Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

36 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

The bolded is an interesting point.  Without his televised platform, and some power, his tweets are just a reminder of what an unhinged loon he is.

Many seem to assume that he will remain some kind of GOP martyr (which you also imply with your "Trump 2024" notion), but I think the opposite.  He's going to be a millstone around the neck of what remains of the GOP.

Well, we're using different metaphors, but it's the same concept.  The Trumpublican Party literally has no platform.  It's platform this year is "Trump."  There's no way to distance from that.

So in 2022, he's going to be out there tweeting like a lunatic.  He'll be on Fox & Friends and OANN spewing the same right-wing, white-supremacist rhetoric.  And he'll still be the head of the party.

How are Trumpublican incumbent senators in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Georgia, Iowa, and Florida (not to mention a Trumpublican nominee in North Carolina, who will be seeking to retain the seat for the GOP with Richard Burr retiring) going to deal with that?  They'd like to turn it into a referendum on Biden.  But Trump is going to prevent that--just like he can't turn this campaign into anything other than about himself.

This is the Trumpublican Party.  And if he is alive in 2024 and he wants to run, he'll be the nominee.  I just can't imagine anybody beating him in a primary.

3 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

GOP Donors "freaking out"

"Republican donors who attended President Donald Trump’s fundraiser at his Bedminster, New Jersey, golf club are panicking after being around the commander in chief hours before he announced that he was infected with the coronavirus.

GOP donors have been reaching out to Trump campaign and GOP officials for any guidance following the event, according to a person briefed on the matter.

“The donors have been texting and calling. Freaking out,” the person with direct knowledge said. This person declined to be named as the conversations were deemed private.

Trump’s campaign, as of Friday morning, has not sent out any official guidance to many of the donors involved with the event."

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Assuming he recovers, which I am personally rooting for because the alternative would launch us into new depths of chaos, here's how this will go. 

First day after recovery: "Trump seems to have a newfound understanding of the seriousness of this virus"

Trump, Day 2: THE CHINA PLAGUE IS A HOAX IT DOESN'T KILL HARDLY ANYONE I SURVIVED IT STRONGLY AND EASILY, DEATH NUMBERS ARE MADE UP BY THE LEFT

Trump sycophants: blargh blargh conspiracy china plague fake news hoax radical left

Everyone else: [Face Palm]

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

6 hours ago, Goredho said:

No one will be talking about the Proud Boys today.  The front page headlines will be about Trump and his status for the next few weeks.  No other news will be able to compete for public attention in that time.

Is that intentional? I have no clue.  But it’s damn sure an opportunity while America sits transfixed with Trump’s fight against coronavirus.

Pay attention to what else is happening over the next couple of weeks.

I'm sorry, but is it your take that "Trump is deathly ill with a virus that he negligently allowed to spread and which has killed 210,000 Americans" is a big upgrade over the story that "Trump cozies up to white supremacists"?  Because I'm not entirely sure I agree.

COVID-19 is an absolutely terrible issue for Trump.  He fucked it up bigly, and everyone knows it.  If the lead story on the news every night going into the election is COVID-19, then Trump is absolutely fucked.

Trump wants the issue to be the economy improving.  He actually still has good numbers on the economy (incredible as that may be to believe).  There's no chance of that narrative taking root now.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TornACL said:

Assuming he recovers, which I am personally rooting for because the alternative would launch us into new depths of chaos, here's how this will go. 

First day after recovery: "Trump seems to have a newfound understanding of the seriousness of this virus"

Trump, Day 2: THE CHINA PLAGUE IS A HOAX IT DOESN'T KILL HARDLY ANYONE I SURVIVED IT STRONGLY AND EASILY, DEATH NUMBERS ARE MADE UP BY THE LEFT

Trump sycophants: blargh blargh conspiracy china plague fake news hoax radical left

Everyone else: [Face Palm]

I can't help but think that him dying 2 months before he would have left office anyway probably gives us a whole lot less chaos than him contesting an election he clearly lost and everyone having to deal with that over then next few months.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

I can't help but think that him dying 2 months before he would have left office anyway probably gives us a whole lot less chaos than him contesting an election he clearly lost and everyone having to deal with that over then next few months.

The 244 Years of Peaceful Transition of Power team will be popping champagne bottles like the 72 dolphins.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

I'm sorry, but is it your take that "Trump is deathly ill with a virus that he negligently allowed to spread and which has killed 210,000 Americans" is a big upgrade over the story that "Trump cozies up to white supremacists"?  Because I'm not entirely sure I agree.

