45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

4 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Not that I mind Trump getting tagged with a $83.3 million fine for defaming E. Jean Carroll, but how was that amount calculated?

that’s like $83 bucks for a guy worth $10 bil ?

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Question. Was it necessary by some deadline etc for the failure to secure the bond to be made publicly known yesterday?

No. But he filed a motion asking to be relieved of the obligation,thus making it public. 

In true Trumpian fashion, he says not a word about protecting the plaintiff/creditor during the appeal, but only whines about his own problems. That is the whole purpose of the rule. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

He's gonna pay out a few hundred million at the very least.  The issue for him is if he has to come up with the liquidity even in the short term - that means he's exposing himself to a fuckload of taxes.  So even if they go back and lower the amount...once he's had to makes moves to raise money, it's costing his ass a LOT.  Also remember there's a shitload more cases on the way vs him.  It's beautiful thing.  Just laugh at him and enjoy.  

Trump's Tax Accountants:  "When criming's your business, aren't criminal penalties fully-deductible business expenses?"

or Option B: 

kramer-write.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

56 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

You're definitely closer to his tax bracket than I am, so I hope you're correct.

He's never spent his own money.  He has had real estate daddy gave him and gets money loaned against that real estate - and he inflates the values so he can raise more money.  Well, when all of a sudden you have to sell that real estate you're paying taxes out the ass AND you lose the ability to lend against the real estate you had to sell.  It's a serious ass fucking he's taking - hence his tantrum on whatever the fuck social media platform he uses. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Prepare your anus 2

52 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

the dildo of consequences never comes lubed 

Have you ever wondered if Trump is the dildo of consequences that America earned with its post WWII superpower shenanigans?

• Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

4 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

He's never spent his own money.  He has had real estate daddy gave him and gets money loaned against that real estate - and he inflates the values so he can raise more money.  Well, when all of a sudden you have to sell that real estate you're paying taxes out the ass AND you lose the ability to lend against the real estate you had to sell.  It's a serious ass fucking he's taking - hence his tantrum on whatever the fuck social media platform he uses. 

A lot of this.  The game he has played his whole life is to keep multiple "real estate" balls in the air simultaneously - so that they are always generating something, and the full bill never actually comes due.  But when the music stops....

.....he SHOULD be in a position where:

1) He either needs cash to pay off the notes that are coming due (and he doesn't have that cash), OR

2) He needs to refinance, but based on the scrutiny he's been under, any party financing debt on Trump Property X is going to examine the SHIT about the asset's actual value so they get the loan-to-value numbers right....and there's plenty of chance that such a process will reveal that multiple properties are actually underwater, or are close enough to it that he can't borrow the full amount needed for that asset.  AND

3) To the extent he CAN refinance/take out new loans on those properties, he's going to take it in the ass with interest rates that are probably close to double what he's currently got on the property, meaning his debt service obligations (e.g., the draws against his cash flow) are going to be MUCH larger than they are today.

I mean, all of those are what should happen to any other human in this situation.  Trump will find a way to slither out of it, like he always does.

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

Most likely way out for Trump is that the Murdering Saudi Prince he helped, and who gave Jared $2 billion for a business in which he had now experience, will help Donald out.  Likely with a cash purchase of one of his golf courses, and giving Donald an option to buy back in if he wins the Presidency and can use his powers of office to help a foreign power.  

If the Saudi's can by George W. Bush's oil company (I know irony) so he could buy into the Texas rangers, certainly they can throw Donald a lifeline.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Have you ever wondered if Trump is the dildo of consequences that America earned with its post WWII superpower shenanigans after the civil war by not finishing reconstruction in the South, not destroying the old southern establishment, not baring the traitors from holding office, and not protecting the institutions of American government?

Yes

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

If you are Russia or Saudi Arabia or whoever, you don't loan Donald Trump half a billion with the idea he'll pay you back with interest.  You pay him half a billion to be himself and damage, perhaps destroy, the post WWII U.S. leviathan.

Legit point. I wasn’t suggesting he’d owe interest, just favors. Which he won’t come through on.

But paying to free him up to just be himself and wreck shop, that actually makes sense. What a brilliant terrorist attack.
  • Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

I recall that he offered one attorney to whom he owed more than a million dollars a racehorse. Trump said it was a great racehorse, so I'm sure it was.

