Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

The Ace of Aces

7 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Agree. Although if it were the case, it may still depend on why he choked the bf. Like, if it was a defense situation, he'd be fine. If the bf just snuck in to make out, choking him out is still beyond fucked up.

Also may depend on what exactly the choking entailed. Doubt he really tried to kill the kid since it took 2 hours for the cops to arrive, but it could be anything from a quick grab (unlikely) to real serious shit.

Bottom line - we don't know shit, have to wait for info, but he's probably gone

Does Beard take jujitsu? Maybe he got him in a triangle or guillotine? That would be awesome

Not trying to excuse what Beard may have done, but I had a buddy who was once arrested for DV even though it was his wife who repeatedly struck him and he just pushed her back. She fell and called the cops and they took him in. Later they saw bruises on his body and let him go and never filed any charges. Not saying that's what happened but these things happen sometimes and people almost always blame the guy without knowing all the facts.

• Hook 'Em 2

42 minutes ago, Techsan23 said:

I'm loving this shit. There's 100+ of you that are dog shit human beings with no moral compass. All of you hiding behind a keyboard revealing your true selves. 

I'm sorry your entire identity is based on a college team that has no relation to yourselves and now your lives are crashing down as your emperor is sitting in travis county jail. 

This group is the worst of UT fans. 

Our identity? Dude um...this is UT we aren't exactly a basketball school. Most of our fans won't know or care Beard is being fired today.

Just now, MonkeyDoughnut said:

If true, the "daughter's boyfriend!" crowd is going to look like fools for trying to wishcast this away.  Especially whoever started it. 

Some people are just shitty and violent.  Beard may be that.  He won't be head coach at Texas by the end of the week. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

LOL, if you have a Minton representing you, you're guilty.  A gal I used to date was hired there out of UT Law, and we used to hang out in the "red room" for drinks and war stories.  Roy and clan were relentless.

Gaby Nestande highly recommends the Minton firm. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, kegman said:

As a Longhorn alum and fan, I have always held Longhorns to a higher standard.  If a coach is convicted of a felony, that coach should no longer be our coach.  I also believe strongly that the evidence needs to be reviewed before making such a decision.    As a Criminal Defense attorney who has handled 100s of family violence cases, I can say that this offense is the most wrongfully arrested crime I see.  Once the 911 call is made, someone is getting arrested.  Normally everyone involved is drunk and angry including the complaining witness.   The first thing some officers say is "If he choked you, we can arrest him a felony."  Some people can get mad and drunk enough to think a good way to end an argument is to get the other party arrested.  There is often no physical evidence or neutral witnesses on impeding cases.  Most are he said she said cases.  It also goes both ways as I have also handled cases where there is no doubt what happened, and the person charged is a piece of shit.   I do not know the facts in this case and would hesitate to rush to judgment.  

The reasoning above is something I’ve personally seen happen. And as I said earlier, Austin police officers are under pressure to treat family violence events very carefully and often arrest someone to sort it out later. They want to protect the potential victims from further violence. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

lol this thread is really going full texags in running with the defense against daughter’s teenage boyfriend thing

I'm certainly a lot more comfortable drawing premature conclusions about an adult in a leadership position that was arrested at 2AM on a Monday for felony assault than I am running with the narrative that, "Hey, maybe his daughter's boyfriend is a rapist." A teenage boy that, if he even exists, is being tracked down by internet sleuths as we speak.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Pancho said:

If true, definitely sounds like it was a girlfriend/spouse with a quick recant after the story blows up. Recanting by the victim of domestic abuse is not often all that helpful, especially if the police caught it in progress or shortly thereafter.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

Alright I don't even give a shit about what happens to Beard or what UT decides to do but as a father of daughters I probable should get some legal clarity on this from you legal types:

1.  If I wake up in the middle of the night and some  guy is in my house, and in my daughter's bedroom, without my permission or knowledge, would it be legally better for me to just shoot him versus getting in a physical altercation? 

2.  If I catch a intruder in my house in the middle of the night, am I in legal jeopardy if I physically assault him?  As a follow-up, if my minor daughter (who does not own my house) declares some guy her "boyfriend", does this give him some legal protection to now break in to my house?  

