45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I have no idea what happened to set him off, but I am pretty sure that the judge did not say "expert testimony is not evidence." 

I can't find the quote but you are correct from what I remember. IIRC the judge was telling Kise or Habbadabbadoo that he's already ruled (for the most part) and they aren't going to get to re-litigate or something. 

image.thumb.png.4ab1c96f76a4d6e887cef0b1eda3ce93.png

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I have no idea what happened to set him off, but I am pretty sure that the judge did not say "expert testimony is not evidence."  Because....it is.  Now, INADMISSIBLE expert opinion testimony may not be evidence (the whole Daubert gatekeeper function -- you can't just hire someone who says "I'm an expert!  And my expert opinion is that every Trump property is worth $Eleventy Billion!"  The opinion, to be admissible, has to meet certain standards (like, it's based on comparable data, the methodology can be tested, etc.)).

But Trump is a moron who cannot possibly tell the difference between those two things.  

He is the dumbest, most dishonest piece of shit in American history.  Yes, all of American history, including all people, including absolute nobodies.  This combination of lying idiocy is singular in our history.

It was probably a discussion distinguishing between fact evidence and opinion evidence. Not that any of the hyenas give a shit. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, The Dog said:

I can't find the quote but you are correct from what I remember. IIRC the judge was telling Kise or Habbadabbadoo that he's already ruled (for the most part) and they aren't going to get to re-litigate or something. 

image.thumb.png.4ab1c96f76a4d6e887cef0b1eda3ce93.png

No no no, that’s the face he makes when he’s down on the golf course 

1 hour ago, Rimbo said:

Thing is, most gaming laptops don't have great-looking displays. They tend to be lower rez (1440p for something that size) and poorer color quality, but really fast refresh rates and updates. And it turns out, those are also the cheapest LCDs.

You pay extra to get a high powered CPU, a discrete GPU, lots of storage space (games are space hungry), RAM. Everything else, you can cheap out on. So gaming stuff tends to be more expensive than budget, but still much cheaper than the high end good stuff.

For lawyering, you don't need more than a budget computer. You aren't rendering 3D, you aren't doing digital creation, you aren't doing development.

The only reason you pay more is to get that high end experience... the nice display, the quiet laptop, snappy UI response times, long battery life... only one of which you'd get from a ROG/Alienware etc.

In short, the probability she's using that laptop for its intended purpose -- games -- is basically 1, minus maybe a few ten thousandths.

Counter point:  Takes a lot of power to run a local AI lawyering bot.  CrapshootGPT requires some heavy processing power.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I sometimes stress eat McDonalds too, usually because something inside me hates myself and my life in that moment, so why not.

Friends and I went to the debacle of a football game in Fayetteville 2 years ago.  After getting our asses thoroughly kicked, we ended up at an Applebee's because, and I quote, "this is what we deserve."

So, I'm feeling DJT's lunch order.

• Haha 8

Just now, Gatorubet said:

I refuse to believe that any counsel is that incompetent as to let Trump and his DNA compelled perjury if talking self testify. Any attorney saying that Trump will testify must be saying that a portion of a Trump deposition will be played. 

Serious question:  can an attorney resign in real time, say if their client insists on taking the stand, or are attorneys compelled to give a certain amount of warning?

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Serious question:  can an attorney resign in real time, say if their client insists on taking the stand, or are attorneys compelled to give a certain amount of warning?

He probably has to ride it out to prevent Trump from clawing back his $3M+ up front payment.  

Strange trial. I would bet that many people in America overstate their assets to obtain loans, only to understate the asset value for tax purposes. Banks and taxing authorities appear to not care too much.

I would say that NY state should look to any evidence that Trump signed off on the high value of a property, and nail him with the unpaid taxes on the discrepancy. Which I assume is what the state is going after here. Plus penalties. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

Technically, you can file a motion to withdraw at any time (at least, under the Texas and Federal rules as I understand them).  The chances of such motion being granted DURING a trial are....low.  You'd have to go back in chambers, probably just the judge, court reporter, you, and lead counsel for the other side, and explain....without breaching the privilege....that you cannot continue to represent him, it would violate my duties under the ethical rules and my duties to this court.  Which you functionally say with a wink, because everyone there knows what it means: your client insists on taking the stand, and you know with certainty that he intends to commit perjury.

That said....(and I don't know NY rules on this), but corporations/organizations can't just "represent themselves."  They HAVE to be represented by counsel.  So, you couldn't withdraw and just leave DJT to represent the Trump Organization.

