UW for you to have considered him a good coach?

Yes-  wheels fell off at USC.  After he won 9 games in year 1 with scholarship sanctions.

I completely disagree with the notion that an argument cannot be made that Sark has demonstrated himself to be a good coach.  Are we now disagreeing on the definition of good?  Maybe.  I see someone who has shown they are more than capable and could be a winner at Texas.   I'm not "insisting he will be" successful.   We don't know yet.  Which again, is my whole fucking point.  I'm pushing back on this idea that any optimism could not possibly be rooted in fact or reason.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 40acredropout said:

This is what I'm talking about.  Really?  An argument doesn't exist to support idea of him being a good coach?

UW in 5 seasons before Sark and during Sark's tenure:

WINS:  1-2-5-4-0 ->  5-7-7-7-9

RECRUITING RANK:   23-66-35-36-24 -> 68-28-23-21-18

Is that not the body of work of a good coach?  I'm not trying to play gotcha.  Really- what would Sark had to have done at UW for you to have considered him a good coach?

Yes-  wheels fell off at USC.  After he won 9 games in year 1 with scholarship sanctions.

I completely disagree with the notion that an argument cannot be made that Sark has demonstrated himself to be a good coach.  Are we now disagreeing on the definition of good?  Maybe.  I see someone who has shown they are more than capable and could be a winner at Texas.   I'm not "insisting he will be" successful.   We don't know yet.  Which again, is my whole fucking point.  I'm pushing back on this idea that any optimism could not possibly be rooted in fact or reason.  

For starters, Sarkisian didn't win 9 games at UW. I'm not playing gotcha either, but get your shit together. He didn't sign that final class, either. 

Next, it would be a requirement for us to agree on the definition of an otherwise subjective word - good. I don't think you and I think of "good" as anything close to the same thing.

Finally, you can take comfort in p-hacking your way to a position, but it's less than tenable when trying to stand by the position with other people who aren't drunk or high, and that would include me at the moment. There is no point in looking at UW on an island in evaluating Sarkisian's HC history. The USC seasons occurred. The 2021 Texas season occurred. This isn't late 2013 and Texas has just hired a young and upward trending Steve Sarkisian as its next HC. USC did that and their fans got excited. Then he got blackout drunk and vomited all over them. You don't get to ignore that in a public discourse on the efficacy of the man as HC here and now at Texas. 

Sarkisian is 2-2 low tier bowls. He was fired as an OC in the NFL after 2 consecutive years of moving his team's offense backwards. He was fired for being drunk on the sidelines during a televised fucking game at a top 5 program of all time. He fell backwards into Saban's lap both times and then experienced wild success as an OC. He experienced wild success working under Pete Carroll as well. 

The whole premise that the guy has been "good" is a fucking joke. He worked under two of the most successful NCAA coaches of all time. Any other time away from either guy, his success has been on the spectrum somewhere ranging between historically embarrassing and fine. 

I don't get why it is so important to some of you that others think this guy is a good coach. You do it to the point that you insist on arguing about it until someone has to beat the fuck out of you in public over it by doing nothing but using the actual facts associated to the guy's career against you. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, bejezuz said:

Oh no please don't go. We are going to be national champions and Quinn and Bijan are going 1 and 2 in NY for the Heisman, but they are so dedicated to the school they decide to be the first co-heisman trophy winners. 

All 5 of our OL will be freshman and will only get better the next 4 years. Our DL is stacked full of freaks who are going to beat out their senior counterparts by halftime of the Alabama game and our linebackers are going to have the highlight reel of the decade.

Show me a LOSS you bleeding vaginas! 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 2

It's too soon to say much about Sark's time here.

If he was 10-2 last year, it would still be too soon.

I like the offensive trajectory.  I like the two new coaches this year.  I like the recruiting.

He did hire the defensive staff backwards which is definitely on him.

Maybe he can course correct and maybe he can't.  We'll see.

• Hook 'Em 2

All I know is that whether anyone here believes Sark sucks/is good/mediocre, it won’t change the outcome of a single game that is played this year (assuming one of you fuckers don’t get the urge to run onto the field to proclaim, in person, which side you’re repping).

Whether we go 9-3, 7-5, or 4-8…… “I fuckin told you” will surely be thrown around at years end. 

Off-season is almost over, and the season is upon us. The amount of question marks for the team should atleast make shit “interesting” this season. Normal people would probably feel “excitement”. However, this is Surly, and you miserable fucks can’t ever let that occur. 

We are going to win, you fucking fucks!!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

There's a lot to be said for someone who knows their limits. A lot of people would prefer to take the blue pill if they could do it all over again. Good luck.
matrix_steak.jpg

I dislike many of your posts, but that is a perfect reference. Job well done. Now, what about the girl in the red dress?

See, this kind of approach to the actual data forming an outlook, that's great and I'd argue consistent with what would actually improve output from the football board overall. 

My argument has never been that Sarkisian can't be a successful head coach. My argument has always been that he's done nothing so far to merit that outlook, so it's all hope and emotion based shit. That's fine too. I think it is bullshit when people begin conflating their need to feel good about the future with him at the helm with any data supporting that notion, and any derision towards others who don't share the outlook. 

Here's hoping.

I normally like these from you, and I dig the Asian ladies as a group, but these selections are not your best work, especially the large under-aged female in the center shot.

All of these ladies are at least 40 with multiple children

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Fud said:

Hookah- "Just got a text that all the kickers were struggling to hit 32 yd FGs after practice."

So we don't have a kicker. 

He really is a Saban disciple. 

Yeah - that too. Wasn't this freshman kid supposed to be a kicking phenom? WTF happened?