3.  If my minor daughter can give someone permission to break into my home without my permission, can she also give her permission for her "boyfriend" to take my car?  

That's some karma...  A guy named Horn Dog all worried about who his promiscuous daughter is bringing into the house.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Drool 1

Sigh.  This is why we can't have nice things.

Yes, I agree we should wait and let the facts play out, but this looks very, very bad.  If he did what he is accused of, then he is done here.  And probably everywhere else.

Why does it always seem like we take one step forward and then two steps backward as a program?

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

If true, the "daughter's boyfriend!" crowd is going to look like fools for trying to wishcast this away.  Especially whoever started it. 

Some people are just shitty and violent.  Beard may be that.  He won't be head coach at Texas by the end of the week. 

By the end of the day. UT isn't gonna fuck around. 

• Hook 'Em 3

18 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

When a police officer arrests someone they can't just say you're under arrest for some secret thing I won't disclose. They have to have an arresting charge then later when the DA's office gets ahold of it they decide what to formally charge the person with if anything. 

The police took him in for 3rd degree assault. 

They're going to arrest under suspicion of something but the fact that we have a firm charge of 3rd degree assault of a family member already does not strike me as a good sign.

8 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Agree. Although if it were the case, it may still depend on why he choked the bf. Like, if it was a defense situation, he'd be fine. If the bf just snuck in to make out, choking him out is still beyond fucked up.

Also may depend on what exactly the choking entailed. Doubt he really tried to kill the kid since it took 2 hours for the cops to arrive, but it could be anything from a quick grab (unlikely) to real serious shit.

Bottom line - we don't know shit, have to wait for info, but he's probably gone

Nobody is saying it took two hours for the cops to show up. Apparently, the first call to 911 came in sometime after midnight and Beard was arrested after 2 and booked after 4. The situation was probably defused rather quickly and then everybody sat around for a bit while an investigation or interviews were conducted. Beard was likely cuffed and put in the back of the cop car or isolated somewhere else for quite some time before they took him to jail.

5 minutes ago, kegman said:

As a Longhorn alum and fan, I have always held Longhorns to a higher standard.  If a coach is convicted of a felony, that coach should no longer be our coach.  I also believe strongly that the evidence needs to be reviewed before making such a decision.    As a Criminal Defense attorney who has handled 100s of family violence cases, I can say that this offense is the most wrongfully arrested crime I see.  Once the 911 call is made, someone is getting arrested.  Normally everyone involved is drunk and angry including the complaining witness.   The first thing some officers say is "If he choked you, we can arrest him a felony."  Some people can get mad and drunk enough to think a good way to end an argument is to get the other party arrested.  There is often no physical evidence or neutral witnesses on impeding cases.  Most are he said she said cases.  It also goes both ways as I have also handled cases where there is no doubt what happened, and the person charged is a piece of shit.   I do not know the facts in this case and would hesitate to rush to judgment.  

Pretty sure a felony conviction is going to get just about anybody fired anywhere.

6 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

Ah. It was an accident he was arrested, then. I guess the phone call to the police was an accident as well. Nothing to see here, folks. 

I understand the impulse to wait until all the facts are in. I also understand that sometimes what comes out aren't exactly the facts. Especially with a $5.2m salary at stake. 

As his girlfriend and fiance she has 5 million reasons a year to recant

6 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

4 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Sounds like victim is Beard’s fiancée. Allegedly wants charges dropped if Beards attorney is to be believed. Although sometimes the dropping of charges isn’t up to the victim.

Embarrassing for Autullo that Helobious used the correct spelling. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

What if it's his "fiancé's boyfriend" he was choking.  That'd be a whole new angle.  He's still fucked, but I'd get it. 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

Could y'all leave the volleyball team out of the site motto before you curse them, too?  Please and thank you.

no fucking shit...every time we change this site's motto, it utterly jinxes the fuck out of everything. quinn's entire career was completely ruined by the power of this fucking site.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

• immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi
  • immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi