45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

49 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Let’s not get carried away. They may be intended to serve the same purpose but nobody is studying the works of Jon McNaughton in art & design class. It’s not good art and it deserves to be mocked and derided. 

Look, I don't want to argue with you. It is pointless.

But please quit putting words in my post that are not there. I never said the McNaughton's art was good. I never said it should not be mocked and laughed it. So no one is getting carried away. But, there are millions in America in denial of what is going down. 

As for western art/aesthetic history, I know it quite well. Poor quality or aesthetic kitsch does not change the fact that McNaughton is creating fascist-style art for Fascist America

Edited by BevoAbyss
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Got those sweet, sweet baseball cards all locked up down at the safety deposit box.  

I will say I did lose my job due to the election.  It was a specific project that was greenlit to be passed by 45 (remember all those projects that were skipping critical approvals), and we knew going in that 46 wouldn't.  Our lobby guys had been working on both and knew in no uncertain terms it would not continue, pretty well in advance. womp womp.   I went to work literally the next day, so aside from going from a better paying to less paying, no big deal.  Other than straight salary, I didn't lose any "net worth" between the admins.  I cant think of a single thing I've had 19x of that I have now.  

Jesus dude. I wasn’t even talking about you. Calm your tits.

I assume it’s Llano? Nice guy, hope he is doing well. We haven’t worked together in almost a decade.

7 minutes ago, BevoAbyss said:

But please quit putting words in my post that are not there. I never said the McNaughton's art was good. I never said it should not be mocked and laughed it. So no one is getting carried away. But, there are millions in America in denial of what is going down. 

As for western art/aesthetic history, I know it quite well. Poor quality or aesthetic kitsch does not change the fact that McNaughton is creating fascist-style art for Fascist America

I don’t want to put words in WTB mouth, but I do esteem Art. Your brush, sir, is broader than most.

But, I do agree with the premise that we are witnessing the final push, decades in the making, towards an autocratic, fascistic government that uses theocratic messaging towards its goal. 

14 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I assume it’s Llano? Nice guy, hope he is doing well. We haven’t worked together in almost a decade.

He certainly hasn’t lost 95% of his net. Goddamn time flies.  How we view people in real life is funny; I’m just barely conservative enough for him to still tolerate me. 

He certainly hasn’t lost 95% of his net. Goddamn time flies.  How we view people in real life is funny; I’m just barely conservative enough for him to still tolerate me. 

We only knew each other in passing in the office. I don’t think I ever went to his cubicle. But I tend not to talk politics at work. However, if all this came up, I would have told him how I felt. If he is too fragile to handle that, that isn’t my problem. And if how I felt meant he couldn’t stand to be around me, then it sounds like a win win. But since I haven’t talked to him about any of this type stuff, I give him the benefit of the doubt that he is a sensible person. It’s simple really.

1 minute ago, Thrawn said:

I'm up 6.5% YTD and down .4% the last 12 months. I blame Biden for the YTD numbers and Trump for the shitty numbers last year. Do I have any logical reason to do so? No. That is just how this works, right?

I blame my shitty taste in stonks.  IBRX!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

We only knew each other in passing in the office. I don’t think I ever went to his cubicle. But I tend not to talk politics at work. However, if all this came up, I would have told him how I felt. If he is too fragile to handle that, that isn’t my problem. And if how I felt meant he couldn’t stand to be around me, then it sounds like a win win. But since I haven’t talked to him about any of this type stuff, I give him the benefit of the doubt that he is a sensible person. It’s simple really.

Gotcha. Yeah I don’t know many who talk politics at work either. Nah didn’t mean anything deep, just noting it’s funny who we’re cordial with irl vs behind the screen.

Anyhow, I’ve got to get back to picking up beer bottles along the highway to make up for my losses from that goddamn Biden and his policies!!1!   Mortimer…We’reback.gif

• Haha 2

Just now, Hefeweizen said:

I blame my shitty taste in stonks.  IBRX!

Well, I didn't include the numbers from the funds that my financial advisor takes care of, but I blame her for everything bad. Then just ignore any good gains she gets as it just being a good market. She loves me.

