maga vs the swifties (taylor's version)

henrygandorf

2 minutes ago, Helobious said:

So am I a MAGA-tard if I just wanted the 9ers to win because I’m sick of the chiefs, don’t like mahomes, don’t like Kelce or Swift, and like watching football games without seeing or hearing about someone watching from the press box every 10 seconds? From reading this thread I guess I am.

Actively not like them, or just don’t care?  But I’d hope that the 45 seconds in 5 hours that Taylor was on screen barely registered. 

1 minute ago, Willfully Horn said:

Wut?

Posters on here are acting like if you didn’t want the chiefs to win or if you don’t care for the swift coverage it’s only because you’re a right-wing misogynist. And they don’t see the absurdity of that stance at all.

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

Posters on here are acting like if you didn’t want the chiefs to win or if you don’t care for the swift coverage it’s only because you’re a right-wing misogynist. And they don’t see the absurdity of that stance at all.

Why do you care what posters on here think about your motivations for rooting for the 49ers? Are you that desperate for validation? It would appear so since you post pretty much any thought that rattles around in your head. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 5

5 minutes ago, Helobious said:

So am I a MAGA-tard if I just wanted the 9ers to win because I’m sick of the chiefs, don’t like mahomes, don’t like Kelce or Swift, and like watching football games without seeing or hearing about someone watching from the press box every 10 seconds? From reading this thread I guess I am.

Just curious, what don't you like about Swift?  Just her music or something else?

2 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Hey look, you're misreading the room . . . again.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Who? Where? Quote posts.

And I think the Kelce behavior was a bigger deal than jj does simply because he made hard physical contact with his coach. That's over the line. It's not like it only takes a light tap to knock Andy Reid over. He didn't brush up against a lightweight. 

I don't think it was horrific or anything but it was a bad look. 

• Hook 'Em 5

19 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

That depends on whether Fisher thinks a sideline rant is worse than a guy throwing shit in the stands.  Regardless, Jeff Fisher is a really bad example of what a smart, rational coach might do about a temper tantrum.

My point is that the fallout is probably dependent on the coach/organization and what they want to make of it vs uniform across the league.  Maybe AJ Brown would face some more serious repercussions with the Eagles vs Kelce with the Chiefs.  His statement that he'd be drummed out of the league is just wrong, but he might have some significant consequences within the team he is a part of.

Just now, DixonHur said:

Just curious, what don't you like about Swift?  Just her music or something else?

The music and how much she’s talked about. Everywhere. Seems pretty self-absorbed (who the fuck promotes a new album while accepting a Grammy?), just doesn’t seem like a likeable person to me. 

Needless to say, she’s not someone I want to hear about while watching a game. Yet that’s all I got this season. 

3 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Hey, I had SF as in my Yahoo pick 'em group but with no money on it ($ was distributed only for the regular season), but I didn't really give a shit either way. I understand media over-exposure, so I can forgive you for wanting to see a different Super Bowl champ and even being tired of hearing about all the Taylor Swift shit, mostly promulgated by Right Wing wackos in response to her fans actually giving a shit about football for once.

What you're seeing here is called Schadenfreude, making fun of the reactionary dickheads who decided to make Swift/Kelce a political thing in the first place A) because she asked her fans to get out to vote in 2020 and B) Kelce made a fucking vaccine PSA.

Let me tell you, though. It's all absurd: the sport, the spectacle, football and music fan support, faux outrage, etc. None of it fucking matters in the real world. It's just funny as hell to see people get all riled up over a fucking game.

• Hook 'Em 7

15 minutes ago, Helobious said:

You're a whiny little bitch like MAGA guys are.

3 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Who? Where? Quote posts.

And I think the Kelce behavior was a bigger deal than jj does simply because he made hard physical contact with his coach. That's over the line. It's not like it only takes a light tap to knock Andy Reid over. He didn't brush up against a lightweight. 

Fair enough.  Reid didn't seem bothered in the moment or afterward.  He essentially said it's not the first time.

I mean, we've seen coaches get into fights on the sideline before.  Tom Brady was notorious, and I know he bumped an assistant at least once.  It's not rare.