The solution, of course -- and this is something that should be offered at every law school orientation from now on -- is DON'T REPRESENT A TRUMP.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

the way those two co-counsel look at one another when he first tries to say "Statue of Ruminations" 

eric looks poised though.  

one of you trump dipshits remind me why his wife isn't there to support him today though?  Was it parent-teacher conference day or what?  You fucking children.  

3 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Strange trial. I would bet that many people in America overstate their assets to obtain loans, only to understate the asset value for tax purposes. Banks and taxing authorities appear to not care too much.

Ummm

Trump, his businesses and his two adult sons are accused of inflating assets by as much as $1.9 billion to $3.6 billion per year between 2011 and 2021 to save hundreds of millions of dollars on loans and insurance.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Jokes on you! One would need assets first to overstate and undervalue. 

• Hook 'Em 2

38 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

one of you trump dipshits remind me why his wife isn't there to support him today though?  Was it parent-teacher conference day or what?  You fucking children.  

You know the answer.

Besides, his girlfriend is sitting in the courtroom, along his side, facing the legal challenge together.

TELEMMGLPICT000351752357_16962768524420_

FfwinobWYAALofA.jpg

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, The Dog said:

Nobody because he keeps firing them. At least Kise is smart enough to get paid up front...twice:

He didn't fire him altogether.  He was banished from the Mar-A-Lago case because he kept telling the malignant shit funnel what he didn't want to hear.

He's one of the best Trump's got.  I've read a lot of his stuff, it's pretty sane considering the positions Trump has him stake out.  I think Blanche is number two.

Lauro seems to be number three.  Of the briefing I have seen.  Lauro is fairly outrageous, but at least tries to back it up.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

"Trump hating". Everyone with an IQ over about 95 hates you, and for good reason. You're the worst person on the planet. 

Oh no. No no no. He's not even close to the worst person on the planet.

Don't ask. You really, really, REALLY don't wanna know.

(But if you want a hint: The judge in THAT case had everyone excused from the court, including employees, unless they absolutely had to be present to hear when the charges were read, because simply hearing the charges were enough to be traumatizing.)

6 minutes ago, The Dog said:

First time I've seen that Habba was paid in advance.

I don't think those tweets are credible.

As I explained upthread or on the other one, I think a jury demand was due August 15, 2023 and by that time she was mostly off the team.  However, if that was a mistake, that's prima facie malpractice and they're all liable.

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

He didn't fire him altogether.  He was banished from the Mar-A-Lago case because he kept telling the malignant shit funnel what he didn't want to hear.

He's one of the best Trump's got.  I've read a lot of his stuff, it's pretty sane considering the positions Trump has him stake out.  I think Blanche is number two.

Lauro seems to be number three.  Of the briefing I have seen.  Lauro is fairly outrageous, but at least tries to back it up.

At some point I have to think Trump is going to push even the most competent of those left over their ethical edge and force them to withdraw or succumb to evil.

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

11 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

As I explained upthread or on the other one, I think a jury demand was due August 15, 2023 and by that time she was mostly off the team.  However, if that was a mistake, that's prima facie malpractice and they're all liable.

Many are reporting this and it appears that Trump's lawyers didn't fill out the form at all:

https://www.aol.com/why-trump-fraud-trial-doesn-212001903.html

In July, a form filled out by Ms James’s office included a box with two options: “Trial by jury demanded” or “Trial without jury.” The filing includes a checkmark in “Trial without jury.”

Attorneys for Mr Trump did not fill out that form.

1 minute ago, The Dog said:

Many are reporting this and it appears that Trump's lawyers didn't fill out the form at all:

https://www.aol.com/why-trump-fraud-trial-doesn-212001903.html

Right, and that form was filed July 31, 2023, giving Trump 15 days.  That's the first accurate story I've seen.

Most say it was due when they filed suit and it was not.  But by then, mostly grownups were in charge of the suit, not Habba dabba do.  It may well have been intentional at that point.

• Hook 'Em 1

59 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Counter-counter-point, LexisNexus is working on a fine-tuned LLM to assist with legal draft work and research

https://www.lexisnexis.com/en-us/products/lexis-plus-ai.page

But they also actually have the data to do a decent job fine tuning

I can't believe lexisnexis is still a thing.  I always hated it.

• Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yeah but how could they prove it made a difference?