[2022] Louisiana Monroe @ Texas

Wulaw Horn

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

I wasn't a math major, but I think that's like 8 or 9 of 'em.

If we can’t make extra points you can get to a lot of uncommon numbers.  If we decide to go for 2 it brings more numbers into play.  If we try to kick extra points, make one or two, miss one or two, and then decide to start going for 2, we could hit some really unusual point totals.  I’m all in for not punting, going for 2 every time, and accepting the results if our kickers truly suck.

• Hook 'Em 2

FCB on Jahleel Billingsley

Texas is dealing with an NCAA issue involving Alabama transfer tight end Jahleel Billingsley stemming from his time in Tuscaloosa that could impact his availability for Saturday’s season opener, multiple sources told Horns247.

Texas appealed the ruling, and there's a chance Billingsley's suspension could be lifted or changed at some point, possibly even prior to Saturday’s opener against ULM, according to one source.

UT officials haven't responded to questions about the situation

But if Billingsley isn’t on the field on Saturday, you’ll know why.

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

Texas is dealing with an NCAA issue involving Alabama transfer tight end Jahleel Billingsley stemming from his time in Tuscaloosa that could impact his availability for Saturday’s season opener, multiple sources told Horns247.

Texas appealed the ruling, and there's a chance Billingsley's suspension could be lifted or changed at some point, possibly even prior to Saturday’s opener against ULM, according to one source.

Wtf? I hope this gets worked out for Saturday!

2 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

He’s been here 9 months and now there’s a problem?

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Our “compliance” department is such a joke.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Well that's... opaque. Too bad, since he's the one of the two Bama malcontents that actually seems to be working hard.

7 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

I listened to the EGAT podcast this morning with Paul “Scipio Tex” Wadlington and Ian Boyd and Boyd actually asked Paul where the University of Louisiana Monroe was located. 

Nice, gonna give it a listen.

Texas 63

LM - 3

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Well shit. Does the NCAA ever do 1-game suspensions?  I feel like these things are usually all-or-nothing, i.e. no penalty or done for the year.

1 hour ago, Duane Moore said:

I listened to the EGAT podcast this morning with Paul “Scipio Tex” Wadlington and Ian Boyd and Boyd actually asked Paul where the University of Louisiana Monroe was located. 

Well, "Where the fuck is Monroe, Louisiana?" would be an appropriate question.

• Hook 'Em 1

I think a lot of y'alls predictions regarding Bijan's running yardage are a little (or a lot) too high. If the game is put away early, he needs to sit to avoid chances of injury.

Regarding the talk of him needing to run up the yardage to increase his Heisman standings, I'd bet that if you ask him (or anybody on the team, including coaches), he cares more about staying healthy and winning games than winning the Heisman. Plus its too damn early to be worrying about the Heisman.

edit: I went back and found my prediction a few pages back. I picked 180 total for Bijan. I must have been drunk or high when I typed that because that is way too high.

Edited by High Plains Drifter
derp durp darp
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I think a lot of y'alls predictions regarding Bijan's running yardage are a little (or a lot) too high. If the game is put away early, he needs to sit to avoid chances of injury.

Regarding the talk of him needing to run up the yardage to increase his Heisman standings, I'd bet that if you ask him (or anybody on the team, including coaches), he cares more about staying healthy and winning games than winning the Heisman. Plus its too damn early to be worrying about the Heisman.

edit: I went back and found my prediction a few pages back. I picked 180 total for Bijan. I must have been drunk or high when I typed that because that is way too high.

I have already flamed people for this. You don't sit players for fear of injury if they are completely healthy.