Game Week 10: Texas at TCU

Wulaw Horn

18 hours ago, Dnaguy said:

I always liked watching a game, having a burger, and getting beers at The Tavern.

But I’m an old now so idk what’s hip anymore.🤷🏼‍♂️ 

https://maps.app.goo.gl/xPsqGwgW4yVKmCMa8?g_st=ic

I haven’t lived in Austin since 2018 so no idea if it’s still the case, but they used to put every TV upstairs on the Georgia game, so if we played at the same time downstairs would get crowded early. Bunch of jerkoff dudes but they brought some hot tail with them…

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Droopy said:

I made an Orange Pepper smoked Turkey breast for a work bbq contest on Thursday that came out a beautiful burnt orange. It won chef’s choice and we took 1st place. Here’s to Texas doing that today in Ft. Worth. 🤘🏼

F917AFBA-7770-4F21-8EF6-A47FDE0E680C.jpeg

we're smoking a turkey breast tonight.  hope it comes out looking that nice.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/5/2023 at 4:06 PM, closetojumping said:

TCU is a bad football team and they are worse with Chandler Morris. Hopefully he’s back. They may be the worst defensive team Texas plays all year. They have JAGs all over the field on both sides. 

If Ewers can play, Texas will roll. If Ewers can’t go, I still expect Texas to win, but it could be a slog. Maalik Murphy is bad in almost every facet at QB and he’s going to attempt to cost Texas every game he plays. He is scared of contact, has zero mobility, has terrible mechanics, has no accuracy, makes poor decisions and then makes those decisions slowly. LOL at morons on this site and elsewhere who talked him up after watching him go against walk-ons while knowing he could not be hit. Jesus. 

I don't know if you do this on purpose or not, but when I read these QB evals, even when they're correct, I somehow come away with, "so, you're telling me he's going to be a Davey O'Brien candidate next season..." 

Of course, next season doesn't help us today. 

Hey everyone wanted the backup to get some playing time….only took a couple of heart attacks, some injuries, reverting to the norm of the decade. Now we have some experience, go out there and sling it around Quinn, we know worthy CAN catch deep balls now, whether or not he sprints at the end is a different story, AD should be a 6 yard slant every play, and we learned how to fumble again, long story short-were back to normal, let’s beat some ass. 

3 hours ago, MirrOlure said:

Lit the fire at 6:00. Pork butt about to go on, followed shortly by two racks of ribs 3-2-1 style

3 hours ago, Gut Wagon said:

Venison chili and sausage-shrimp gumbo here. All out of frog legs, sad to say. 

3 hours ago, Leanderman said:

Rib eyes and fresh gulf shrimp later this afternoon.

24 minutes ago, Rip76 said:

All Gas…

LFG!!

IMG_3328.jpeg

I submit my offering ...

Fresh start.jpg

• Hook 'Em 4

I haven’t lived in Austin since 2018 so no idea if it’s still the case, but they used to put every TV upstairs on the Georgia game, so if we played at the same time downstairs would get crowded early. Bunch of jerkoff dudes but they brought some hot tail with them…

Gross

Just woke up from a horrible dream where the refs kept spotting the ball 2 yards back on every play for us and we couldn't do anything because we already used our challenge for the half. 
Starting cornhead Kevin Mar and his quivering voice every time he's forced to announce a penalty on the other team or overturn a horribly bad call?

5 minutes ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

I'll see if the wife remembers when she gets home.  I'll get back to ya'.  In the meantime, you could try an image search.

Just now, Dnaguy said:

Good call on the image search. Found the same thing. They've got it at Macy's and at the Co-op (where it's currently on sale)

• Hook 'Em 1

Looks like red beans and rice (and cornbread) to me. You should go the New Oleans more. 
Ahh you're right. Saw the rice in the middle and sausage and immediately thought gumbo. Also, once a decade in N'awlins is plenty for me, we have legit Cajun/creole restaurants in Texas these days.