the 2023 speaker of the house voting thread of implosion

henrygandorf

3 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

In my theory they can since the House has ceased to exist.  You only need to use your imagination.

Your theory would have to get past Harlan Crow's bitch, Gorsuch, Handmaids Tale, Scalia, Roberts and Beer Boy.

Im coming around on @Ghost of LL wanting a parliamentary system. Democracy simply doesn’t work 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Most popular representative in America!*

*as determined by poll of 50 white males at least 50 years of age and living in rural Ohio. **

**which would actually be slightly more truthful than gaetz just making it up

In secret, over 100 Republicans voted against him continuing as Speaker nominee. He’s as popular as polio.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me because I am a giant asshole who everyone hates.

"What's the real reason" just gets funnier and funnier. Like you can see him consider this for half a second before his Dunning-Kruger kicks in and dismisses it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

First they came for the Country Club Republicans, and I did not speak out—because I was not a Country Club Republican.

Then they came for the institutionalists, and I did not speak out—because I was not an institutionalist.

Then they came for the traditional conservatives, and I did not speak out—because I was not a traditional conservative.

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me because I am a giant asshole who everyone hates.

there isn't enough rep in the world for how good this is

• Like 1

Since the GQP doesn't want to govern, how long till they boot from the party the 8 who voted out McCarthy and let Democrats govern through a coalition with moderates? Then the GQP can go back to constantly bitching and blaming everything on the Democrats.

This is my fantasy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hornsfan863 said:

Since the GQP doesn't want to govern, how long till they boot from the party the 8 who voted out McCarthy and let Democrats govern through a coalition with moderates? Then the GQP can go back to constantly bitching and blaming everything on the Democrats.

This is my fantasy.

Never, because 100+ of them would get primaried and lose their seat to a more extreme MAGAt. There'd probably be more than one attempted assassination before 2024 as well.  

• Hook 'Em 2

55 minutes ago, Js1 said:

List of who is now running (so far) when we return next week to the Shit Show in DC:

Tom Emmer
Bryon Donalds
Austin Scott
Jack Bergman
Kevin Hern
Mike Johnson
Mark Green

After scanning each name on the list and researching them, I think I just came to the conclusion I can't vote Republican anymore. The whole party leadership is staunchly fixated on the wrong issues.

• Hook 'Em 4

He's not the worst - he did chair the NRCC when the red wave didn't happen last year, so he's a bad tactician in campaign strategy. And he's Majority Whip, so counting votes is his job.  He did vote in favor of the Respect for Marriage Act, but the rest of his positions pretty much suck.  

Does have an A-rating on Ukraine funding though. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Jim Jordan will still get like 10 votes from the crazy caucus and sink whoever the nominee is.  

It is known khaleesi 

Exactly. Gaetz and his group don't care about governing and there's enough of them to torpedo any nominee. They already had a speaker that gave them a lot but not EVERYTHING and they voted him out. What's going to be different this time?

If I am Emmer or anyone running, I condition it on removing the single rep right to move to vacate, which is why we won't have a speaker for very long.  I am curious if you asked Matt Gaetz what he thought would happen when he ousted McCathy what he'd say he expected to happen. I halfway think this is exactly what he wanted.    

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tokamak said:

What's going to be different this time?

If I thought they were reasonable or intelligent, then I would say that they fucked around and found out. But I really doubt that they can change their game, so it will continue until someone has to introduce he bill to empower Patrick McHenry to do the work of the Speaker. Though honestly I don't see how that really ever passes.

reminder - Zero democrats voted no on the Republican caucus secret ballot if Gym Jordan should be the candidate for the 4th try. Which means they will have to order their own pizza this weekend.

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Your theory would have to get past Harlan Crow's bitch, Gorsuch, Handmaids Tale, Scalia, Roberts and Beer Boy.

Im coming around on @Ghost of LL wanting a parliamentary system. Democracy simply doesn’t work 

I mean, parliamentary democracy is democracy.

Just ask the fine people in Tamworth and Mid Bedfordshire.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The ending the GQP deserves 

Eh1XUSlXcAQ06-3?format=jpg&name=small

Lemme tell you what the modern-day Republican Party is about. It's all about this cooze who's a regular fuck machine, I'm talking morning, day, night, afternoon, dick, dick, dick, dick, dick, dick, dick, dick, dick. Then one day she meets this John Holmes motherfucker and it's like, whoa baby, I mean this cat is like Charles Bronson in the 'Great Escape', he's digging tunnels. Now, she's gettin' the serious dick action and she's feeling something she ain't felt since forever. Pain. Pain. It hurts her. It shouldn't hurt her, you know, her pussy should be Bubble Yum by now, but when this cat fucks her it hurts. It hurts just like it did the first time. You see the pain is reminding a fuck machine what it once was like to be a virgin.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1