THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [MICH,WASH,TEX,ALA]

texifornia

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, RandomIdoit said:

The craziest thing is that if Florida State had won convincingly, I wouldn’t put it past the committee to make their rankings Michigan, Washington, FSU, Alabama and left us off. At least next year we will have the benefit of being in the SEC. 

New CFP format = 3 SECSEC teams in every year

• Haha 1

Just now, RandomIdoit said:

The craziest thing is that if Florida State had won convincingly, I wouldn’t put it past the committee to make their rankings Michigan, Washington, FSU, Alabama and left us off. At least next year we will have the benefit of being in the SEC. 

Oh for fuck's sake. No, you were wrong and you were always wrong. Texas was not being put behind Alabama. 

• Hook 'Em 8

Just now, n64ra said:

FSU got screwed. if they win their bowl, some computer ranking will put them at least tied for #1. They might claim it. Of course, backup QB could lose it.

It's pretty amazing they didn't get in, being ACC champion and undefeated.  I guess the SEC bias can overcome anything.

If they play Georgia in their bowl they'll get blown out.  If they don't they should make MNC rings.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, TxTower said:

You’ll pardon me for not reading all 30 pages of this thing. I had responses to my post that disagreed with my position. I posted my prediction and thankfully was correct.

I certainly wouldn’t have thought I was the only one to think of that ranking but as it took over 30 pages of discussion in two days, it was far from clear.

But thanks anyway. You can fuck off now.

Well Done Win GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Dahobbs said:

I should go back and track all the people in this thread (including you and immamac) that told me either that we wanted Georgia to win or that rooting for Alabama was pointless. If Georgia had won, we would have been out. Some crow needs to be served. 

If Georgia had won we'd be 4th, I said all along the only thing that mattered was us winning and how they felt about FSU and that we would go in ahead of an undefeated FSU

Crazy ass Jimbo. Please don’t bring in God and Jesus into this. You were not persecuted you unbelievable crazy fuckstick. If there were justice you don’t sniff the playoffs.

Hurting for FSU. That’s heartbreaking.

Thrilled for us Longhorns. Best we can do for God and Jesus is to win out and destroy Michigan. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

It’s interesting because 24 hours ago she was on tv arguing that the early Texas win over Bama mattered less because it was early in the season. But what’s even weirder, two days earlier she quoted the committee chairman as saying head to head is important regardless of the timing. So it’s almost like she wanted to tote her own view, but then got a talking to by someone to quit doing that. 

She was a naughty girl. Discipline is required...

1 hour ago, Macanudo said:

This feels like Christmas 1977.  I had asked my parents for a Millenium Falcon toy because Star Wars had rocked my world that year.  And they didn't deliver.   I got some lame knock off from Space :1999.

This better not be like 1977.

I got the falcon, and the FP Space Shuttle too.

That was the beginning of the end.

1 hour ago, Fondren & Main said:

They should just have Bama and Georgia rematch in the bowl game.  Then the winner can claim they would’ve won the national championship while they jerkoff and cry in a corner.

2BW0Hv.gif.5f30351ff2c2767ad0abce2dee6dad33.gif

7 minutes ago, RandomIdoit said:

Nah, they knew they couldn't take Alabama over Texas. H2H win was just too glaring for their SEC bias. 

If Bama was getting in it had to mean us at #3. 

• Hook 'Em 2