7 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

The horse is likely closer to being glue than a champion. 

image.png.19a9b55147af9416382d0078bb06e300.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

49 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Most owners/developers who've built a track record use other people's money.  But when you are forced to sell in a down market with capital markets tighter than a drum, yes, you are fucked.  And he's going to get fucked badly.

• Hook 'Em 1

It should probably be pointed out that this is just an interim step to consequences. 

Bond or no bond, the plaintiffs (both Carroll and the State of New York) will have whatever of their judgments survives appeal and will be free to collect them. 

Bond is just an extra humiliation for the orange man and makes it that much easier for the plaintiffs to get paid. Carroll, I am reasonably sure, is going to have a nice payday. So should NY, but it may be less than we are currently looking at,and subject to more collections shenanigans because there apparently will be no bond. Because NY isn't paying directly for the collection effort, it should be quite hard on Trump and not so much for the state. Not in the way it would be for a private plaintiff like Carroll and her lawyers. 

Appeals are overall pretty low percentage deals in terms of complete reversal. But a damages haircut is not that remote. 

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 4

11 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Most owners/developers who've built a track record use other people's money.  But when you are forced to sell in a down market with capital markets tighter than a drum, yes, you are fucked.  And he's going to get fucked badly.

Yeah, I remember when I was liquid and just used money/stock with the bank to buy whatever the fuck I wanted with loans at under 2%.  Those were the days.  At least I'm not Donald Dumbfuck. 

Edited by ChiTownDoc

6 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

It should probably be pointed out that this is just an interim step to consequences. 

Bond or no bond, the plaintiffs (both Carroll and the State of New York) will have whatever of their judgments survives appeal and will be free to collect them. 

Bond is just an extra humiliation for the orange man and makes it that much easier for the plaintiffs to get paid. Carroll, I am reasonably sure, is going to have a nice payday. So should NY, but it may be less than we are currently looking at. 

Appeals are overall pretty low percentage deals in terms of complete reversal. But a damages haircut is not that remote. 

Sounds like bond is another instance of him using money other than his to pay his debts when he can’t wriggle out of paying. 

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Sounds like bond is another instance of him using money other than his to pay his debts when he can’t wriggle out of paying. 

Well. most people at least have to put up cash money in full, plus large fees, to the bonding institution so it's not really OPM. From what we have been reading, it appears Trump can't do much better.  Funky shit like pledging real estate and other illiquid assets ain't working for him. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

no, it guarantees payment and prevents the winner from collecting until the appeals are done. so if he does in fact get a reversal then it also prevents the inconvenience of him having to chase down what was collected (if anything).

James has indicated that she intends to collect starting Monday if he doesn't post the bond (or if the court doesn't stay their ability to enforce in absence of a bond). 

also, as Twice said he's already had to pay significant non-refundable fees to secure the bonds. 

I'm just wanting to see how he reacts if they repo that shitbird plane of his.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, The Dog said:

the deadline to secure/post the bond is 3/25.

he's just whining.

Well, I asked because if he had another week why disclose early?  Seems like an unforced error. After this one would think that if the money/backing all of a sudden does show up that at least one intrepid journalist out there might be interested in doing some digging into how all of a sudden that came to be.

Again it is Trump so the term "one would think" may not fucking apply.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

image.png.3a3f07d5b8405dd0e679ec8dbb89feaa.png

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Well, I asked because if he had another week why disclose early?  Seems like an unforced error. After this one would think that if the money/backing all of a sudden does show up that at least one intrepid journalist out there might be interested in doing some digging into how all of a sudden that came to be.

Again it is Trump so the term "one would think" may not fucking apply.

In theory, the bond can be posted at any time during the pendency of the appeal. 

The normal framework is that you file it within 30 days of the signing of the judgment appealed from,because that is when the appeal itself is due. 

That date also coincides with the 30 days from judgment the plaintiff must wait before attempting attempting to execute on the judgment. 

So in the super ordinary case, 30 days after signing the judgment, 3 things become known:

1. Whether there will be an appeal at all;

2. Whether there will be an appeal bond; and 

3.  Following from the first two, when or whether execution can commence. 

Nothing I saw in the NY rules said the bond (undertaking is their word) must be posted at any particular time during the appeal, but certainly as a practical matter before any serious collection efforts start. 

