Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

The Ace of Aces

56 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

LOL, if you have a Minton representing you, you're guilty.  A gal I used to date was hired there out of UT Law, and we used to hang out in the "red room" for drinks and war stories.  Roy and clan were relentless.

This is so laughably wrong, it stopped being comical halfway through.

• Hook 'Em 1

Jesus, I'm fucked.  I have grades due at noon today, and I spent the first two hours of the morning reading this thread instead of working on that.  I'm going to be spend the entire week filling out 219 Change-of-Grade forms now.
Fuck you, Beard!

You still have time. Thursday at 5:01 PM is when you need to start submitting change forms. And remember those route through the dean’s office. You don’t want that.
Edited to say this is the UT deadline. I didn’t know you were at another school.

13 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Nothing says "Top Tier Human" like choking your old lady.

1) I said "decent guy" not "top tier human"

2) I'm a softie and believe most people are good deep down but get lost along the way

People make mistakes. Especially when alcohol is involved. 

A person can be a good person when sober and terrible person when drunk. Those people need to simply stop drinking alcohol and life gets much better for them.

Disclaimer: I drink alcohol. I'm not an AA guy. But I've seen this type of shit enough times in my life.

• Hook 'Em 3

50 minutes ago, C-Man said:

They're going to arrest under suspicion of something but the fact that we have a firm charge of 3rd degree assault of a family member already does not strike me as a good sign.

Nobody is saying it took two hours for the cops to show up. Apparently, the first call to 911 came in sometime after midnight and Beard was arrested after 2 and booked after 4. The situation was probably defused rather quickly and then everybody sat around for a bit while an investigation or interviews were conducted. Beard was likely cuffed and put in the back of the cop car or isolated somewhere else for quite some time before they took him to jail.

Pretty sure a felony conviction is going to get just about anybody fired anywhere.

There's no difference. Assuming the fiance is the person who filed the complaint this is how it'll probably go:

Lawyer Perry Mason talks to her, she realizes her gravy train is Beard and she loves him, and she will drop all charges. Then the family and the UT AD put out statements that it was a misunderstanding or something like that, family issue, working on getting it situated, and please respect our privacy. 

For right or wrong that's the most likely scenario if it's about a domestic attack. There won't be formal charges filed unless she really wants to get him. And usually if that's the case it's a pattern of behavior that just now reared up publicly. I'll guess we'll see what happens

1 minute ago, MotownHorn said:

1) I said "decent guy" not "top tier human"

2) I'm a softie and believe most people are good deep down but get lost along the way

People make mistakes. Especially when alcohol is involved. 

A person can be a good person when sober and terrible person when drunk. Those people need to simply stop drinking alcohol and life gets much better for them.

Disclaimer: I drink alcohol. I'm not an AA guy. But I've seen this type of shit enough times in my life.

Why do you keep bringing up alcohol in relation to this incident? I mean I realize 99% of this thread is speculation but at least there is some tweet or rumor or whatever to base that speculation on. You seem to be just going off of time of night?

2 minutes ago, GoPokes83 said:

Too lazy to scroll 700 comments… wasn’t he in trouble before for domestic violence or whatever years ago, or did I just make that up?

Nah, domestic violence is usually one-offs and out of the blue.  Rarely is there a historical pattern of non-reported events

oj simpson trump GIF

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, justhookit said:

Why do you keep bringing up alcohol in relation to this incident? I mean I realize 99% of this thread is speculation but at least there is some tweet or rumor or whatever to base that speculation on. You seem to be just going off of time of night?

Maybe because of this?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, justhookit said:

Yes. I don't know many domestic violence incidents that occur at any time of day without alcohol involved. Let alone at midnight.

Just now, Beau Vine said:

Absolutely they care!  They don't care enough to do the work that's required to get good grades, but they care about the grade I assign.

Because they've really worked hard this semester, but they just had some things come up in their lives that made it difficult for them to focus on my class!  And they're not good test takers!

LOL bullseye

I got 2 emails last week, after the final exam period, from students who hadn't completed over half the work this semester but could definitely get As if only I would let them finish all their remaining work in a 48 hour period before grades were due.

1 minute ago, Beau Vine said:

Absolutely they care!  They don't care enough to do the work that's required to get good grades, but they care about the grade I assign.

Because they've really worked hard this semester, but they just had some things come up in their lives that made it difficult for them to focus on my class!  And they're not good test takers!

is that when you show them all their instagram posts from Tulum, Miami, Vegas, etc? 

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, Gucci_Suit said:

Back in the early 2000’s I was casually banging crazy chick that decided she was going to beat the shit out of me. She had some bumps on her from me deflecting her stupid punches, but had she called the cops, I’m pretty sure they would have hauled me in. We were all alone in my apartment and I had barely a scratch on me. Not saying that is what happened here, but there are sometimes 2-sides to a story.  

Regardless, if you’re a 49yo millionaire you need to never be in that situation. Very poor judgement and warrants what is coming his way. 

4 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

LOL bullseye

I got 2 emails last week, after the final exam period, from students who hadn't completed over half the work this semester but could definitely get As if only I would let them finish all their remaining work in a 48 hour period before grades were due.

2????

I literally got 40 of those emails.  One kid emailed me about 8 times.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, petscii said:

He has to never ever ever see this woman again.

That's not how this works, especially if they're both abusive in one way or another. She'll recant and stand by him begging people to believe her that he didn't do anything wrong, and one of them will be dead or seriously hurt in a few years. It's always fucking tragic and there's little you can do about it, even if he's prosecuted without her support, in many situations that makes them double down on the relationship. "Us against the world" until they are beating each other up again.

• Hook 'Em 5

2 hours ago, Hermanator said:

If the age we're living in has taught us anything it's to just PR the shit out of something initially, then go completely silent and it gets forgotten with the next school shooting or dumbass politician thing or something. People get distracted in record time these days.

I'm not holding the winning coach of my team to a higher standard than the people running the country are held. That's just crazy. 

There will be protesters outside the arena tonight calling for Beard’s head. Have you forgotten “We’re Texas” where protest has been an art form since the 60’s?

• immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi
  • immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi