2023 Fall Camp Thread of Dominance

USMCHorn

32 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

image.png.ecd4e87a2a9c666d546849f1e91a8564.png

Not a single check mark on offense to 2015.  Connor Williams would play- but probably not at tackle- likely at guard.  Not a single other player on that 2015 offense would get significant playing time.  Looking at the defense Poona would be a starter and gets the check mark vis a vis his 2023 counterpart and that's it.  1 fucking check mark on the entire team.  Malik would start at one of the LB positions and he could maybe just be an offball/edge guy. I hope Hill basically plays that role instead and does it better than Malik, but yeah.  so, 3 guys who would start (not at preferred positions for any except Poona) and maybe another 2 that would get time.  Beck would obviously be our other TE when we go 2 TE's.  

What a flaming pile of dogshit that team was. 

On 8/22/2023 at 2:03 PM, Bozo_Casanova said:

OK, but if his name were Arch Goldfarb would you be cutting him any slack?
I'm NOT saying he's Garrett Gilbert or that Murphy is Sherrod Harris, but we've been here before. I'm not anointing a guy until I see him play under presure in the face of equal or superior talent and execution. 

I’d feel a lot more confident about him being ready if he had spent his senior year playing teams like SOC and not in the Louisiana large parochial school division 

2 hours ago, Thiefery said:

fuck it, gonna need to make him hand us the CC trophy awkwardly like he did this past spring after the men's basketball tournament championship 

Then we walk into the SEC offices with it like Ric Flair did with the NWA belt

• Hook 'Em 1

Peter Jenkins wasn't awful either. Was an all-conference player that year.

Yeah, he was playing pretty well until he got hurt. Think that was against Tech. That was a tough game. The horseshit illegal man downfield at the end. The shoulda been pick turned Tech TD. Think Jinkens and Jefferson both got hurt.

4 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

I knew this would be like dropping a grenade into Surly and fully expect the arguing to take this thread to infinity and beyond. With that said, I didn't rate Banks/Scott because it's too difficult at this point. Multiyear NFL veteran vs a guy who might be best ever. Same with Campbell Dockery. NFL player vs a guy with tremendous potential.  Agree on Xaiver ending up better than Sweed. I'm just punishing him for last year.  I fully expect him to recover.  Sweed was a 2 year and done NFL dude.

So he had to redshirt. X was the day one best WR on the team. This is not even close, drops or no drops. Sweed was big and he benefitted from open passing lanes due to the freak throwing him the ball. 

Pretty sure these antics are for show and intended to talk up the strength of the remaining members, but goddamn if the Big 12 hasn’t laid the table for accusations of bias if Texas ends up losing a game due to officiating
The league office has now publicly (twice) put it subconsciously into the Big12 refs heads what they must do, even the ones who aren't corrupt or incompetent. We're going to have to play near perfect and make it obvious to everyone with eyes the officiating is biased...we won't get any close calls going our way.
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I love it. Yormark just took himself off of the CFP Committee for eternity. 

Oh, I get it. I’m looking at this from the Big 12’s standpoint. They just put this pettiness above the integrity of the entire conference. It just baffles me how they can be so stupid.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheBryMan81 said:

Hope we beat the shit out of them, leave no doubt, then play "Taking Care of Business" over the loud speaker after the final whistle while showing him on the video board.

This assclown needs the looch cockgobbler gif treatment too

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Park Gothic said:

Y'all need to unbunch your panties about Yormark. None of this should come as a surprise. He is a carpetbagger and carnival barker, and he is telling these rubes what they want to hear. 

We're going to stomp a violent, bloody mudhole in every team on our way out the conference and there's nothing they can do to stop it. So let him run his mouth. 

How many late hits will Ewers take this year.  I’m guessing very few if any will be called.  These left behind 9 will be head hunting and won’t be held accountable.  You can down play it all you want but if they can take out your QB that’s a big fucking deal.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stork642 said:

How many late hits will Ewers take this year.  I’m guessing very few if any will be called.  These left behind 9 will be head hunting and won’t be held accountable.  You can down play it all you want but if they can take out your QB that’s a big fucking deal.  

image.jpeg.e252b661c7471f91d8322f0f34e1aa29.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1