Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

The Ace of Aces

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

Pretty sure a felony conviction is going to get just about anybody fired anywhere.

You are correct, and I would fire coaches for a whole lot less.   I just used felony conviction since that is what he was charged with.  

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, kegman said:

As a Longhorn alum and fan, I have always held Longhorns to a higher standard.  If a coach is convicted of a felony, that coach should no longer be our coach.  I also believe strongly that the evidence needs to be reviewed before making such a decision.    As a Criminal Defense attorney who has handled 100s of family violence cases, I can say that this offense is the most wrongfully arrested crime I see.  Once the 911 call is made, someone is getting arrested.  Normally everyone involved is drunk and angry including the complaining witness.   The first thing some officers say is "If he choked you, we can arrest him a felony."  Some people can get mad and drunk enough to think a good way to end an argument is to get the other party arrested.  There is often no physical evidence or neutral witnesses on impeding cases.  Most are he said she said cases.  It also goes both ways as I have also handled cases where there is no doubt what happened, and the person charged is a piece of shit.   I do not know the facts in this case and would hesitate to rush to judgment.  

User ID checks out.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, 'stache said:

If true, definitely sounds like it was a girlfriend/spouse with a quick recant after the story blows up. Recanting by the victim of domestic abuse is not often all that helpful, especially if the police caught it in progress or shortly thereafter.

This sounds like Warren & Felicia Moon 2.0 only in 2022 and not 1995.  In 1996 the jury acquitted Warren even though Felicia never wanted the charges filed.  I doubt February 2023 has the same outcome.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Hermanator said:

The over-reactionary nature of this place is funny. Fuckers need to be taught to wait for evidence. One tweet by TMZ and everyone goes batshit losing their minds trying to ban a dude for life from his profession. 

This isn't little league. This dude's not working with children. He's coaching giants. You don't fire him if he assaulted his daughter's boyfriend. 

You’re a fucking moron, reinforcing it with every post. 

3 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

From legal definitions: A complaining witness is the alleged victim of the crime charged.

"or other person who reports a violation" based on what I saw.

I think it just means she's the one who called the cops. Could be the victim but not necessarily.

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Hiring Perry Minton says Beard ain't fucking around (which is the smart move).  But anything short of an exoneration/clarity that it was all a big misunderstanding isn't likely to be enough for UT.  Nor should it.

This is true. Hartzell does not fuck around. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

LOL, if you have a Minton representing you, you're guilty.  A gal I used to date was hired there out of UT Law, and we used to hang out in the "red room" for drinks and war stories.  Roy and clan were relentless.

He also represented the young adult son of that Austin jeweler who was shot and killed in a murder-for-hire plot a few years ago involving the son, his gf, and their associates where the son hatched a plan to kill both his parents and inherit their estate but mom survived the shooting. 

Not trying to excuse what Beard may have done, but I had a buddy who was once arrested for DV even though it was his wife who repeatedly struck him and he just pushed her back. She fell and called the cops and they took him in. Later they saw bruises on his body and let him go and never filed any charges. Not saying that's what happened but these things happen sometimes and people almost always blame the guy without knowing all the facts.

My sister was defending herself against her violent ex boyfriend who punched her in the chest repeatedly. He was about a 225 lbs muscular football player and she was about 120. Cops came and saw a scratch on her ex-Bf(my sister defending herself). Guess who got arrested. Not comparing this (or excusing anything) to Beards but fuck APD.
  • Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Js1 said:

If true, the "daughter's boyfriend!" crowd is going to look like fools for trying to wishcast this away.  Especially whoever started it. 

Some people are just shitty and violent.  Beard may be that.  He won't be head coach at Texas by the end of the week. 

The wishcasting thing gets ridiculous. Even if it’s true the fiancé is the victim it will still be something else (they were both drunk, she’s violent too, etc…) 

Regardless, based on what we know so far of the timeline in question…he will likely be fired. If it’s true the victim is the fiancé and the rumors of DV being in their relationship since Lubbock days why would we want a HC that continues to show at the very best horrid personal judgment?  And likely someone with serious anger and alcohol issues as well? Like this is all the sudden going to change course (without a ton of therapy treatment and possibly some AA etc…) and get better? (If all true: it doesn’t get better. It gets much worse. It’s like people don’t realize the only things that will ultimately happen to u aren’t loss of career, jail or death.)

UT won’t fuck around here. It’s cool it’s all over the national news now…fuck…

• Hook 'Em 2

I agree with immamac that he's likely done by the end of the day at Texas.

He's a great coach and seems like a decent guy too. But I assume most of you have seen talented, decent guys break down under the pressure of stress. Especially when alcohol is involved. I've seen it happen to plenty of friends and acquaintances in my day and I'm only in my 40s.

I hope he gets the help he needs and succeeds somewhere else. But he's done here. And he should focus on his health and recovery for the foreseeable future. Life is more important than basketball.

• Hook 'Em 2

23 minutes ago, dieucla98 said:

Surely he is arraigned today and out on bond. Given we have a game tonight, there has to be a statement made by either him or the University well before that. It's not like he can just show up and coach today as if nothing happened.

Statement just released by Belmont. 

image.gif

3 minutes ago, Gucci_Suit said:

This is true. Hartzell does not fuck around. 

I hope not. There is zero reason to let this simmer. Fire him for cause as soon as legally possible. Remove every trace of him from campus this afternoon after lunch. Start talking to the agents of coaching prospects and hitting up boosters for NIL inducements to keep current recruits.

Don't even think about this guy. He's less than a ghost.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

This sounds like Warren & Felicia Moon 2.0 only in 2022 and not 1995.  In 1996 the jury acquitted Warren even though Felicia never wanted the charges filed.  I doubt February 2023 has the same outcome.

I had completely forgotten about this case but it came up recently when I was talking with a law student about spousal privileges. What a fucked up situation, and I agree I doubt it would be an acquittal in 2023.

4 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

Here is another angle. The fiancee was abusive to his daughters and he just had enough! 

I actually had a not guilty in a case with those facts.  Stepmom was beating the shit out of the daughter and dad stepped in to stop it.  Dad got arrested.  Jury took about five minutes to find him not guilty. 

Edited by kegman
  • Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi
  • immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi