2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

2 minutes ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

One aspect of Trumpism that makes these legal cases even less likely to succeed is that Trump is absolutely toxic to elite/prestigious law firms and lawyers, so the President of the United State is going to court with a below average legal team (to put it nicely).  George Bush rolled into Florida with an absolutely elite legal team including Jim Baker and Ted Olson. Partisan shills, sure, but brilliant men. Ted Olson wouldn't touch Trump with a ten foot poll. In fact Jones Day is about the only big law firm willing to take Trump as a client, and they are being absolutely skewered from a PR perspective in legal circles (excluding Fed Soc sycophants).  

The fact that Trump rolls Rudy out there as his public legal face complicates things when it comes to hiring elite/prestigious law firms.

8 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

My cousin who worked in secret service told me if Biden is declared winner and Trump refuses to leave the White House that Trump would have to be forcibly removed by the secret service as he would be considered a threat to a president Biden. 

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Went to the PA counting dashboard, just to crunch the numbers. See https://www.electionreturns.pa.gov/ and https://www.votespa.com/About-Elections/Pages/Counting-Dashboard.aspx

It shows the breakdown of how many votes remain to be counted and how the votes are distributed.

Right now, Biden's 258,784 votes behind with 369,364 remaining to be counted. He needs just over 70% to favor him to win PA. Of the mail-in votes tallied so far, 77% have gone for Biden.

It's close, very much too close to call, but that's why the nerds are thinking Biden will win this.

The only number you have right is the votes left to count.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Mole said:

I teach college. I’ve spent time this fall with basic civics lessons (voter registration, census, absentee, early voting, etc.). A week before the election, one of my students asked me about trying to get an absentee ballot. School is about 4 hours from home, so in-person voting would have been tough by then.

I encouraged him to try to get home on the Friday before the election to early vote, but barring that, take his chances with an absentee ballot. A 20% chance of getting your vote counted is better than zero.

Oh yeah? Well I taught over zoom with an "I voted" sticker on my forehead for the last few weeks.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

So Fox would be the first to call it for Biden

They are either going with maximum chaos theory (recalling it at the last minute--to give Chris Wallace a fatal heart attack so they can move forward without that debate millstone around their neck) or they've begun the Barr-Murdoch shift and will hold fast in order to have first dibs at the salvos that the frozen food heir can lob at Biden and Harris.

I have no idea what I'm talking about, but it's getting late in the day for the little gray cells.

9 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Um.  That's kind of a stupid conclusion.

First, putting your ballot in the mail on Sunday is a dolt idiot move.

Second, how can you distinguish ballots "mailed" on Sunday from those mailed on Monday?  Both are receiving postmarks on Monday.  And mailing your mail ballot the day before the election is a bigger dolt idiot move than Sunday, but they're really pretty equivalent.

Third, does anyone expect a normal USPS to deliver overnight?  It happens with local mail, but there doesn't need to be interference or some sinister plan to fuck that up.

It's a shame those votes won't be counted, but chalk it up to the idiots who mailed them the day before the election.  Christ.

Yes, if anyone mailed off their ballot Saturday night, Sunday or Monday, they were stupid. However I don't think its a stretch to say that these ballots couldn't have been delivered on Tuesday. Every mail collection or sorting location could have set up a temp process to pull ballot envelopes aside for immediate delivery. Someone at the USPS touched that envelope on Monday. There is no reason it couldn't have been delivered within the same city on Tuesday.

And if 150K people did this, the USPS should have done a better job. I put the fail more on them.

8 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Yeah, that’s the biggest issue. Not the law that says votes received after the election aren’t counted. That’s just a good and cool law that is totally fair and every other state has the same law and there’s nothing we can or should do about it and fuck those idiots. 

Well the law may be dumb, but it's clear as fucking day on the Georgia voter websites that mail votes MUST BE RECEIVED BY ELECTION DAY.