• Haha 1

Gotcha. Yeah I don’t know many who talk politics at work either. Nah didn’t mean anything deep, just noting it’s funny who we’re cordial with irl vs behind the screen.

Anyhow, I’ve got to get back to picking up beer bottles along the highway to make up for my losses from that goddamn Biden and his policies!!1!   Mortimer…We’reback.gif

It’s not hard to live by the golden rule. However, you and I both know where we are posting. I would feel and say the same things in person, but work is typically not the place for that.

Oh, and tell stretch “what’s up”.

1 minute ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Donald Trump seems like he's not very good at using hush money to cover things up.  He paid out all of the money and we all found out about it anyway.

Just one more thing  he's a failure at.

BuT he'S a BriLliAnT BidNesS MaN aND nEgOTiAtoR, yOu coMmiE LiBTaRdS!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Apparently what happened was this:

• Trump was "invited" by Bragg to testify to the grand jury
  • Trump was advised that this meant his indictment was imminent
  • Trump flooded the channel with bullshit
  • Although Trump did not testify, his attorneys apparently offered up Costello to talk shit on Cohen
  • Grand jury hears from Costello and adjourns
  • Trumpco thought he had avoided indictment
  • Bragg brings other witnesses to bolster/corroborate Cohen
  • Grand jury indicts

I think Trumpco legit thought they'd dodged the bullet.  Trump himself no doubt as a result of his bullshit campaign.

The funniest part was when everyone thought nothing was going to happen for a couple weeks.  Oops.  

• Hook 'Em 6

Just now, Judge Roybeanbag said:

The funniest part was when everyone thought nothing was going to happen for a couple weeks.  Oops.  

It was a pretty good yoink.

I heard that jackhole Trusty talking on NPR, he of the "this is a dispute over an overdue library book."  He actually sounded calm and credible, but he was all over the place in terms of a defense of Trump.  He barely made sense as a lawdog.  It was just kind of a word salad of legal stuff.

I got the very distinct impression that they all thought that between the political bullshit, the pressure from Gym Jordan, and Costello shitting on Cohen, that they'd really avoided the indictment altogether.

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

It was a pretty good yoink.

I heard that jackhole Trusty talking on NPR, he of the "this is a dispute over an overdue library book."  He actually sounded calm and credible, but he was all over the place in terms of a defense of Trump.  He barely made sense as a lawdog.  It was just kind of a word salad of legal stuff.

I got the very distinct impression that they all thought that between the political bullshit, the pressure from Gym Jordan, and Costello shitting on Cohen, that they'd really avoided the indictment altogether.

It might all come to naught, but I think Cohen and his axe to grind might be bigger than Donnie Two Scoops thought.  

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

It might all come to naught, but I think Cohen and his axe to grind might be bigger than Donnie Two Scoops thought.  

Cohen is definitely loving this.  I saw him interviewed on CNN, and he ended a short monologue with "see you on Tuesday, Donald".

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

I think the timing of the IRS targeting of Taibbi is funny relative to Trump's indictment.  I obviously don't know, but its almost like the GOP had that outrage queued up and ready to drop as soon as Trump was arrested last week, then nothing happened, so they went ahead and dropped it, then the NY DA said, "Silly rabbit, Trix are for kids" and dropped the Trump indictment.

3 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

George Washington with the 9ft wingspan.

Obligatory

• Hook 'Em 2

43 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Cohen is definitely loving this.  I saw him interviewed on CNN, and he ended a short monologue with "see you on Tuesday, Donald".

He blew a fantastic opportunity to say “see you next Tuesday” then. 

Edited by 4th&Five
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Donald Trump seems like he's not very good at using hush money to cover things up.  He paid out all of the money and we all found out about it anyway.

Just one more thing  he's a failure at.

I'm no expert.  Not even an amateur.  But my supposition was that the initial money you paid the working girl included a payment for an implied nondisclosure agreement and that subsequent six figure payments by check weren't necessary.

Edited by dcbc

4 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Bruh.  You get a one month time out from making funny of aggy and their inability to reason. 

Same.  I actually expect better from you.

Congratulations, you have the ability to reason.  Not surprising. 

Everyone look, an actual smart person. 

Not a gambler.