COVID-19 is an absolutely terrible issue for Trump.  He fucked it up bigly, and everyone knows it.  If the lead story on the news every night going into the election is COVID-19, then Trump is absolutely fucked.

Trump wants the issue to be the economy improving.  He actually still has good numbers on the economy (incredible as that may be to believe).  There's no chance of that narrative taking root now.

I was texting with a friend about this. I think catching Covid hurts him politically. It reminds me of the climactic wedding scene in The Man Who Would be King when Roxanne bites Daniel Dravot's cheek and draws blood, and the Kafirs realize all at once that he is not Alexander. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 2

40 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Dude, Twitter is going to ban Trump as soon as he's not president.  He's going to have to find another platform.

He will, along with Rush, found a new conservative AM talk radio platform KRAG “The Rage!”

It will be shut down 6 months later when it becomes known the public will only ever call it “The Rag!”

Edited by Goredho
  • Hook 'Em 1

So ain't on twitter, get my Trump tweets on Surly which is a roundabout way of saying I probably get better news than our own President does.  

What's he tweeting this morning?  I would think we're gonna have two weeks of him tweeting even more than usual.  I also think there's gonna be a ton of conflicting messages coming out of the white house via press office and twitter office.  Thankfully, we won't have to worry about what our allies and enemies think during such a tumultuous time since we are so clearly respected all over the globe, beyond reproach.  

Anyway, I hope he recovers, loses, and rots in the facility of his choosing within the New York State Department of Corrections & Community Supervision.  As a compromise, I think he'll be offered a deal whereby he'll get house arrest at Mar-a-Lago if he mans up and faces his charges in New York instead of hiding under DeSantis' skirt for three years.  It would be weird if he his bunkmate was also his secret service detail.  

Edited by Lobo

39 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Dude, Twitter is going to ban Trump as soon as he's not president.  He's going to have to find another platform.

From what I read, Parler is about 75% bots, so when he gets his account there he'll have plenty of people to converse with. 

If Twitter bans Trump there goes a whole lot of twitter hits.

6 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

So, do they include all the behind the scenes employees in stuff like this? The pilot, the people who clean the WH, etc? Not just the donors at the fundraiser, but all the people who served him there, the rally staff in Duluth?

Yeah, that's going to require a concerted effort, honest answers, and some selfless behavior. 

I'm not confident about it. 

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

We're not quite there yet, but Biden is pretty close to being in "up two TDs with the ball and 30 seconds on the clock" territory. 

If you are talking 30 seconds left in the 1st Qtr, I might agree with you. The GOP plan for keeping Trump in office and control of the Senate does not hinge on the actual results of the election, they expect to lose that. They are telegraphing their plan, and that plan is to challenge the legitimacy of the election. While they might not succeed, people need to accept that this will likely drag on for months after November in the courts. And the GOP will have the Senate, the SC, and the DOJ stacked in their favor. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

How will that play if someone falls critically ill and/or dies from Covid and  it is traced back to Trump's events the last two days?

It will have the same devastating impact on his adherents that the Herman Cain death had. That 20,000 lies has. That grabbing pussy had. That blowing up the debt & deficit had. That abandoning the Kurds had. That "fine people" had. That the Kushners' graft has had. That it'll be gone by Easter had.

Forget it Jake, it's Malign Idiot World.

spacer.png

This still makes me sick.

Fuck us.

Edited by RomaVicta
Quote marks disaster.
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

"Republican donors who attended President Donald Trump’s fundraiser at his Bedminster, New Jersey, golf club are panicking after being around the commander in chief hours before he announced that he was infected with the coronavirus.

GOP donors have been reaching out to Trump campaign and GOP officials for any guidance following the event, according to a person briefed on the matter.

“The donors have been texting and calling. Freaking out,” the person with direct knowledge said. This person declined to be named as the conversations were deemed private.

Trump’s campaign, as of Friday morning, has not sent out any official guidance to many of the donors involved with the event."

delicious.

36 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I was texting with a friend about this. I think catching Covid hurts him politically. It reminds me of the climactic wedding scene in The Man Who Would be King when Roxanne bites Daniel Dravot's cheek and draws blood, and the Kafirs realize all at once that he is not Alexander. 

Brilliant reference! Great movie.

But I did not think the no mask wearing disease spreading would happen to me after I rallied for the no mask wearing disease spreading party.