In this particular case, collection apparently could start on 3/25, so Trump needed a decision before or as soon thereafter as possible. 

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

33 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

The US Supreme Court?? I understand it’s all Calvin ball these days but could someone explain to me exactly how the USSC would have any jurisdiction over this NY civil case ?

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

The US Supreme Court?? I understand it’s all Calvin ball these days but could someone explain to me exactly how the USSC would have any jurisdiction over this NY civil case ?

Well, it's Kevin O'Leary, so reality TV.  I suppose the USSC could weigh in on the constitutionality of a lower court's ruling, though.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

It would not until such time as the highest court of the state enters judgment on a federal constitutional ground. 

There's no shadow docket for cases coming out of the state courts until certiorari is granted. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

He will be poor, and I don't think his campaign will have much money on hand. The playing field will be even, or will disfavor Biden, due only to dark money PACs "unrelated" to the Trump campaign.

1 hour ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Trump's lackeys publicly begging for money for him.  That's beautifully pathetic and screams loser. 

Surely FOX would pay him without batting an eye, especially since paying off a 750 million dollar lawsuit obviously does not bother them in the least. 

So two quick that I’m sure have been covered but I’m going to ask like I’m 5 (side note, I had a procedure under anesthesia earlier so I am a little foggy anyway):

1. If someone does “loan” him the money to cover the amount of a bond or whatever the cash surety would be, does that have to be disclosed? Even if it’s through a shell company or other type of laundering? Or can MSB, just be “oh, I found my checkbook and here you go…. Buy yourself something nice, Donald” and there’s nothing other than the appearance of impropriety (lol, GQP) to dissuade that?

2. If shitbird posts no bond and has no cash out whatever he can of his assets (wildly generalizing), he has to pay taxes on those gains. But if the government says fuck off and begins collecting via asset seizure/forfeiture, who pays the taxes on those transactions? Are they deducted from the asset value as they would if he’d had to sell things off himself? That’s a lot of tax money. And maybe even more relevant for the EJC verdict because she’s not the state.

Surely FOX would pay him without batting an eye, especially since paying off a 750 million dollar lawsuit obviously does not bother them in the least. 
Counterpoint: they thrive on outrage at Dem potus wearing tan suits, having completely open borders, having sex to someone they didn't marry etc. It's not as easy to spin their guy doing any of that.
  • Hook 'Em 1

BROKE ASS BITCH

Damn that won’t get old.

Any true billionaire would be like, “here bitch, here’s the $500mil…” and laugh their way out of all this while flipping every one off.

Instead, Dotard is a broke ass bitch that is begging for money from somewhere 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, ohchaucer said:

So two quick that I’m sure have been covered but I’m going to ask like I’m 5 (side note, I had a procedure under anesthesia earlier so I am a little foggy anyway):

1. If someone does “loan” him the money to cover the amount of a bond or whatever the cash surety would be, does that have to be disclosed? Even if it’s through a shell company or other type of laundering? Or can MSB, just be “oh, I found my checkbook and here you go…. Buy yourself something nice, Donald” and there’s nothing other than the appearance of impropriety (lol, GQP) to dissuade that?

2. If shitbird posts no bond and has no cash out whatever he can of his assets (wildly generalizing), he has to pay taxes on those gains. But if the government says fuck off and begins collecting via asset seizure/forfeiture, who pays the taxes on those transactions? Are they deducted from the asset value as they would if he’d had to sell things off himself? That’s a lot of tax money. And maybe even more relevant for the EJC verdict because she’s not the state.

I don't know the specifics on #1, but as for #2 I can assure you that the government is always going to be the first to get paid in a situation like this, taxes, fines and all.  So when they seize, it won't be just the fine he needs, any tax implications will also have to be resolved before he gets any leftover (hilarious, can't even type it with a laughing) proceeds are his.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ohchaucer said:

Gifts are taxable, as are forgiven loans.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

10 hours ago, Goredho said:

Have you ever wondered if Trump is the dildo of consequences that America earned with its post WWII superpower shenanigans?

Would that then make it like a OuroborosIan Dildo of Consequences  or is this some kind of inception-style Dildo of consequence within an dildo of consequence?

• Drool 1