As usual, this hurts most from you.  A cognitively challenged pot head.  I'm 0% surprised you'd be so convinced, though.   Sorry to get your micro hard for nothing, but alas, not true. 

Correct.  No one here, anyhow. 

Maybe.  Maybe that was never claimed?  Let's see if that can be substantiated.  I'll give you a hint. 

Not a Magat.  Bro, you know someone IRL that I'm very close with, from one of your previous stops.   

Got those sweet, sweet baseball cards all locked up down at the safety deposit box.  

I will say I did lose my job due to the election.  It was a specific project that was greenlit to be passed by 45 (remember all those projects that were skipping critical approvals), and we knew going in that 46 wouldn't.  Our lobby guys had been working on both and knew in no uncertain terms it would not continue, pretty well in advance. womp womp.   I went to work literally the next day, so aside from going from a better paying to less paying, no big deal.  Other than straight salary, I didn't lose any "net worth" between the admins.  I cant think of a single thing I've had 19x of that I have now.  

sorry that happened.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

I do esteem Art. Your brush, sir, is broader than most.

I appreciate your comment. I too esteem Art. But, my brush is not broader than most. 

"Art" is not just what we like in a gallery or the classics in a museum.

History is filled with all kinds of art—good, bad, beautiful, ugly, sacred, and profane. Paintings, sculpture, music, dance, architecture, and even graffiti and others. Sadly, there are tons of politically-inspired works celebrating tyrants and despotic regimes. Books have been written about art of the Third Reich (and art of the Soviet Union). No one is saying Nazi art is great, but it has been studied to understand how it expressed the Nazi ideology.

McNaughton's Trump-inspired paintings are fascist-style art and should serve as a warning to us all

Edited by BevoAbyss
  • Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, BevoAbyss said:

I appreciate your comment. I too esteem Art. But, my brush is not broader than most. 

"Art" is not just what we like in a gallery or the classics in a museum.

History is filled with all kinds of art—good, bad, beautiful, ugly, sacred, and profane. Paintings, sculpture, music, dance, architecture, and even graffiti and others. Sadly, there are tons of politically-inspired works celebrating tyrants and despotic regimes. Books have been written about art of the Third Reich (and art of the Soviet Union). No one is saying Nazi art is great, but it has been studied to understand how it expressed the Nazi ideology.

McNaughton's Trump-inspired paintings are fascist-style art and should serve as a warning to us all

And I am not sure that the Nazi era walkure pix are regarded as high wrt, either. They are interesting, though. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Fattie said his net worth has dropped 95% since Biden took office. I don’t know who to believe, reality or orange god worshipping cunt.

Well I'm sure those Donald Trump 2020 commemorative plates haven't exactly held their value.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, BevoAbyss said:

Okay, then I’ll just say I think you’re being overly dramatic about stating the painfully obvious. We can all see what it is. Are you just now discovering this guy? He’s been around for years

Your bold italics give your exclamations an alarmist quality that make it seem to me like you’re warning us that the pod people are coming or that soylent green is people. We hear the Republican rhetoric. McNaughton is a mediocre artist with limited exposure who puts it into pictures. We can see that. Ooh, look at the evil college professor frightened by Jesus and the founding fathers and our righteous fighting men. Oh look, Obama’s burning the Constitution! The imagery isn’t hard to decode. But it’s not like it’s on public display at Trump rallies and CPAC. Actual Nazi propaganda was everywhere. It was effectively used to promote fascist ideology. I gather that McNaughton is a believer but I think he’s also just another grifter. As fascists propagandists go, he’s pretty low rent.

• Hook 'Em 1

It's all copper these days, but if you don't want to strip construction sites at night I suggest aluminum cans. Trending up on per lb price and as your a fisherman, you operate in a target rich environment. I figure once aluminum hits $900 a lb I'll be able to fish for nearly free with the way some people drink beer. Any day now its happeninh is just taking a bit because aluminum is so damn light.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

There are so many pressing questions that need to be answered:
Who’s going to do his hair in jail?
How will the spray paint be applied in his cell?
When will the other “indications” be announced?
That pendejo losing access to make up and hair stylists would fuck his image more than you can imagine. Reality Star.
Ratings would get even shittier when people realize he's a freak
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

• blacklab changed the title to 45 indicated