Anyone with a lick of sense tried harder than voting by mail on Sunday or Monday before the election to get their votes counted.

I have zero sympathy for them.

And the USPS deliberate slowdown may be true, but that is shit evidence of it.

5 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

After he had the SS go on his car ride outside the hospital? They are all trying to figure out if they can just find an XXXL Havahart and throw a hamberder inside.

Oh I know what will happen. It’ll be like in movies when there’s a standoff until the one guy’s goons turn around and point their weapons at him, and then they all shake hands with each other and laugh. 

SIAP but I overheard on CNN over lunch that the 500k+ number quoted by the PA SOS was dated and the accurate number was in the 300ks. The department of state website shows 369k mail ballots left. Over 90k in Philadelphia (Biden will win, no shit, nearly all of these), and larger, more democratic friendly areas generally have more out.

Based on that with Trump’s current lead of approximately 110k (NYT website), Biden needs to win about 64 percent. Of course those counts probably don’t line up perfectly so it may need to be a little higher, but Biden has been running well ahead of that so still reason to feel good. But it may be pretty close.

I said about a year ago that the only way Trump was leaving the White House was after a bunch of Marines or National Guard stormed the building and they all re-enacted the final scene of Scarface, only instead of a mound of coke it would be a mound of cheeseburgers.

At the time, I thought I was exaggerating.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

It's shameful how shitty this country is at running elections.

In a moment of light-heartedness and since democracy and the Constitution no longer apply, here's how I would go about fixing it.

1.  Each state has 48 hours from the time the polls close to tally their votes.  If you can't get it done in that timeframe, tough shit.  Your electoral votes don't count and whichever candidate is ahead at the end of the 48 hours is the winner.

2.  For every lawsuit your team files that gets shot down in court, you lose 25,000 votes from that state's total.  Choose your battles wisely.

• Hook 'Em 1

Went to the PA counting dashboard, just to crunch the numbers. See https://www.electionreturns.pa.gov/ and https://www.votespa.com/About-Elections/Pages/Counting-Dashboard.aspx
It shows the breakdown of how many votes remain to be counted and how the votes are distributed.
Right now, Biden's 258,784 votes behind with 369,364 remaining to be counted. He needs just over 70% to favor him to win PA. Of the mail-in votes tallied so far, 77% have gone for Biden.
It's close, very much too close to call, but that's why the nerds are thinking Biden will win this.

I just had a similar post. Most media outlets are showing Biden only down 110k or so, so there’s some sort of reporting disconnect here from the SOS for sure.

Edit: Actually there’s no big disconnect, the state shows a similar margin to the media. Idk where this 258k number comes from.

12 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

this is nothing like what is reported elsewhere

13 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Trump's lead is under 109k.

All those calls for Biden to win PA by 100k+ sounded stupid at the time and sound even stupider now. It’s looking like it’ll be a Georgia-esque margin. 

Props to Elliott-Morris for letting his nuts hang on calling PA for Biden though. He’s not backing off of it.

3 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Yes, if anyone mailed off their ballot Saturday night, Sunday or Monday, they were stupid. However I don't think its a stretch to say that these ballots couldn't have been delivered on Tuesday. Every mail collection or sorting location could have set up a temp process to pull ballot envelopes aside for immediate delivery. Someone at the USPS touched that envelope on Monday. There is no reason it couldn't have been delivered within the same city on Tuesday.

And if 150K people did this, the USPS should have done a better job. I put the fail more on them.

I didn't say they couldn't or shouldn't have been delivered.  

You're right the USPS could have "tried harder" to deliver them in some form or fashion.

But I still can't get past people waiting that late to vote by mail and leave delivery up to fate, or the USPS, or God, or Baal, or whomever.  Fucking idiots.

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

It's pretty telling that the Republican heavyweights in Congress are not out there screaming about rigged elections, illegal ballots, STOP THE COUNT, etc..  The Qanon idiots are, but the actual heavyweights like Graham, Mitch, etc. are not.  That's got to be burning at Trump.

