45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

27 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

This should be like a colonel jessup line of questioning: if you know that they are your documents, why would you not admit to showing them to donors?  You can do what you want with your own property, right?

Did trump show you the documents he says he lawfully unclassified?

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Actually, although related, I think this thread, relating to his criminal legal troubles, deserves it's own thread.

There’s no way we’ll keep either thread in their lane.  It’s already a bunch of redundant posts.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, The Dog said:

I was told that things would be different because this is a criminal matter, not a civil. And yet, a criminal defendant is publicly attacking the judge and prosecutor and doing what he can to taint the jury pool by flooding the airwaves, not to mention his previous fuckery with coercing witnesses. 

I'll finally shut the fuck up about the bias of our justice system to favor fascist defendants when they stop getting favorable treatment. ANYONE else doing this shit would have been slapped with a gag order and fined and actioned already. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Captainant said:

I was told that things would be different because this is a criminal matter, not a civil. And yet, a criminal defendant is publicly attacking the judge and prosecutor and doing what he can to taint the jury pool by flooding the airwaves, not to mention his previous fuckery with coercing witnesses. 

I'll finally shut the fuck up about the bias of our justice system to favor fascist defendants when they stop getting favorable treatment. ANYONE else doing this shit would have been slapped with a gag order and fined and actioned already. 

You honestly have no idea what you're talking about. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I'm not convinced that you can throw 12 rocks at a hacky sack convention without finding one asshole who feels like it's his God-given duty to hang a jury and save Trump.

To be fair, you can't throw 12 rocks at a hacky sack convention without finding 5-7 who are ready to hang Trump and 5-7 who are ready to hang the DA.  Some may be able to set aside their incoming biases to be good jurors, but there are no blank slates in this country where Trump is concerned.

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

It isn't going to go well for him. This will likely be brought to the Court's attention tomorrow. 

• Hook 'Em 1

So the CNN legal guy broke down the main challenges Trump will raise. Correct me if I’m wrong, I’m paraphrasing 

1. State can’t enforce federal election laws 

2. Statute of Limitations 

3. Case is not related to Trump Org and shouldn’t be in front of this judge. Needs to be put back in pool of judges 

Says number 1 is unsettled law and will be the most interesting to follow. The other two, prosecutors should prevail 

5 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

So the CNN legal guy broke down the main challenges Trump will raise. Correct me if I’m wrong, I’m paraphrasing 

1. State can’t enforce federal election laws 

2. Statute of Limitations 

3. Case is not related to Trump Org and shouldn’t be in front of this judge. Needs to be put back in pool of judges 

Says number 1 is unsettled law and will be the most interesting to follow. The other two, prosecutors should prevail 

Without knowing the charges this is kinda just throwing spaghetti at the wall. 

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Some of you guys thought there was no way he'd try to sell top secret intelligence:

the man is a traitor to this country. All traitors should have one ending. His followers are also traitors 

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Captainant said:

There is this thingy called due process, where a court will not act, you know, until the actual person accused of doing something is in front of the court with their lawyer.

As Trump lives in Florida, this instant fix within hours of the post is magical thinking. 

• Hook 'Em 2

"the tape they don't want me to reveal.  And SO FAR, I've adhered to it."

Uh, threatening to reveal sensitive information if pressed by courts or prosecutors can and has worked in civil cases.  But one thing I know about the national security apparatus, they don't really bend to veiled threats to make sure you don't get in trouble.  

Almost everything he said in that short clip with Hannity is very incriminating if you can take is balls outta your ears.  

How the fuck did he know Richard Nixon sold that stuff for $18mm?  A half-dozen published Nixon experts on UT campus alone, not a one of 'em knows that.  Only way he could know that would have to dispatched staffers to various Presidential Libraries to review physical paperwork of archives and artifacts kept by ex-Presidents.  Essentially what was "checked-out" or requested for delivery to the facility, but never receveived.  They all have some version of this process so they know what to ask the family for after the former POTUS dies.  Other than some cool anecdote behind how a Bush received a book of poetry written by the King of Zimbabwe that he kept, no biographer is gonna pour through the whole list of documents held back---if they'd even let the author see that list to begin with.  As such, staffers would have been dispatched with clearance to see exactly what level of shit ex-Presidents can keep before he left office, and they used that as a jumping off point to try to see exactly how much more than that they could try and get away with.  

What's the fancy legal term for when you don't just grab what was on your desk on moving day, but rather weeks and months of planning your crime?  Starts with a P

3 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Uh, threatening to reveal sensitive information if pressed by courts or prosecutors can and has worked in civil cases.  But one thing I know about the national security apparatus, they don't really bend to veiled threats to make sure you don't get in trouble.  

Almost everything he said in that short clip with Hannity is very incriminating if you can take is balls outta your ears.  

How the fuck did he know Richard Nixon sold that stuff for $18mm?  A half-dozen published Nixon experts on UT campus alone, not a one of 'em knows that.  Only way he could know that would have to dispatched staffers to various Presidential Libraries to review physical paperwork of archives and artifacts kept by ex-Presidents.  Essentially what was "checked-out" or requested for delivery to the facility, but never receveived.  They all have some version of this process so they know what to ask the family for after the former POTUS dies.  Other than some cool anecdote behind how a Bush received a book of poetry written by the King of Zimbabwe that he kept, no biographer is gonna pour through the whole list of documents held back---if they'd even let the author see that list to begin with.  As such, staffers would have been dispatched with clearance to see exactly what level of shit ex-Presidents can keep before he left office, and they used that as a jumping off point to try to see exactly how much more than that they could try and get away with.  

What's the fancy legal term for when you don't just grab what was on your desk on moving day, but rather weeks and months of planning your crime?  Starts with a P

Pre-medicated

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Phake news?

Premature ejaculation ? 

Just now, High Plains Drifter said:

he doesn't know shit. he pulled that number out of his billowy orange asshole.

I meant knowing the whole story about Nixon keeping docs/gifts.  

3 hours ago, Captainant said:

The fucking thing hasn't even started yet.

Christ.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

How the fuck did he know Richard Nixon sold that stuff for $18mm?

A man came up to him — a big, burly guy, with tears in his eyes — and he said “Sir, I paid Richard Nixon $18 million for the stuff he had.”

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

• blacklab changed the title to 45 indicated