2 hours ago, Goredho said:

They don't like her because of anything she's done.  They don't like her because they've been told not to like her.  Its because the crazy right has gotten really good at targeting and tearing down public figures in their circle of informational influence.  I am guessing they caught wind of something regarding Swift and the election that might hurt Trump and they are proactively attempting to condition those they hold sway over to reject anything from her direction in the future.

6 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Who? Where? Quote posts.

It’s ridiculous. No one “told” me to not like Taylor Swift. I just don’t fucking like her for reasons I stated above. I don’t like Trump, I don’t like Taylor Swift, and I wanted the 9ers to win. People like me exist.

• Hook 'Em 1

I'm pretty sure if you watch this general love fest that Andy Reid and Kelce get along, have mutual respect and that the sideline thing was simply Kelce being passionate to win...which Reid gets.  Context matters a lot in these kind of situations.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, Nivek said:

I just wanted someone else to win. I don’t know or give a shit about the 49ers.

I was just hoping that Longhorn legend (and Bevo tattoo recipient) Kyle Shanahan would finally get the "chokes away a double digit least in the superb owl" monkey off his back and win one.

Heh. So much for that.

KC winning and pissing off MAGA is a very nice consolation prize. As is Omenihu getting a ring, even though he was out from his injury. Say what you will about Romo, he mentioned how much missing Charles O. was hurting the Chiefs. Talk nicely about Longhorns, you're gonna make me like you.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, troph said:

pretty sure we have both already. but I'll fight a bitch for the fishing, I'm pretty sure we're losing that one at the moment. maybe the libcucks can just carve off fly fishing, I bet we can actually. we're a bunch of masochists anyway so it fits right in there.

I'm pretty sure the fish don't give a shit who eats them.

3 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

The MAGA people have completely lost the plot.  Taylor Swift ceasing dating Hollywood actors, musicians, and Europeans to instead pair up with a bearded badass middle America football player should have been a slam dunk for cultural conservatives (well, they shouldn’t really care at all, but you know what I mean). 

Football, country pop and finding reasons to mock Hollywood men for being too girly are the MAGAest things to ever MAGA, but nooooooooooo.  Now those are the territory of the left.  These people can fuck up anything.  

The surest sign they’re in a cult is just how fucking weird they’ve become.  “Oh, you don’t like football and white people music anymore?  Yeah, that checks out for the GOP.  I’m sure you will better enjoy … weird people’s podcasts, alternative low budget movies, and the music of Kanye West.  And dancing to the Village People at your rally about how the gays and trans are scary.”

This is what you get when you worship someone who just makes everything up as he goes along. I would imagine it turns your brain inside-out, trying to make sense of everything.

1 hour ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Last night during the game the wife asked me what the score was and I responded "49s 19, Chiefs 16, Tay Tay sightings 3." 

At some point I asked my daughter who the orange haired chick in the booth with Tay Tay was, and got roasted for not knowing. Apparently she(?) is some rapper who's name I have already forgotten that was in Barbie. God, dad. 

her name is Ice Spice, which I only know because it was brought up in the game thread last night and only remember because of a discussion in said thread that she was NOT a Spice Girl, and her fans don't even know who the Spice Girls are apparently

• Hook 'Em 1

It just occurred to me that I dislike Trump & Swift for a similar reason. A culture of feverish celebrity worship that destroys objective thoughts in their followers. 

You should stop. You hate a woman because of how her fans behave?  

• Hook 'Em 2

It’s ridiculous. No one “told” me to not like Taylor Swift. I just don’t fucking like her for reasons I stated above. I don’t like Trump, I don’t like Taylor Swift, and I wanted the 9ers to win. People like me exist.

Get over it. Professional football is part of the entertainment industry, just as much as music is. They both are ingredients in a mix we call "Pop Culture," which is trivial shit people like to gossip about. They're there to capture eyeballs and hopefully make you feel good emotions. Sometimes, they make us feel bad, too, like when Bambi's mother was murdered by that hunter. But the actual point of it all is to divert your attention from the real world for a few hours.

Just take it for what it's worth.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

You should stop. You hate a woman because of how her fans behave?  

It’s not hate, but yes? I don’t like Trump as a person, but really most of my distaste for him does come from how his fans behave. Would be disingenuous to not apply the same principle to other celebrities.