They've been using the intel team: Grennel, Schlapp and others that are not 'elected.' It's safer for them that way. Nothing sticks to them that can be used in two, four, six years. A few House reps have said stuff, but they're expendable to the cause probably. Some of the others are retweeting fraud and misinfo, but they can scrub that if necessary.

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well the law may be dumb, but it's clear as fucking day on the Georgia voter websites that mail votes MUST BE RECEIVED BY ELECTION DAY.

Anyone with a lick of sense tried harder than voting by mail on Sunday or Monday before the election to get their votes counted.

I have zero sympathy for them.

And the USPS deliberate slowdown may be true, but that is shit evidence of it.

We know it's true. We saw shitloads of evidence of it for months and they ignored a court order on election day. 

Just now, Helobious said:

All those calls for Biden to win PA by 100k+ sounded stupid at the time and sound even stupider now. It’s looking like it’ll be a Georgia-esque margin. 

Props to Elliott-Morris for letting his nuts hang on calling PA for Biden though. He’s not backing off of it.

You’ve proven yourself to be a complete moron this entire time. Good to see you holding firm in that affirmation 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I didn't say they couldn't or shouldn't have been delivered.  

You're right the USPS could have "tried harder" to deliver them in some form or fashion.

But I still can't get past people waiting that late to vote by mail and leave delivery up to fate, or the USPS, or God, or Baal, or whomever.  Fucking idiots.

If we didn't let idiots vote the Republican party wouldn't exist.

I don’t think it’s going to be Georgia close. It’ll be closer to Michigan than Georgia, even if it doesn’t hit 100k.

2 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I think it would be much less sincere to call NV for Trump than say PA for Biden by 100k+.

Of course the nightmare scenario in all of this is Biden wins with 270 and Trump and the crazies manage to peel off one faithless elector in a state that doesn't require the electoral college to vote in accordance with the state's presidential election results.  

Just now, Keef said:

Of course the nightmare scenario in all of this is Biden wins with 270 and Trump and the crazies manage to peel off one faithless elector in a state that doesn't require the electoral college to vote in accordance with the state's presidential election results.  

I assume said elector doesn't want his or her house burned down?

12 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

In a moment of light-heartedness and since democracy and the Constitution no longer apply, here's how I would go about fixing it.

1.  Each state has 48 hours from the time the polls close to tally their votes.  If you can't get it done in that timeframe, tough shit.  Your electoral votes don't count and whichever candidate is ahead at the end of the 48 hours is the winner.

2.  For every lawsuit your team files that gets shot down in court, you lose 25,000 votes from that state's total.  Choose your battles wisely.

1.  Nationwide same day registration. 
2.  Early voting like this year. 3 weeks, many locations. 

3.  Count early votes before Election Day. Be ready to upload that data as soon as polls close. 
4. voter id ONLY IF THERE IS A WAY TO MAKE SURE EVERYONE CAN EASILY GET ONE AND ITS FREE.  I can be easily dissuaded from this one if it’s not easy or if it’s not possible with same day reg or anything else. 

5 mail ins counted if postmarked by Election Day. Post office locations to have special desks to postmark ballots in front of voter.  If it’s so close that these votes matter, then we wait until they are all delivered.

6 Post game beeeeeeeers

Edited by Pato del Muerto
Lazy-ass formatting.
  • Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Count ballots as they come in, mail-in or otherwise.  Don't have to release the results, but at least count them.

Your #1 is problematic, because it could lead to lots of actual shenanigans.

16 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

It's pretty telling that the Republican heavyweights in Congress are not out there screaming about rigged elections, illegal ballots, STOP THE COUNT, etc..  The Qanon idiots are, but the actual heavyweights like Graham, Mitch, etc. are not.  That's got to be burning at Trump.

Hell has Pence even said anything?