17 minutes ago, Helobious said:

So your theory is that Goredho was talking about you when he said "they" multiple times. Seems like the problem is you're too sensitive, you feel guilty that he was actually describing you, you can't read, or some combination of those. 

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Helobious said:

It just occurred to me that I dislike Trump & Swift for a similar reason. A culture of feverish celebrity worship that destroys objective thoughts in their followers. 

I think the thing that everyone finds hilarious is that a half dozen shots (maybe) of the Swift suite during a 4 hour game gets to you. 

• Hook 'Em 4

It’s not hate, but yes? I don’t like Trump as a person, but really most of my distaste for him does come from how his fans behave. Would be disingenuous to not apply the same principle to other celebrities.

So your problem with trump isn’t so much is behavior and ideas, but mostly how his cult followers act?

• Hook 'Em 7

4 minutes ago, Helobious said:

You're not completely wrong, you just suck at critical thinking.  Context matters.  

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Being a fervent fan of a football team or even just a player is a form of celebrity worship. That's okay because it doesn't actually have a material impact on everybody's lives. Being a fan of a politician who has the power to affect you and those you love is a little different. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Of course we all don't like Taylor Swift.  We're a bunch of middle aged men.  I'm 50 years old and she writes songs for young women with cracked iPhones driving used Honda Civics.  

You don't have to like something to understand why it's popular.  It's basic economics and business.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

47 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I'm gonna have to see your flag placement on your truck-boat-truck.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

33 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Seems pretty self-absorbed (who the fuck promotes a new album while accepting a Grammy?), just doesn’t seem like a likeable person to me. 

The Grammys are 100% about selling albums and promoting concerts. It's never been about the best music. They throw a bone every now and then to a new unknown act but it's mainly about who the big distributors are looking to promote.

• Hook 'Em 4

10 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So your problem with trump isn’t so much is behavior and ideas, but mostly how his cult followers act?

He’s just a narcissist trying to make money. The people that support him (at the worship level) have an ugliness or an anger inside them that would’ve been unleashed for something else, with or without him. 

30 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

I was just hoping that Longhorn legend (and Bevo tattoo recipient) Kyle Shanahan would finally get the "chokes away a double digit least in the superb owl" monkey off his back and win one.

Heh. So much for that.

KC winning and pissing off MAGA is a very nice consolation prize. As is Omenihu getting a ring, even though he was out from his injury. Say what you will about Romo, he mentioned how much missing Charles O. was hurting the Chiefs. Talk nicely about Longhorns, you're gonna make me like you.

Honestly if anything I was rooting for the 49ers because I like Shanahan is a Texas Ex and I like the way they're built. And despite the Vegas line they certainly felt like the  underdog. Shanahan kind of Sarked it but oh well. NFl playoffs have been a really good product the past few years. Also didn't think Romo was bad at all.

I'm pretty neutral on the whole Taylor Swift thing aside from enjoying watching people get so irrationally riled up. I did enjoy MAGA being caught between the weird Taylor Swift conspiracies and having to root for San Francisco, knowing that absent the whole Swift saga most of them would openly root for KC to own the libs of SF, as if that has any bearing on professional sports (and as if KC is not a liberal city). Not to mention the while kneeling for the anthem thing (I was told they were not watching the NFL anymore in the first place?) originated there. 

• Hook 'Em 4

12 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I didn't hear a single word of her Grammy speech. Never will. Helo, maybe stop randomly clicking on links that are going to annoy you from people who want you to be upset at every nothing story?

To me, the Grammys are about 1 thing: sometimes there are some historic performances. However I would never watch the 3 hour show to see them. Catch them the next day on youtube after you read what was good and bad.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm going to wait for his baseball prognostications.  

That's the only reason I don't have him on ignore: To see if he will pronounce the rise of the Yankees and the death of the Astros dynasty. Again.

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Helobious said:

So you dislike Taylor Swift because her fans like her? What objective thoughts are her fans not open to?

weird hill and such

Whats weird is she’s not the president, you could just ignore her. Somehow you let 45 seconds of total screen time bother you this much

Edited by hobbes2702

46 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I understand you don't like her for your own reasons.  There are a lot of people who suddenly in the last week or so "decided" they don't like Taytay.  I am speaking about them.  Sorry to catch you up in my broad brush.

• Haha 1